PDA

View Full Version : Florida to Missouri

effgjamis
03-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Any Florida or other Spyder ryder interest in setting up a ride to or meet along the way?

MISSOURI RENDEZVOUS
Cuba Ride April 17th and 18th

Details on the following Link:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17547

From Central Florida ( Kissimmee ) it is a 1,100 mile ride.
the ride could quailfy you the IBA Saddle Sore if done in 24 hours or less.
If not inclined to ride that long, could stop over when we get tired and leave the following day to finish the trip.

Option 1:
For the Iron Butt run, we leave on the Eve of 15th to arrive on the eve of the 16th for a good night rest.

Option 2:
For the stop over ride, we would need to leave on the morning of the 14th, for a 500 to 700 mile ride. and leave the following morning for the balance of the miles, arriving on the eve of the 16th.

And of course, the return trip would be the reverse of either ride option.

Option 3:
Not interested in the ride. Will trailer spyder.

WaltH
03-19-2010, 05:52 PM
I am going to the Missouri Rendezvous and I have reservations at the Holiday Inn Express beginning on Thursday April 15th.

I will not be doing an "Iron Butt" ride. Around 450 miles per day is enough for me. I like long-distance motorcycle travel, but I don't want to have to do it all in one day. I am usually in the hotel by about 5:00 pm, maybe a little later. I leave in the morning whenever I happen to be ready. This approach makes it difficult for me to travel in a group. It is best for me to travel alone. This way I can stop when I want to. I can eat when I want to. I can pee when I want to. And, I can get gas when I want to. It should be around 1,300 miles for me.

Forrest: I will be looking forward to seeing you in Cuba (Missouri).

Ride safe

effgjamis
03-19-2010, 06:07 PM
A good possibility, that we could run about 100 miles for each gas stop and p........ 1/2 hour or less per stop for 2 hrs stop and 7 hours ride, would give about 9 hrs travel then motel. that would give about 700 miles first day. I know you stated 450 miles per day.. that would take approx 3 days, ( 2 nights) for the trip.
Give me some more thoughts on the trip.

Wheeler~
04-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Our first stop after crossing the Missouri State line. Next stop was Holiday Inn Express, Cuba, MO for the weekend celebration of the 1st annual Spyderfest Rally. It was a great time with great sponsors, people, food, rides and fun shared by all. Spyder ryders are just great comrades. Looking forward to 2011!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlPVWiWhTkg

dave01
04-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Right in front of the NO LOITERING sign...LOL