PDA

View Full Version : New Armor All Wheel Protectant??

3tracs
03-17-2010, 08:58 PM
I received an email from Armor All today introducing their new wheel protectant. It included a link with a fun video... this stuff looks awesome!

Do you think it would be safe for the Spyder's wheels? (I though I read somewhere on this forum that some product messed up someones wheels... how's that for vague??)

Here is the link: http://www.armorall.com/products/view_product.php?product_id=33&main_group=3&category_index=wheel

Let me know what you all think!

Harry

YPILOT
03-17-2010, 09:18 PM
That's a cool demo. Makes me wanna try it.:thumbup:

Brevet05
03-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Looks impressive; assuming that the product isn't known to damage painted wheels,the first round's on the manufacturer, as there's a rebate form on the site. I guess I'll try it.

burg650
03-17-2010, 09:24 PM
WOW that is awesome if it really works, and as Brevet05 said if it does not damage painted wheels then Armor has a winner on they hands.

SpyderWolf
03-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Okay, I am very interested in this product.

I am now hoping someone will chime in that has actually used it, and knows whether it is safe for all wheels. I would especially like to know if it is safe to use on powder coated wheels.

This is what their FAQ says; however, it does not specifically mention this product.

Can I use the Armor AllŪ Wheel Cleaners on all types of wheels, including clear coat?
Armor AllŪ Wheel Cleaner can be used on most types of wheels, rims, covers and hubcaps. The product can be used on wheels with a clear coat, but before using on uncoated aluminum or motorcycles wheels check with the manufacturer. We recommend that you test the product before use on an inconspicuous area. If hazing or spots appear, discontinue use. Do not use on wheels with damaged clear coat.

bone crusher
03-17-2010, 10:13 PM
How about we ask Carlo to present the product to the engineers and get their blessing? He replied on the spark plugs...he'll check this out for us as well, if someone asks...

jedd
03-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Cool stuff great link I'll try it :2thumbs:

bone crusher
03-17-2010, 11:03 PM
good luck finding it...everywhere I see costs more than the 8.99...odd...

Tom in NM
03-17-2010, 11:42 PM
. . . . I get honey on my wheels all the time, this will really help! :D

I use their Ultra-shine Detailer and really like it. Works great on the whole bike.

As far as this wheel product goes, I can only see two things that will be a problem:

Application will be a pain on the rear wheel.

They rate it to last 4 weeks - that is not very long.

Actually, I have not cleaned my back wheel for a while now and it looks like I had it powder-coated. I am learning to live with it.

Tom

bone crusher
03-17-2010, 11:52 PM
. . . . I get honey on my wheels all the time, this will really help! :D

I use their Ultra-shine Detailer and really like it. Works great on the whole bike.

As far as this wheel product goes, I can only see two things that will be a problem:

Application will be a pain on the rear wheel.

They rate it to last 4 weeks - that is not very long.

Actually, I have not cleaned my back wheel for a while now and it looks like I had it powder-coated. I am learning to live with it.

Tom

Tom,

Those are really good points...if you have to reapply every 4 weeks, I'll pass...

I'm too busy to be detailing my cars or bike every few weeks...sure, just rub some stuff on the tire but truth be told, I don't have time...I'd rather be out doing something than sitting around detailing my bike...

If it stayed a whole season, that'd be another issue, but 8 applications a year won't cut it for me!

SpyderWolf
03-18-2010, 07:07 PM
With the roads I normally ride on, applying this stuff once a month would be a blessing. I have not gotten any honey on my wheels yet, at least not that I am aware of, but I am thinking the Robin that flew into my right front wheel may not have left such a mess behind with this stuff on the wheels. :dontknow:

Some Guy
03-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Great product! We have LOTS of road bees here! I regularly ride through several swarms per day and they deposit TONS of honey on my Spyder! I can't scrape it off for edible purposes since it has too much road dirt embedded in it. I've tried every kind of bug repellent on my Spyder with no luck.

:roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

OK...seriously...it looks like a good product and I've been using their tire products on all my vehicles for years. :thumbup:

Brevet05
03-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Great product! We have LOTS of road bees here! I regularly ride through several swarms per day and they deposit TONS of honey on my Spyder! I can't scrape it off for edible purposes since it has too much road dirt embedded in it. I've tried every kind of bug repellent on my Spyder with no luck.

:roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

OK...seriously...it looks like a good product and I've been using their tire products on all my vehicles for years. :thumbup:

I rode from South Padre to Aransas Pass this morning (four hour ride), but my wife and I got separated when I stopped to help a stranded motorist, so I got to ride a bit faster than otherwise and got here about 45 minutes ahead of her. As it was too early to check in, I decided to give the Spyder a quick going over with lemon Pledge. Instant bee magnet, and now I've honeycombs in the wheels. Help, Armor-all!:yes:

LDFIREWORKS
03-18-2010, 07:58 PM
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Lamonster
03-18-2010, 07:58 PM
I bought some today while I was out. I'll let you know. :doorag:

SpyderWolf
03-18-2010, 08:01 PM

:2thumbs: Thanks Lamont!

3tracs
03-19-2010, 04:58 PM

Awesome, can't wait to see what you think.

Thanks Lamont!

Harry

Amanda B
03-19-2010, 06:13 PM
I picked up some today, will be cleaning my car shortly, while I'm on break and if I ever get my rims back from powder coating I will try it on them as well.

Magic Man
03-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Did Patti's car this morning. :ohyea:

I'll let you know if it works. :dontknow:

If it does work everything I own will be getting it. :2thumbs:

MM

Cheffer
03-19-2010, 10:39 PM
That was a very cool video, I hoping he was going to drink the dirty water too, that would of been funny.

SpyderWolf
03-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Cheffer, welcome

Does anybody have any results of using this product yet, or is it still too early to tell?

TicketBait
03-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Cheffer, welcome

Does anybody have any results of using this product yet?, or is it still too early to tell?
:chat: anybody?:popcorn:

Magic Man
03-26-2010, 02:13 PM
:chat: anybody?:popcorn:

YES! :clap:

I put it on Patti's car one week ago and the WHEELS STILL ARE REALLY CLEAN! :2excited:

We have even had several rain days here, and they are still clean. I mean really clean! :yes:

This is the best stuff I have ever used to keep the wheels looking good!

I am going to do the rest of my things with this stuff for sure! :2thumbs:

MM

Sarge707
03-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Cool Video!!

I,m getting some!!

Bet I EVEN Get better gas mileage??:yikes:
:roflblack:

M2Wild
03-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Cool Video!!

I,m getting some!!

Bet I EVEN Get better gas mileage??:yikes:
:roflblack:
Did the Meth Busters proven a cleaner car gets better fuel milage on TV?:D

NancysToy
03-26-2010, 04:13 PM
YES! :clap:

I put it on Patti's car one week ago and the WHEELS STILL ARE REALLY CLEAN! :2excited:

We have even had several rain days here, and they are still clean. I mean really clean! :yes:

This is the best stuff I have ever used to keep the wheels looking good!

I am going to do the rest of my things with this stuff for sure! :2thumbs:

MM
Yeah, but did you actually test it with any honey? :roflblack:

Magic Man
03-26-2010, 04:18 PM
Yeah, but did you actually test it with any honey? :roflblack:

I tested it with "my honey" Patti driving the car. :roflblack:

Don't know what's in this stuff, but it is some slippery stuff for sure! :thumbup:

MM

bone crusher
03-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Okay,

I'm a cheap date for this one...I can't find it anywhere...what stores have it?...I did print out the coupon though...

Amanda B
03-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Wonder if I can put it all over my car and not wash it??? :roflblack:

Magic Man
03-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Wonder if I can put it all over my car and not wash it??? :roflblack:

It works so well that I went to Walmart tonight and got two more cans (only $6.97 there :yes:)

...and don't laugh I'm going to try it on lower rear fender behind the wheels on the Ridgeline and see what happens? :dontknow:

I really am impressed that so far this stuff does everything that it claims. :thumbup:

MM

NancysToy
03-26-2010, 08:04 PM
It works so well that I went to Walmart tonight and got two more cans (only $6.97 there :yes:)

...and don't laugh I'm going to try it on lower rear fender behind the wheels on the Ridgeline and see what happens? :dontknow:

I really am impressed that so far this stuff does everything that it claims. :thumbup:

MM
Sounds like a blessing for those of us here in the salty North. Guess I'll get enough to do both sides of all our wheels.

Way2Fast
03-26-2010, 08:35 PM
If you have to spray it on how do you avoid getting it on the brakes ? Disc brake rotors covered with something so slippery are bound to increase stoping distances.

Roaddog2
03-26-2010, 08:37 PM
If you have to spray it on how do you avoid getting it on the brakes ? Disc brake rotors covered with something so slippery are bound to increase stoping distances.Spray it on to a rag first then apply :doorag:

3tracs
03-26-2010, 09:01 PM
I bought some at our local Wal-Mart today and paid $6.97 too. Will be putting it on the Spyder this weekend if time allows.

Thanks everyone! :2thumbs:

Harry

Brevet05
03-26-2010, 09:01 PM
I tested it with "my honey" Patti driving the car. :roflblack:

MM

:clap:Well played!:clap:

SpyderWolf
03-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Evan, thanks for the information so far as it sounds like some great stuff to use. Have you tested it on anything powder coated yet? Just wondering if it is safe for that. :dontknow:

bone crusher
03-27-2010, 04:16 AM
Ah hah...so Walmart is the place to get the stuff...virtually impossible to find online...

Magic Man
03-27-2010, 08:25 AM
Evan, thanks for the information so far as it sounds like some great stuff to use. Have you tested it on anything powder coated yet? Just wondering if it is safe for that. :dontknow:

Yes the wheels on Pattis 2010 MB C300 are the typical new car silver powder coating over the aluminum wheel. Just like stock Spyder wheels are.

I am going to go to the store with her in a minute, and will take a photo of the wheels with my phone and post. It is now over a week and no cleaning by me later. I think you will be impressed.

MM

Magic Man
03-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Ah hah...so Walmart is the place to get the stuff...virtually impossible to find online...

I had to go to two Walmarts last night, as the one did not have any carb cleaner in stock. But both had the Armor All in stock.

The Advanced Auto parts store I got the first can at was $8.99 and both the Wal Marts were $6.97 which was over $2 cheaper a can. I think it was a great price. :thumbup:

MM

Way2Fast
03-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Seems like this stuff might work great if applied to the front of vehicles to prevent love bugs from sticking to the paint. Here in Central Florida we get "attacked" by this insect in the spring and fall. They have acid for blood and if left on, will eat right through the clear coat and ruin the paint.

Magic Man
03-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Here is a shot of Patti's front wheel after more than a week and several days of rain and even snow here in NY with sand and salt on the roads.

No brake dust, no dirt, no salt, nothing at all!

This is untouched and before I cleaned the car this morning. :thumbup:

MM

SpyderWolf
03-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Here is a shot of Patti's front wheel after more than a week and several days of rain and even snow here in NY with sand and salt on the roads.

No brake dust, no dirt, no salt, nothing at all!

This is untouched and before I cleaned the car this morning. :thumbup:

MM

Suhweeeet! Looks like I need to make a trip to Walmart as well. Thanks again Evan! :thumbup:

Roaddog2
03-27-2010, 06:59 PM

MMMan this stuff looks more impressive than some chrome S:cus: gone to give it a try
:thumbup:

dltang
03-27-2010, 07:34 PM
I too will keep you all posted. I cleaned my wheels today. They were so dirty it almost looked like they had been powdercoated black. I cropped some photos of my spyder today to give you kind of an idea of the before picture. I used Turle Wax Rim Clean to get everything off the wheels. It worked great by the way. Then I sprayed the ArmorAll Wheel Protection on and I am letting it set overnight before I drive it. It suggests at least an hour but says the longer the better. Here are some photos, they aren't the best, but you will get the idea.

Dirty first:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/Zi6_0908-1-1.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/Zi6_0908-1.jpg

Now clean with Turtle Wax Rim Clean and the added ArmorAll Wheel Protectant:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/Zi6_0919.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/Zi6_0921.jpg

Here are the closeup wheels pics side by side:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/Zi6_0908-1.jpghttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/Zi6_0921.jpg

SpyderWolf
03-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Thanks for posting those pictures Deb. That is a huge difference already between clean and dirty. It will be great to see how long they stay clean with the protectant on them. :thumbup:

Roaddog2
03-30-2010, 12:29 PM
Man this stuff looks more impressive than some chrome S:cus: gone to give it a try
:thumbup:This stuff is the BOMB wheels are looking great gone to also apply it to my front forks :2thumbs: it is right up there with some good chrome :cus:

tweeder
03-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Wouldn't it be nice to do the whole bike in it. No washies for a week:clap:

Firefly
03-30-2010, 01:53 PM
I too will keep you all posted. I cleaned my wheels today. They were so dirty it almost looked like they had been powdercoated black. I cropped some photos of my spyder today to give you kind of an idea of the before picture. I used Turle Wax Rim Clean to get everything off the wheels. It worked great by the way. Then I sprayed the ArmorAll Wheel Protection on and I am letting it set overnight before I drive it. It suggests at least an hour but says the longer the better. Here are some photos, they aren't the best, but you will get the idea.

Dirty first:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/Zi6_0908-1-1.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/Zi6_0908-1.jpg

Now clean with Turtle Wax Rim Clean and the added ArmorAll Wheel Protectant:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/Zi6_0919.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/Zi6_0921.jpg

Here are the closeup wheels pics side by side:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/Zi6_0908-1.jpghttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/Zi6_0921.jpg

:thumbup: Will do mine this weekend after a good washing. Gonna be a bear getting to the rear. The fronts I think I'll remove and do them on a table.

I notice you suffer the same 'not put back together right' rear wheel syndrome as I do....... just waiting until I need a new rear tire to have mine corrected.

Magic Man
03-30-2010, 01:59 PM
I notice you suffer the same 'not put back together right' rear wheel syndrome as I do....... just waiting until I need a new rear tire to have mine corrected.

I know the sprocket and wheel look out of phase, but to tell the truth that looks easier to clean than when aligned like mine is. :dontknow:

MM

Firefly
03-30-2010, 02:20 PM
I know the sprocket and wheel look out of phase, but to tell the truth that looks easier to clean than when aligned like mine is. :dontknow:

MM

Could be-- can't remember from when mine was 'right'. I know my valve stem is currently a PITA to get to.

dltang
03-30-2010, 05:34 PM
:thumbup: Will do mine this weekend after a good washing. Gonna be a bear getting to the rear. The fronts I think I'll remove and do them on a table.

MM

I think that is just the angle of the photo guys.

Magic Man
03-30-2010, 06:45 PM
I think that is just the angle of the photo guys.

No, the spokes in the sprocket and the wheel spokes are suposed to line up, Yours are off 33 degrees.

MM

NancysToy
03-30-2010, 07:26 PM
No, the spokes in the sprocket and the wheel spokes are suposed to line up, Yours are off 33 degrees.

MM
Is that anything like a half a bubble? :roflblack:

dltang
03-30-2010, 07:28 PM

MM

I guess I never realized that. It really isn't all that important to me. I can still get to my air valve and if it had been noticeable to me or made a difference, I would have had it corrected. Thanks for pointing it out though. Next time I have to have my tire off for anything, I may say something just because I know now.

SpyderWolf
03-30-2010, 08:21 PM
I checked our local Walmart today and nada. :( It looks like I will have to travel to distant Walmarts in order to find this product, unless I get lucky when I stop by Advance Auto Parts next.

I am also thinking of using it on the exposed sections of frame on the Spyder. Does anyone see where that might cause any kind of problems? It sure would be nice to help keep the swing arm clean from all the road grime.

PCBeachBum
03-31-2010, 07:11 PM
I bought a can last weekend and the wind here finally died down, so I could go out and clean it. We are also experiencing a 2nd pollen season and I didn't want to wash it and clean the wheels, only to see them turn a greenish yellow within minutes.

I didn't spray it on the wheels and used one of those polishing pads, soaking it pretty well. I did get a little on the right front rotor and before I started, I had my bottle of rubbing alcohol near by. I put a some rubbing alcohol on a rag and got the ArmoreAll off the rotor.

Spyderwolf, I did put some on the swingarm and will let you know how it works out. I should know tomorrow if there is any paint damage. I kind of doubt that it will effect it and when I did my truck, I did put some on the lip behind the rear wheels just to see what would happen. Nothing happened and they are still clean. The front ones are muddy and the steprails are still clean. Normally those get muddy also. This stuff is Shirley slippery.:thumbup:

SPYDDER
03-31-2010, 07:48 PM
I found it at Canadian Tire in Ontario. $14.99 a can here. :yikes:

SpyderWolf
03-31-2010, 09:04 PM
I bought a can last weekend and the wind here finally died down, so I could go out and clean it. We are also experiencing a 2nd pollen season and I didn't want to wash it and clean the wheels, only to see them turn a greenish yellow within minutes.

I didn't spray it on the wheels and used one of those polishing pads, soaking it pretty well. I did get a little on the right front rotor and before I started, I had my bottle of rubbing alcohol near by. I put a some rubbing alcohol on a rag and got the ArmoreAll off the rotor.

Spyderwolf, I did put some on the swingarm and will let you know how it works out. I should know tomorrow if there is any paint damage. I kind of doubt that it will effect it and when I did my truck, I did put some on the lip behind the rear wheels just to see what would happen. Nothing happened and they are still clean. The front ones are muddy and the steprails are still clean. Normally those get muddy also. This stuff is Shirley slippery.:thumbup:

Thanks for experimenting on the different surfaces for us. Hopefully this stuff will work well and not cause any damage. I like that it is slicker than snot as well. ;)

Magic Man
03-31-2010, 09:14 PM
I did the wheels on Patti's Boxster and all along the rockers and behind the rear wheels too.

After the ride on Sat it is still looking great!

mm

PCBeachBum
04-01-2010, 06:21 AM
I did the wheels on Patti's Boxster and all along the rockers and behind the rear wheels too.

After the ride on Sat it is still looking great!

mm

mm,

Using the rockers and behind the wheels of a Boxster to experiment on, had to be a tough decision. But, the other thing I noticed is this Armorall didn't have that chemical smell, that would give an impression that it would do damage. It's more like a clear silicone for painted surfaces, that lasts a long time.

I was looking for the clearcoat to have bubbles in it but nothing, it was just smooth to touch.

Bum

Magic Man
04-01-2010, 08:02 AM
mm,

Using the rockers and behind the wheels of a Boxster to experiment on, had to be a tough decision. But, the other thing I noticed is this Armorall didn't have that chemical smell, that would give an impression that it would do damage. It's more like a clear silicone for painted surfaces, that lasts a long time.

I was looking for the clearcoat to have bubbles in it but nothing, it was just smooth to touch.

Bum

As they say go BIG or GO HOME! LOL :yikes::roflblack:

I looked into what it is made of and it is a tough silicone like film that dries clear and smooth. No problems so far, and I am going to do the rest of my bikes this weekend too. :thumbup:

MM

docdoru
04-01-2010, 08:11 AM
No, the spokes in the sprocket and the wheel spokes are suposed to line up, Yours are off 33 degrees.MM
:agree: she must have the bearings and/or hub replaced and the mechanic failed to proper mount/line up the hub. :doorag:

Firefly
04-01-2010, 09:12 AM

No need to worry about getting it on your brakes IMO -- one or 2 stops and the friction will remove any overspray that got on them. Did my car and it had NO affect on stopping.... unlike products like the CRC brake clean/no squeak stuff--- which does make it take longer to stop for awhile.

Firefly
04-01-2010, 09:13 AM
:agree: she must have the bearings and/or hub replaced and the mechanic failed to proper mount/line up the hub. :doorag:

Mine did it during a routine tire change... not sure if they did the bearings at that time or not.

ArmyJoe
04-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Could be-- can't remember from when mine was 'right'. I know my valve stem is currently a PITA to get to.

Yeah, I wish they put the rear stem on the right side.

PCBeachBum
04-01-2010, 06:22 PM
No need to worry about getting it on your brakes IMO -- one or 2 stops and the friction will remove any overspray that got on them. Did my car and it had NO affect on stopping.... unlike products like the CRC brake clean/no squeak stuff--- which does make it take longer to stop for awhile.

Thanks for the information but, around here we have a constant breeze of 5 to 10 mph off the Gulf of Mexico and spraying anything directly on can be hazardous to your health.

A few days ago I was out spraying the weeds and as usual the wind picked up. The poison blew back on my sneaks and pants and my feet and legs were burning. I'd rather kill everything than have to mow it during the hotter months. Most of the my place I had stoned but, the weeds still come up.

So I'll continue to use the pad to put this Armorall on, thanks again!:thumbup:

PCBeachBum
04-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks for experimenting on the different surfaces for us. Hopefully this stuff will work well and not cause any damage. I like that it is slicker than snot as well. ;)

SpyderWolf,

Go ahead and use it on painted surface. I found no damage and this stuff is a silicone base, with no chemicals in it.:thumbup:

I was out riding today and the swingarm is as clean as it was when I washed it as are the wheels. I did noticed I missed a spot on the back wheel between the sprocket and will get that the next time I wash it and add some more.

I better head to Walmart and get more cans of this stuff. I'm also going to use it on my rockers and may spray the wheel wells of the truck. I might even try a spot on my boat by the drains, that always leaves a black marks. Don't know how long it will stand up from salt water but first will just do a small spot to see how it works.

PCBeachBum
04-01-2010, 07:04 PM

I looked into what it is made of and it is a tough silicone like film that dries clear and smooth. No problems so far, and I am going to do the rest of my bikes this weekend too. :thumbup:

MM

Would you still have a Home! If it had turned out different? :D:roflblack:

Checking out the swingarm and other painted surfaces I did, like under the seat. I found no damage, just a smooth clean surface. I did miss a spot between the sprocket and the rear wheel :gaah: but, will get that the next time I wash it and add more. While out riding today, every place I put this Armor All, it's still as clean as it was when I washed it. :thumbup:

Magic Man
04-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Would you still have a Home! If it had turned out different? :D:roflblack:
:thumbup:

Yea she's good like that. She knows sometime the "D" in R&D stands for DESTRUCTION! :yikes: :roflblack:

It would just have been my problem to have gotten it fixed. :thumbup:

mm

SpyderWolf
04-01-2010, 07:42 PM
SpyderWolf,

Go ahead and use it on painted surface. I found no damage and this stuff is a silicone base, with no chemicals in it.:thumbup:

I was out riding today and the swingarm is as clean as it was when I washed it as are the wheels. I did noticed I missed a spot on the back wheel between the sprocket and will get that the next time I wash it and add some more.

I better head to Walmart and get more cans of this stuff. I'm also going to use it on my rockers and may spray the wheel wells of the truck. I might even try a spot on my boat by the drains, that always leaves a black marks. Don't know how long it will stand up from salt water but first will just do a small spot to see how it works.

Thanks! That is great to know. Now if I can just find a Walmart that carries it before all of you buy it all up. :D

Roaddog2
04-01-2010, 07:45 PM

MMHow bought a bottom of a Jet Ski just wondering :dontknow:

Magic Man
04-01-2010, 07:56 PM
How bought a bottom of a Jet Ski just wondering :dontknow:

Funny you should say that I'm going to do mine this weekend! :thumbup:

MM

Roaddog2
04-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Funny you should say that I'm going to do mine this weekend! :thumbup:

MMFigured you would that's why I asked.
I have a remote control boat and if I break it out this year will give it a try on the bottom this stuff is definitly space shuttle :cus:t.

PCBeachBum
04-02-2010, 03:55 AM
Thanks! That is great to know. Now if I can just find a Walmart that carries it before all of you buy it all up. :D

I went to Walmart Thursday night and got the last can on the shelf. :ohyea: I'm affraid this Super Walmart has been cleaned out and may have to go over to Panama City, to the Super Walmart there and see if they have some.

I was thinking about using this stuff on my guns, than thought about the honey test and the oil wouldn't stay on. I could see myself at the range with a rusted up 9 mm and .45 cal.:yikes: So ditched that idea.:D

PCBeachBum
04-02-2010, 04:05 AM
Yea she's good like that. She knows sometime the "D" in R&D stands for DESTRUCTION! :yikes: :roflblack:

It would just have been my problem to have gotten it fixed. :thumbup:

mm

It's good that you have one that is so understanding. :thumbup:

I wasn't so lucky and that's why she is still in CT, married to some other poor soul and I moved here to a target rich enviornment. :2thumbs: :roflblack:

Sarge707
04-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Walmart only had the Armor All Triple Action Wheel cleaner (4.97) and I sprayed it on and after a few minutes hosed it off and it was great and (Cheap) less expensive?:roflblack: The spray bottle will last 4-5 applications!!:D

Firefly
04-02-2010, 11:54 AM
I went to Walmart Thursday night and got the last can on the shelf. :ohyea: I'm affraid this Super Walmart has been cleaned out and may have to go over to Panama City, to the Super Walmart there and see if they have some.

I was thinking about using this stuff on my guns, than thought about the honey test and the oil wouldn't stay on. I could see myself at the range with a rusted up 9 mm and .45 cal.:yikes: So ditched that idea.:D

Advanced Auto and Autozone carry it. (Walmart is the devil).

NancysToy
04-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Our Autozone didn't carry it. Our Advance Auto was out until next week, but at least they have a shelf marker for it.

Magic Man
04-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Just sent the wife to Wal-Mart to get 4 more cans.

MM

WizardMaster
04-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Trying it on the Prowler and Prowler Trailer tonight. PITA keeping these wheels clean when you live on a crusher run road. Then off to the wife :spyder: and Mustang :thumbup:.

Just Doo Me
04-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Results may vary:dontknow: My rear wheel looks like it always does with dust and dirt sucked into it like a vacuum.I washed the bike dried it before applying ,let it dry overnight and did not see the results like mentioned.Does it need to be washed and reapplied again? I had the wheels jacked up and applied it liberally as mentioned.:chat:

Donk45
04-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Dont think it will work on my car wheels

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs474.snc3/25992_411233917577_531822577_5228747_2146386_n.jpg

Firefly
04-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Our Autozone didn't carry it. Our Advance Auto was out until next week, but at least they have a shelf marker for it.

I bought 1 can at Advanced Auto and then drove across the street and bought 2 more at Auto-Zone (both on Columbia). Auto-Zone had a display in the center isle with at least a dozen cans, along with other AA products.

SpyderWolf
04-02-2010, 08:35 PM

I am planning on hitting the small town Advanced Auto tomorrow.

Supposedly there is a brand new dealer that just opened in a little town that is only a 1/2 hour away. Someone we met a gas station on the way home from the beach this evening told us about it, so I am going to have to go hunt them down now. :)

dltang
04-02-2010, 08:41 PM
I have had my Wheel Protectant on for almost a week now. I am impressed, my wheels are still shiny clean. This is good stuff.

NancysToy
04-02-2010, 10:01 PM
I bought 1 can at Advanced Auto and then drove across the street and bought 2 more at Auto-Zone (both on Columbia). Auto-Zone had a display in the center isle with at least a dozen cans, along with other AA products.
That's why I missed it. Thanks. Advance Auto said they'd have more Wednesday, but Nancy has another surgery scheduled that day, so it may have to wait a while.

Firefly
04-02-2010, 10:13 PM
That's why I missed it. Thanks. Advance Auto said they'd have more Wednesday, but Nancy has another surgery scheduled that day, so it may have to wait a while.

It's not like I'm using all my cans at once---- let me know if you want to borrow one.... I did a car with them... can't do the Spyder until I wash her really good!

Was thinking about washing it today--- but had a surprise visit from Someguy and we ended up ryding to Hell and back instead..... all backroads... put a good 150 miles in.

Good luck with the surgery!

PCBeachBum
04-03-2010, 03:34 AM

I have two cans now and that should hold me til Walmart gets more in. I'm there a few times a week picking something up and will go check, when I'm in the store.

The price is right at Walmart and I'm glad I don't live in Canada, with a $14 to $15.00 a can. :yikes:

PCBeachBum
04-03-2010, 03:57 AM
Results may vary:dontknow: My rear wheel looks like it always does with dust and dirt sucked into it like a vacuum.I washed the bike dried it before applying ,let it dry overnight and did not see the results like mentioned.Does it need to be washed and reapplied again? I had the wheels jacked up and applied it liberally as mentioned.:chat:

Just Doo Me, What's the Temperature there? It's says to apply at above 65 degrees. If it gets colder at night, than that could be the reason it didn't work for you.

Magic Man
04-03-2010, 07:29 AM
Just Doo Me, What's the Temperature there? It's says to apply at above 65 degrees. If it gets colder at night, than that could be the reason it didn't work for you.

Wow I don't know why? :dontknow:

So far I have done both of Patti's cars, my Honda and the RT, all have worked very well.

I will tell you that because it does not set with "runs" in it and is "self leveling" I have coated all the wheels until it begins to run down the surfaces and then let it dry at least a couple of hours.

Took the RT out last night the back of the mbike is all dust and yet the wheels and swing arm look much better by far.

Sorry it's not working well for you? I don't really know why that would be ether?

mm

ataDude
04-03-2010, 10:34 AM
... but Nancy has another surgery scheduled that day, so it may have to wait a while.

Best wishes for Nancy!

Firefly
04-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Pep Boys has them for $6.50 a can.....

illuzion
07-05-2011, 08:51 PM
I just bought some of this and applied it to my rims. Is it me or are these spyder rims a bit tough to clean? Hopefully this product will reduce my workload. :2thumbs: I will find out tomorrow.

Hokiev
07-06-2011, 06:21 AM
See link for FREE product coupon.

http://www.armorall.com/wp

wyliec
07-06-2011, 06:48 AM
I just bought some of this and applied it to my rims. Is it me or are these spyder rims a bit tough to clean? Hopefully this product will reduce my workload. :2thumbs: I will find out tomorrow.

Only the rear one.

Dochands
07-06-2011, 09:28 AM
I use it to keep the brake dust at a minimum on my new aluminum wheels on my car. It is supposed to be safe for all wheels.

dltang
07-06-2011, 07:15 PM
I use it an it has really worked out well. It does a very good job.

SpyderWolf
07-08-2011, 04:50 PM
See link for FREE product coupon.

http://www.armorall.com/wp

Thanks for the coupon link! :2thumbs: