PDA

View Full Version : c.b.help

syclemom
03-25-2010, 03:01 PM
We had cb installed yesterday and while trying to check reception since no headsets yet while talking from my Venture the RX flashing showing reception but no sound the preference screen looks right , when you key the talk button my Venture RX recieves static so I assume it is transmitting, I should be able to hear reception but cannot figure why not! Does the cb only work through headset speakers? I am ordering a lower cord from J&M for our Elite 584 Hesdsets, Help!!

ThreeWheels
03-30-2010, 08:01 PM
We had cb installed yesterday and while trying to check reception since no headsets yet while talking from my Venture the RX flashing showing reception but no sound the preference screen looks right , when you key the talk button my Venture RX recieves static so I assume it is transmitting, I should be able to hear reception but cannot figure why not! Does the cb only work through headset speakers? I am ordering a lower cord from J&M for our Elite 584 Hesdsets, Help!!

I think the factory CB only works through the headsets. The only microphone connection is with the headset. There's no way to hook up an external microphone.

lawrenc454
03-30-2010, 11:28 PM
J&M sells an external microphone that can be used with the standard plug in for Harley's and Gold Wing. Don't know if it works with the Victory Vision like it does the others.

As far as headset or speakers. If your GPS comes through your speakers as does mine your CB should also be heard if you speakers are on. SHOULD is the opportune word. I'll test it Thursday night and let you know.

Lonnie

syclemom
03-31-2010, 01:41 PM
Finally got through to tech. yes only through headsets, have the lower cord ordered, we also have several Elite 584 J&M headsets, by the TX & RX on the screen it appears to be working soon as cord gets here will find out,Manual VERY vague about C.B. Thx.