PDA

View Full Version : Need Wiring Help

NJERNIE
03-26-2010, 05:34 PM
I am installing a light bar with led lights on my spyder. I can get the tail light to work but when the brake is applied the light goes out entirely. What do I need to do or purchase in order for the tail light and brake light to both work? I can disconnect the brake wire and the tail light will stay on.:gaah::dontknow:

RoadHammer
03-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Sorry cant help...... but kewlmetal.com and esi sell brake light kits etc..

SpyderByter
03-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Others have tapped leds into ESI's Triple Play and they worked as Brake/Running lights. The triple play is a nice safety feature, makes you very visable from the back and has the capability to flash 4 times before going steady when braking. Wakes up the cars behind you. He also has another unit I am not familiar with, but works about the same.

Give Evan a call.

http://www.esicycleproducts.com/contact.html

Magic Man
03-26-2010, 06:12 PM
I am installing a light bar with led lights on my spyder. I can get the tail light to work but when the brake is applied the light goes out entirely. What do I need to do or purchase in order for the tail light and brake light to both work? I can disconnect the brake wire and the tail light will stay on.:gaah::dontknow:

The best thing to do in a case like this is to check with the company you purchase these lights from, to see what if any special requirements they may have as to how to wire them into your bike.

MM

NJERNIE
03-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the suggestions - I finally figured out what I did wrong and got the lights working right.:clap::yes: