PDA

View Full Version : Mods in process

Amanda B
03-18-2010, 07:09 PM
The Spyder today. I have a few mods just put on.

Amanda B
03-18-2010, 07:12 PM
I will post more as the parts arrive and get put on. I will post a final picture hopefully next week!
I just put NMN fender tip lights and mudflap lights. My under tail has a carbon fiber look now too. I got tired of trying to clean the dirt off the flat, bumpy plastic. Now it's smooth, shiney and easier to clean.

YPILOT
03-18-2010, 07:25 PM
I will post more as the parts arrive and get put on. I will post a final picture hopefully next week!
I just put NMN fender tip lights and mudflap lights. My under tail has a carbon fiber look now too. I got tired of trying to clean the dirt off the flat, bumpy plastic. Now it's smooth, shiney and easier to clean.
So did you cover it with carbon look material or buy a new undertail already made that way?

SpyderWolf
03-18-2010, 07:30 PM
:2thumbs:

Now that carbon fiber look on the underpan is very cool. Is that a wrap, or what? I might want to do the same thing with mine, as it really looks terrible most of the time.

Amanda B
03-18-2010, 07:57 PM

Now that carbon fiber look on the underpan is very cool. Is that a wrap, or what? I might want to do the same thing with mine, as it really looks terrible most of the time.

It is not a wrap or anything. It was painted to look like carbon fiber. They basically can do this to any part of your bike as long as you can take it off and ship it in. I might do some other parts, this one was sort of a practice run to see if I liked it, and I do. Downside is that it isn't cheap to get it done. But is a nice glossy look.

SpyderWolf
03-18-2010, 08:03 PM
It is not a wrap or anything. It was painted to look like carbon fiber. They basically can do this to any part of your bike as long as you can take it off and ship it in. I might do some other parts, this one was sort of a practice run to see if I liked it, and I do. Downside is that it isn't cheap to get it done. But is a nice glossy look.

Did you get it done by the place on EBay that has the red carbon fiber looking body for sale? If so, how would you rate the experience? I was already thinking of sending something to them.

Amanda B
03-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Did you get it done by the place on EBay that has the red carbon fiber looking body for sale? If so, how would you rate the experience? I was already thinking of sending something to them.

They were great to work with. I sent the part in, they painted it and sent me a picture while it cured so I could see it and it came in perfect condition. It looks great, but it is a little pricey. I was thinking of getting the plastic around the fog lights done, I'll wait to do that some other time though. I still don't quite understand how the process works, meaning how they get paint to look like carbon fiber. I would use them again!

SpyderWolf
03-18-2010, 08:53 PM
They were great to work with. I sent the part in, they painted it and sent me a picture while it cured so I could see it and it came in perfect condition. It looks great, but it is a little pricey. I was thinking of getting the plastic around the fog lights done, I'll wait to do that some other time though. I still don't quite understand how the process works, meaning how they get paint to look like carbon fiber. I would use them again!

Thanks for the info, and the recommendation as well. :thumbup:

Amanda B
03-19-2010, 04:52 PM
My rims were ruined yet again :yikes:...so I guess I won't be posting much else on here for a bit, unless he gets it right the third time. He is getting one more chance to make it right, but I think I am going back to the black rims (he is out of the black chrome and would have to go to Cincinatti which is two hours away)....but the sad part is they were already black. So, I paid $800 for the rims and then I will pay $300 for them to be painted the color they were already painted:roflblack::roflblack: and there is no guarantee he will get it right either.:roflblack: so I don't cry or do something I'd regret! At least if he gets it right I don't have to worry about matching the sprocket?

Amanda B
03-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Now they are going to be gun metal???? I just hope they end up not being hot pink or lime green at this point....UGH!!!!!!!!!! I just want the ordeal to be over! Tomorrow I will have them and will post pictures, regardless of what shape they are in...

Amanda B
03-20-2010, 11:49 AM
I got the rims back, somehow he pulled it off. They look SWEET! I got the tires mounted on them now. Will post pictures later today.

ataDude
03-20-2010, 12:23 PM
I got the rims back, somehow he pulled it off. They look SWEET! I got the tires mounted on them now. Will post pictures later today.

Congrats! Now, you can stop chewing the antacid tablets. :D

8LEGS
03-20-2010, 01:55 PM

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Can't wait to see it in person in April....!!!!

Amanda B
03-20-2010, 04:25 PM

Yep, I ran outta TUMS:roflblack:

Amanda B
03-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Here is a before and after. I was actually going for a black chrome which was lighter at times and darker at others depending on the light. Gun metal was a second choice and is growing on me. Since he botched up the job twice he was out of the black chrome, and because of time constraints I said forget black chrome, go for gun metal or back to black, because at first he didn't think he had enough for the gun metal. I took a close up of the sprocket, which he actually painted to match (he called in a favor from a buddy of his after all the hassle I think).

Big O would not touch the rims they were afraid they would damage them due to how far they stick out in some places. I got a local Honda dealer to do it, but they aren't balanced. Fortunately, I have Ride On . I'm glad I posted what I was going to do before I got the job done, so I knew to buy an extra back tire and Ride On (very helpful people on this site)!

Amanda B
03-20-2010, 04:31 PM
I will have to post pictures once the stuff is put on (which will hopefully go smoother), but here is the other stuff that was powder coated.

Amanda B
03-20-2010, 05:44 PM
The garage is a little dark

Amanda B
03-23-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't have all the panels on yet as the emergency break isn't working nor are the back break lights :yikes:(will not get brighter as breaking) and I have to fix a wire that is dragging on the back wheel.

So, a few panels are off, I stopped putting them on as I realized I would likely have to take them off again anyway.

Here are some of the mods. They are the black powder coated handle bar, the peg brackets. I also took a picture of the smuggler with the bike put together. Of course, also you'll see the gun metal sprocket cover that took him three hours to modify as the wrong one was sent to me! I will post front rims soon.

Amanda B
03-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Oops, here you can see peg brackets. Top panel isn't on.

groundeffect
03-23-2010, 11:50 AM
:2thumbs::2thumbs:
Oops, here you can see peg brackets. Top panel isn't on.

more pics when you're ready ;)

Arachnid71
03-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Nice very sweet looking!! :2thumbs:

dltang
03-23-2010, 04:29 PM

Amanda B
03-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Just got the highway pegs on. They came today, but they sent the wrong ones. They weren't the one's I wanted, but I'll deal.

Amanda B
03-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Forgot this one. Done! Just in time for the show this weekend! They were supposed to be powder coated wings. Guess these will do.

CRUCIFIED
03-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Turned out great!!!! VERY NICE!!!:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Amanda B
03-24-2010, 08:02 AM
Turned out great!!!! VERY NICE!!!:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Thanks! I will try to get the casting number off my bike today and the part number so you can figure out which sprocket you need to get.

manchild
03-24-2010, 11:21 AM
Just got the highway pegs on. They came today, but they sent the wrong ones. They weren't the one's I wanted, but I'll deal.

Nice job! :2thumbs:Those wheels are sharp!! As well as the rest of the :spyder2:

Amanda B
03-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Today at the BMV I learned when you turn an alarm on, you have to remember to turn it off when you get back on your bike!:D

SpyderWolf
03-25-2010, 09:33 PM

That looks great Amanda. Your foot pegs and pedal adapters look very familiar for some reason, I just can't put my finger on it. :D

Amanda B
03-26-2010, 07:07 AM
Thanks! The bike show is tomorrow and it looks like the weather is going to cooperate! Any suggestions on a quick patch on the sprocket? Just something that will last for the show?

SpyderGirl
03-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Amanda, your Spyder looks FANTASTIC!! :2thumbs:

Amanda B
03-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Who said I'd still be modding? I guess you were right. I am going to install day runners today!

Amanda B
03-26-2010, 04:48 PM
One picture is with the flash on the camera off (you'll see they look brighter then, which gives a better idea how bright these are). The install is pretty easy, unless like me you put your hand up where you shouldn't and get it stuck. There are some tight spots on this bike! Next time I do an install I'm going to have my cell phone close just in case...lol!

TMehaffey
03-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Looks GREAT!:2thumbs: but, why is one tire straight and the other one turned?

Amanda B
03-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Looks GREAT!:2thumbs: but, why is one tire straight and the other one turned?

That's another mod I did...kidding! Camera angle and where I was sitting, I was almost straight ahead of the tire on the left side of the picture. I went out and moved the tires just a second ago and sat where I took the picture, though they are both turned they don't look like it from where I was sitting. Optical illusion, I had noticed that too! :D

TMehaffey
03-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Cool...I think i'm optically defective:yikes:. Your :spyder2:looks excellent:2thumbs:

SpyderWolf
03-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Those look good as well.

As far as the sprocket deal goes, the only thing I can think of is to try to keep their attention focused more on the front of the Spyder. There may be a slight chance they don't even notice, depending on how serious of a show this is.

I am going to a small show tomorrow as well, but it is mostly a fun thing for charity. When I called the guy who is setting it up, he said he would probably put me in with the sport bikes as he has no idea where else my Spyder could fit in. :D

CRUCIFIED
03-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Depending on the flaws perhaps you could position the sprocket where the part you dont want noticed is behind the rear swing arm...that would be my suggestion unless the cover is in a fixed position? The other option is set up a display and put the majority of it in front of the rear wheel. Displays are a creative and inexpensive way to draw more attention to your vehicle and in some cases get you extra points at certain shows. Sorry, best options I could think of other than cutting it off entirely?:dontknow:

I know its not a spyder but this is my old s-10 Blazer...did most of the work myself and I have been to a ton of shows so if there is anything I can help with as far as ideas for presentation, shoot me a pm and lets chat.=)

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp121/LHFRIV/GaugeMagazine_2009_Blazer_002.jpg

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp121/LHFRIV/socalCustoms.jpg

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp121/LHFRIV/MT2.jpg

Amanda B
03-26-2010, 09:13 PM
I think if I can position it right it won't even show. I don't know how serious they will be looking at it anyway.

CRUCIFIED
03-26-2010, 09:20 PM
I think if I can position it right it won't even show.

That would be the easiest fix for sure...I have found most people look at vehicles for about a minute or so and move on, first impression is king. Usually unless they are judges or own the same vehicle they dont look all that close. I hope I am not sounding like "a know it all". I am just trying to help out Amanda and I have no idea what experience you have with shows...hope you werent offended by my suggestions.

Amanda B
03-26-2010, 09:22 PM
I really like the blazer! Did you do the paint? I wish I were better at doing mods.

CRUCIFIED
03-26-2010, 09:37 PM
I really like the blazer! Did you do the paint? I wish I were better at doing mods.

Your Spyder looks awesome and thank you Amanda.

I did the design but someone sprayed it for me since I didn't have the equipment. (BTW the words in the paint are 1st Cor 1:18) Hope to do similar to the Spyder one day.

Amanda B
03-27-2010, 06:16 AM
Your Spyder looks awesome and thank you Amanda.

I did the design but someone sprayed it for me since I didn't have the equipment. (BTW the words in the paint are 1st Cor 1:18) Hope to do similar to the Spyder one day.

I'd like to see pictures of the rest of your bike as is now!