PDA

View Full Version : RT-622 Trailer Issue & Question

MarkLawson
03-19-2010, 08:24 AM
I picked up my new trailer this past Tuesday & love the look of it. It seems to pull very well. Yesterday, I was showing it to a neighbor & noticed the shoddy job of the carpet installation. The carpet pieces are held in place by Velcro, which I'm OK with, provided it works. On many places, the sticky backing on the Velcro is not sticking to the inside of the body, leaving the carpet with gaps around the top. This can be resolved, but shouldn't be an issue.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=700&pictureid=8409

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=700&pictureid=8408

One other thing...

I received this badge, which I would guess goes on the trailer somewhere, but I have no idea where. Anyone know?

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=700&pictureid=8407

Thanks!

tea6638
03-19-2010, 05:45 PM
As far as the Trailer PE Badge, it goes on the left side of the trailer where the other Spyder Badge is, providing the Spyder Badge was installed in the correct position to allow the PE Badge to be installed next to it. If not, the Dealer will have remove the Spyder Badge, reposition it, then install the PE Badge. While you're there, ask about the carpet. They should resolve that issue for you as well.:spyder2:

Magic Man
03-19-2010, 06:03 PM
EVERY, yes every 622 trailer I have seen or taklked to the owner of has the carpet velcro not holding on to the outer shell. :shocked:

At these prices for the RT and trailer, I ripped our dealer a "new one" delivering me a unit like this myself! :mad:

We had to completely remove our carpet to reglue all of our velcro down as this kind of stuff drives me nuts! :gaah:

The problem is, BRP did not clean the "fiberglass mold release agent" from the shell before putting on the velcro. :hun:

Kind of like spraying silcone on a surface before you try to put tape on it.

The inner shell needs to be throughly cleaned of the release agent where you are trying to put the velcro. .

We used solvent to clean the shell and then used this killer industrial hot melt glue we use here in the shop for bonding plastics. :clap:

But you should not feel bad, as it's not just you this has happend to and all us 622 owners feel your pain. :(

MM

LDFIREWORKS
03-19-2010, 08:05 PM
you are so freakin smart its killing me, i knew there was more than one reason i liked you :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :shemademe_smilie:

MarkLawson
03-19-2010, 11:15 PM
While you're there, ask about the carpet. They should resolve that issue for you as well.:spyder2:

I might just do that, but maybe not. They gave me my trailer hitch, knocked $600 off the trailer & charged me nothing for freight & prep. I'd hate to come back to them complaining. Magic Man makes sense with his response. Like him, I'll do it myself and make sure it's done right.

syclemom
03-31-2010, 01:37 PM
Our trailer had similar carpet issues, I did talk to dealer about it, but to be honest I thought this might be a preproduction issue we have had trailer since we got bike Jan. 5 which was a demo-trailer, and demo bike that had never been uncrated, I glued with 3-m weatherstrip adhesive [Yellow Death] will hold now, I am sure our dealer Mancuso South , LeMarque Tx. would have done something to remedy but we are 2 1/2hrs. away, so I made repair. We drive by 2 other dealers on our way to LeMarque, seem like good people but one is a Kubota dealer, the other mainly 4-wheelers, this machine too hi-tech went with more established dealer Joel service Mgr. been great willing to go out of his way to keep the wife happy, We are told her bike was the first one sold in Texas.

NorthStar
03-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Check the trailer wiring harness beneath your rear fender. As you know, the wires are routed through the bottom of your left bag, through the fender and up and under the seat. When I looked beneath the fender today I noticed that the cabling was hanging down and rubbing up against the rear tire. I had to put a temporary bracket around the harness to suspend it from the inner fender and away from the wheel. The next time I take off some tupperware I will see if I can eliminate this slack. The plastic cable channel had worn almost through to the wires so it was lucky that I caught it before it was too late.

Not the end of the world, but I will inform the dealer of this install oversight before they do any more installs in this fashion.

syclemom
04-01-2010, 06:13 AM
Originally our wires routed as you describe, the module went to ground as I posted in Jan. , I expressed my concern for this routing and when we got new module[they had an extra] the wiring routed inside over bag as should have been done to start.

MarkLawson
04-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Originally our wires routed as you describe, the module went to ground as I posted in Jan. , I expressed my concern for this routing and when we got new module[they had an extra] the wiring routed inside over bag as should have been done to start.

I'd be interested in seeing how you did that reroute. Can you post a link to the January posted? I did the wiring install myself & was not too happy with BRP's solution to routing that harness through the rear fender area. Now that I think of it, it shouldn't be too hard to lengthen those wires to any length needed to route them more safely.

Thanks,

syclemom
04-01-2010, 01:38 PM
I did not do it tech did on warranty replacement of module that went to ground can only tell you cant see a wire now , next time i disassemble will post, as usual my wife is gone on it now.