PDA

View Full Version : Day Runners!

Magic Man
03-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Introducing the New Street Magic® Genesis™ Series LED Day Runners™! :yes:

These Super Bright Street Magic® Genesis™ Series LED powered DRLs also add a remarkable amount of additional night time illumination, further increasing your overall safety. :agree:

The 24 Genesis™ Series Super Bright LEDs in each unit are combined with a tough black aluminum anodized housing for years of trouble free service and good looks. :ohyea:

Day Runners™ can also be combinded with the Street Magic® Spyder TIPS Kit and will then also function as additional front turn signals. Once again further increasing your chance to be Be Safe, Be Seen™ out there on the road. :2thumbs:

Day Runners™ come complete with everything needed for a Quick, Convenient, Safe and Secure™ installation requiring no tools whatsoever, and are available in ether Ice White or Autumn Amber.

When off, the sleek design and mounting location of Day Runners™ makes them almost disappear on your Spyder.

Day Runners™ unlike some other kits on the market have nothing sticking out of, or onto the painted surfaces of your Spyder to mess up it's good looks or damage it's paint.

So, add some real visibility and safety to your Spyder with Day Runners™and Be safe, Be Seen™ out there on the road. :2thumbs:

The MSRP for the Day Runners™ kit will be $99.95 and are made to fit SM5, SE5 ans RS models. 2010 RT model Day Runners™ are not available but will be out soon :clap:

Day Runners™ are now available for phone orders, and will be on the web site over the next few days. :thumbup:

MM

PS: Photo of Spyder with Day Runners™ in off position to show how they blend right in, Photo #2 is of Day Runners™ while on.

Amanda B
03-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Very sweet! Another to put on the list....do you give a discount for bulk orders:roflblack:

Lamonster
03-15-2010, 04:29 PM
I like :2thumbs:

Sarge707
03-15-2010, 04:31 PM
So these are different than the "Spy Photo Light?":yikes:

fastfraser
03-15-2010, 04:33 PM
:2thumbs: Nice job MagicMan !

Magic Man
03-15-2010, 04:48 PM
So these are different than the "Spy Photo Light?":yikes:

Yes these are a different product.

They are another Brand New Street Magic Product fjust released for your Spyder. :ohyea:

The product from Friday's spy photos will be coming out a bit later this spring. :popcorn:

As I said before, there will be a whole bunch of New Street Magic Spyder Products that will be coming out over the next few days, weeks and months. :clap:

So stay tuned here to Spyderlovers, because it's going to get real interesting, real fast at Street Magic this spring. :yes:

MM

Donk45
03-15-2010, 04:51 PM
looks good

ataDude
03-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Yes these are a different product...

MM

Still waiting for T-Bird accessories.

http://hurleysashimi.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/crying-baby-party-56800676.jpg

Magic Man
03-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Still waiting for T-Bird accessories.

http://hurleysashimi.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/crying-baby-party-56800676.jpg

The making T-Bird stuff is not really that hard, but does require us to have our hands on one for awhile to do it. :dontknow:

Being I don't own one, what's say you drop your's off here in NY for a few months we'll see what can be done. :D :roflblack:

Outside of that....

No Soup For You!

MM

Firefly
03-15-2010, 05:05 PM
:thumbup: Cool Stuff !

SpyderWolf
03-15-2010, 05:10 PM
:dontknow: Decisions, decisions. :dontknow:

Too many cool new gizmos and gadgets, and so little time. ;)

ataDude
03-15-2010, 05:12 PM
The making T-Bird stuff is not really that hard, but does require us to have our hands on one for awhile to do it. :dontknow:

Being I don't own one, what's say you drop your's off here in NY for a few months we'll see what can be done. :D :roflblack:

Outside of that....

No Soup For You!

MM

Well, then. I guess I'll not have soup for a while. :D

Magic Man
03-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Well, then. I guess I'll not have soup for a while. :D

...here and I thought I was goning to have a new ride for this spring! :D

MM

TMehaffey
03-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Very Nice!:2thumbs:

ataDude
03-15-2010, 07:38 PM
...here and I thought I was goning to have a new ride for this spring! :D

MM

Probably not... I don't want to have to upgrade the suspension to extra-heavy-duty http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:hj9FQqaPHVx5rM:http://vacations.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/sticking-out-tongue.jpg

Magic Man
03-15-2010, 08:11 PM
Probably not... I don't want to have to upgrade the suspension to extra-heavy-duty http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:hj9FQqaPHVx5rM:http://vacations.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/sticking-out-tongue.jpg

Well if it came with MAN sized shocks rather than being for little boys you'd not have to do anything to it. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::joke:

MM

ataDude
03-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Well if it came with MAN sized shocks rather than being for little boys you'd not have to do anything to it....
MM

OK, I give, I give. U_N_C_L_E ! :yikes: :D

Magic Man
03-15-2010, 09:42 PM
OK, I give, I give. U_N_C_L_E ! :yikes: :D

If you really are ever up this way, I can make some stuff for it, just need to see it first hand to do it. :thumbup:

MM

Smylinacha
03-15-2010, 09:50 PM
I like those - very cool looking!:2thumbs:

r1eater
03-15-2010, 10:41 PM
wow those are nice!

musicarcade
03-16-2010, 12:22 AM
THOSE ARE SO COOL....:firstplace:

WizardMaster
03-16-2010, 07:02 AM
You do, however, have access to a RoadGlide.......Some nice DayRunners might look pretty good on the front forks or calipers, too...........:thumbup:

Could do one for the fairing but that means tearing my SE apart:yikes:. I like the idea of tearing into yours instead:roflblack:. We'll see if we can tear away for designing cool Spyder stuff and work on a HD for a day:2thumbs:.

Allmag
03-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Is there any pics of these on a RT?:2thumbs:

Magic Man
03-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Is there any pics of these on a RT?:2thumbs:

Not yet for the RT as we stated in the first post, but soon. :thumbup:

"The MSRP for the Day Runners™ kit will be $99.95 and are made to fit SM5, SE5 ans RS models. 2010 RT model Day Runners™ are not available but will be out soon"

MM

LittleJohn
03-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Those are great! Do they operate all the time, or switched? What system (ie feder lights, headlights, etc. ) are they tied into?
Thanks, I like those even better than the spy photos of the fog lights your workin on!

Introducing the New Street Magic® Genesis™ Series LED Day Runners™! :yes:

These Super Bright Street Magic® Genesis™ Series LED powered DRLs also add a remarkable amount of additional night time illumination, further increasing your overall safety. :agree:

The 24 Genesis™ Series Super Bright LEDs in each unit are combined with a tough black aluminum anodized housing for years of trouble free service and good looks. :ohyea:

Day Runners™ can also be combinded with the Street Magic® Spyder TIPS Kit and will then also function as additional front turn signals. Once again further increasing your chance to be Be Safe, Be Seen™ out there on the road. :2thumbs:

Day Runners™ come complete with everything needed for a Quick, Convenient, Safe and Secure™ installation requiring no tools whatsoever, and are available in ether Ice White or Autumn Amber.

When off, the sleek design and mounting location of Day Runners™ makes them almost disappear on your Spyder.

Day Runners™ unlike some other kits on the market have nothing sticking out of, or onto the painted surfaces of your Spyder to mess up it's good looks or damage it's paint.

So, add some real visibility and safety to your Spyder with Day Runners™and Be safe, Be Seen™ out there on the road. :2thumbs:

The MSRP for the Day Runners™ kit will be $99.95 and are made to fit SM5, SE5 ans RS models. 2010 RT model Day Runners™ are not available but will be out soon :clap:

Day Runners™ are now available for phone orders, and will be on the web site over the next few days. :thumbup:

MM

PS: Photo of Spyder with Day Runners™ in off position to show how they blend right in, Photo #2 is of Day Runners™ while on.

mxz600
03-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Thank you MM, you came out with these just in time. The last few days I have been looking at different lights to mount low on the front of my Spyder. Different questions like mounting and electrical hookup plus the look of the light and how it might look on the Spyder kept me from purchasing. I think you just gave me my answer.

Lamonster
03-17-2010, 07:06 PM
I got mine installed today but didn't get a chance to ride with them because my battery was dead but I must say they look pretty killer. They are really bright but being low like that I don't think I'll have a problem with oncoming traffic. They will see me for sure. :2thumbs:

One thing I really like about them his you would never know they were there when you're parked with your lights off. I've see some that stickout like a sore thumb when they're not lit. They are pretty darn cool Bro. :doorag:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=8400

wyliec
03-17-2010, 07:56 PM
I got mine installed today but didn't get a chance to ride with them because my battery was dead but I must say they look pretty killer. They are really bright but being low like that I don't think I'll have a problem with oncoming traffic. They will see me for sure. :2thumbs:

One thing I really like about them his you would never know they were there when you're parked with your lights off. I've see some that stickout like a sore thumb when they're not lit. They are pretty darn cool Bro. :doorag:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=8400

Do you have the TIPS so the Day Runners are also turn signals?

By the way, it looks good. I should be getting my day runners and TIPS tomorrow.

Lamonster
03-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Do you have the TIPS so the Day Runners are also turn signals?

By the way, it looks good. I should be getting my day runners and TIPS tomorrow.
I do not at the moment so mine are not turn signals. They are bright little sucks. :yikes:nojoke

SpyderWolf
03-17-2010, 08:59 PM
Those look great Lamont. :2thumbs:

My current dilemma is whether to get just these for my wife's Spyder, or these along with the new LED fog lights. I will be anxiously awaiting a spy photo of both of them in use together. :pray:

I already have the BRP fog lights on mine, so I will most likely go with these. It would be really cool if I could get them in neon yellow though. :D

burg650
03-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Do these new lights come with a switch so we can turn them on/off as we like.

bone crusher
03-18-2010, 08:20 PM
No, but, if you have the fender tipz you CAN make them turn signals as well...spoke with Evan today and got this great info!

I'm gonna get some...but have other ESI items lined up first...however, I might just break my sequence as these seem super easy to install, even for a dude like me...and I'm one of those 'the more lights, the better' kinda guy!

M2Wild
03-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Can they be used as side marker lights? I always worry about someone not seeing me at night from the side. Got 8 lights (2 head, 2 fog, 2 tipZ, 2 sig) in the front and 6 (2 mud, 2 break, 2 sig) lights in the back but none facing the side except two little reflectors. A long fiber optic trim following the contour on the side like you seen on BMW head lights should would look cool.

Magic Man
03-19-2010, 02:33 PM
but none facing the side except two little reflectors.

Soon all that will change. Stay tuned! :D

MM

LDFIREWORKS
03-19-2010, 03:23 PM
i want them ,iwant them ,iwant them,:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: i want them

Magic Man
03-19-2010, 03:35 PM
i want them ,iwant them ,iwant them,:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: i want them

Well open up that "moth vault" you call a wallet, and order some. :roflblack::roflblack: :roflblack:

MM

LDFIREWORKS
03-20-2010, 08:56 PM
bring me a pair NOW :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Magic Man
03-21-2010, 06:45 AM
bring me a pair NOW :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Will do buddy! :2thumbs:

Just as soon as the round trip first class airline tickets you are sending me get here. :shocked: :roflblack:

MM

M2Wild
03-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Soon all that will change. Stay tuned! :D

MM

OH YES BABY!!!!!! Bring it on buddy. Glad I asked the question because I hate to jerry rig sum half azzed stuff when someone is gonna put out a custom fit version fer it. SWEET !!!!!:ohyea:

Magic Man
03-23-2010, 07:43 AM
OH YES BABY!!!!!! Bring it on buddy. Glad I asked the question because I hate to jerry rig sum half azzed stuff when someone is gonna put out a custom fit version fer it. SWEET !!!!!:ohyea:

This season's list of new Spyder items will blow your socks off, so stay tuned! :ohyea::yes:

MM

M2Wild
03-23-2010, 03:09 PM
This season's list of new Spyder items will blow your socks off, so stay tuned! :ohyea::yes:

MM

Well, hurry up and get movin!!! Last thing I want is to get T-boned by sum cage driver like you see in Lamont's u-Tube vid because he didn't see them nice bright ESI ultra-bright LED side marker lights.:D

Sarge707
03-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Can they be used as side marker lights? I always worry about someone not seeing me at night from the side. Got 8 lights (2 head, 2 fog, 2 tipZ, 2 sig) in the front and 6 (2 mud, 2 break, 2 sig) lights in the back but none facing the side except two little reflectors. A long fiber optic trim following the contour on the side like you seen on BMW head lights should would look cool.
The LCD Center Light CAN be seen from the sides in the rear.
I nice feature Scotty pointed out to me before I plunked down the
$120 :yikes:

M2Wild
03-24-2010, 06:57 AM
The LCD Center Light CAN be seen from the sides in the rear.
I nice feature Scotty pointed out to me before I plunked down the
$120 :yikes:
I considered that. Both the break and the signal lights can also be partically seen from the side as well as the the mud flap LEDs and maybe even partical fog. But I really want some lighted side markers to be fully visible at night.

patches
03-24-2010, 12:51 PM
NM, the sesion is here, where are the new products..lol.

Anyway, so have a question. I have LEDs which point down "because they are blue" in the same type location these guys belong. I don't think there is a conflict and have not seen them in person..but, thoughts.
What if I put them in front of the trunk, either along the bottom black piece or towards the top of the black piece before you get to the trunk. Would they stick out to much and be too noticable. Might have to take a drive to CD to find out. To bad I am working, it is really nice out for a ride.
Sorry, used your pic..and no I am no artist.

Magic Man
03-24-2010, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=patches;191211] What if I put them in front of the trunk, either along the bottom black piece or towards the top of the black piece before you get to the trunk.

The housing is aluminum and straight AND both of these surfaces you marked have curves, and then there is the wire that needs to hidden and run?

Would they stick out to much and be too noticable.

That's not something I can decide for you. If you like them there than that's all that really matters.

But IMHO, YES THEY WOULD STICK OUT TOO MUCH AND LOOK LIKE A$S. They'd be as bad as some of the other lights out there that want you to stick them all over your painted surfaces. Also, to even try to hide the wires in ether of these two locations you'd be drilling holes in your body to run them through, or having wires run out in the open. :yikes:

MM

patches
03-24-2010, 01:05 PM
Roger that. Thanks

Magic Man
03-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Roger that. Thanks

When you go see Dave he can show you them. :thumbup:

Ev

moroccomole2004
03-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Just received my day runners yesterday from Custom Dynamics and had time after dinner last night to install them. They rock! Love the look and light they provide. Truly are concealed and you would never know they were there if they were not on. I ran the wires down the lower control arm to the center frame and then ran them up to the bottom of the lower control arm and then to the connectors. Have to place a few more zip ties to ensure wires are out of the way, but all in all easy to install. I also places 2x zip ties on each light bar to secure them to the lower control arm. I just wanted to do this for Murphy sake. Great product MM!

Mole :spyder2:

Magic Man
03-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Just received my day runners yesterday from Custom Dynamics and had time after dinner last night to install them. They rock! Love the look and light they provide. Truly are concealed and you would never know they were there if they were not on. I ran the wires down the lower control arm to the center frame and then ran them up to the bottom of the lower control arm and then to the connectors. Have to place a few more zip ties to ensure wires are out of the way, but all in all easy to install. I also places 2x zip ties on each light bar to secure them to the lower control arm. I just wanted to do this for Murphy sake. Great product MM!

Mole :spyder2:

Thanks so much for the great review! :bowdown:

I am so glad you like them! :2thumbs:

I always try to design itmes that are user friendly to install, and do not look like an after thought once on the bike. :thumbup:

MM

Amanda B
03-26-2010, 04:46 PM
If people don't notice these, they aren't looking! These were an easy install. I needed no tools and had to remove no panels. If you turn the wheels it is pretty simple to get right in there to install them. Since I have the fender tip lights they also work as turn signals. Very easy install, and great instructions. Products like this make working on the bike fun, because it is such a simple and quick install. They look great and are low profile, which is what I look for on my spyder, plus more lights will make the bike more noticeable. Another great product from MM!

Magic Man
03-26-2010, 05:40 PM
If people don't notice these, they aren't looking! These were an easy install. I needed no tools and had to remove no panels. If you turn the wheels it is pretty simple to get right in there to install them. Since I have the fender tip lights they also work as turn signals. Very easy install, and great instructions. Products like this make working on the bike fun, because it is such a simple and quick install. They look great and are low profile, which is what I look for on my spyder, plus more lights will make the bike more noticeable. Another great product from MM!

Looking good! :2thumbs:

MM

superfly3
03-26-2010, 07:00 PM
:clap:these look awesome:firstplace:,I will have to put them on my list and get some.

GaryTheBadger
03-27-2010, 06:30 AM
AmandaB,
I have to ask, are your wheels aligned? In the photo you posted, which appears to have been taken from exactly front-center of your Spyder, one wheel is pointed straight, but the other is turned.

BeRight
03-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Anyone have pictures with amber colored lights?

I am debating which color to purchase. With fog lights and headlights I think that I have enough white light in the front - I have amber tip lights and these lights in amber might look sweeeet in combo with the tips.

Amanda B
03-27-2010, 07:30 PM
AmandaB,
I have to ask, are your wheels aligned? In the photo you posted, which appears to have been taken from exactly front-center of your Spyder, one wheel is pointed straight, but the other is turned.

They are actually both turned, I was not in the center when I took that picture, I was closer to the tire on the right of the picture. I had to go out and check that myself after I posted and double check. From the angle I was at it looked like one was turned and the other wasn't, but from other angles they both were obviously turned. I know...looks weird, optical illusion. I debated about taking a different picture and posting, but I was too lazy!

ON the bright side the day runners were a hit at the bike show. That was one of the first things that people commented on when I pulled up.

ataDude
03-27-2010, 08:08 PM
They are actually both turned, I was not in the center when I took that picture, I was closer to the tire on the right of the picture. I had to go out and check that myself after I posted and double check. From the angle I was at it looked like one was turned and the other wasn't, but from other angles they both were obviously turned. I know...looks weird, optical illusion. I debated about taking a different picture and posting, but I was too lazy!

ON the bright side the day runners were a hit at the bike show. That was one of the first things that people commented on when I pulled up.

Wide-angle lens.

RTGENE
03-27-2010, 08:27 PM
We all worry about the cars around us ---are they paying attention? do they see me? Have I done everything possible to be visible. I put brighter LED lights on the back and the sides I always have my high beams on.
As soon as I saw what Day Runners were I ordered---put them on an hour after they arrivied.
So I am up to par on doing everything possible to be seen.
Thank You
smilingene

Magic Man
03-29-2010, 07:29 AM
We all worry about the cars around us ---are they paying attention? do they see me? Have I done everything possible to be visible. I put brighter LED lights on the back and the sides I always have my high beams on.
As soon as I saw what Day Runners were I ordered---put them on an hour after they arrivied.
So I am up to par on doing everything possible to be seen.
Thank You
smilingene

If these help to keep even one person from getting hit then they were worth brining out. :2thumbs:

As a fellow rider, I too have almost been hit countless times by a driver who obviously was not looking for something as "small as a motorcycle" so "they didn't see me." :gaah:

The brightneess of the Day Runners as well as their Ice White color stand out so much from the background that drivers can't help but notice something is coming. Even a glance out of the corner of a person's eye picks up the piercing color and brightness, which then demands a closer re-look. :shocked:

I am very glad you like them! I hope they add to your enjoyment, safety, and piece of mind, while riding your spyder. :thumbup:

MM

GaryTheBadger
03-29-2010, 08:27 AM
My boss has granted permission to spend the $ to improve the lighting on my 2008 SE5. She says its invisible from the front during the day.

Which would make the Syper more visible to other vehicles...HID headlights, DayRunners or something else? (I want to leave the fog light holes open for air flow)

WizardMaster
03-29-2010, 09:51 AM
My boss has granted permission to spend the $ to improve the lighting on my 2008 SE5. She says its invisible from the front during the day.

Which would make the Syper more visible to other vehicles...HID headlights, DayRunners or something else? (I want to leave the fog light holes open for air flow)

How about both HID's and Dayrunners!!!!:2thumbs:

Amanda B
03-29-2010, 02:41 PM
When I pulled up to the bike show, the first thing people were asking about on the bike were the Day runners! That is what they noticed most and they commented on how bright they were so has everyone that has seen them.

SpyderWolf
03-29-2010, 07:47 PM
How bright are the amber ones compared to the white ones?

I would still be interested in a one off for millenium yellow ones though. :thumbup:

Magic Man
03-29-2010, 08:15 PM

I would still be interested in a one off for millenium yellow ones though. :thumbup:

The Autumn Amber ones are very, very bright as well. :2thumbs:

However, it is the Ice White wave length of light that makes these white units really POP!

This white is so outside the everyday "normal" light wave length people see everwhere they look, that you just can't help but notice them. :thumbup:

MM

jeuchler
03-29-2010, 08:15 PM

Same question on my mind, SpyderWolf!

Hey, Ev--can you throw a pic of a Spyder with the amber Day Runners here or on the ESI website?

(Trying to decide between the two myself... :dontknow:)

SpyderWolf
03-29-2010, 09:23 PM
The Autumn Amber ones are very, very bright as well. :2thumbs:

However, it is the Ice White wave length of light that makes these white units really POP!

This white is so outside the everyday "normal" light wave length people see everwhere they look, that you just can't help but notice them. :thumbup:

MM

It sounds like this means the yellow is a no go then. :roflblack:

Do you have any spy photos of these working together with the new fogs?

Magic Man
03-30-2010, 05:22 AM
It sounds like this means the yellow is a no go then. :roflblack:

Do you have any spy photos of these working together with the new fogs?

We do, but none that we can release. :shocked:

That's because they're in the new Yellow color. :roflblack:

MM

SpyderWolf
03-30-2010, 08:09 PM
We do, but none that we can release. :shocked:

That's because they're in the new Yellow color. :roflblack:

MM

:roflblack: Of course they are! :roflblack:

You have met me and my Spyder, and already know I cannot help but like to be different. ;) However, I must admit the billet pegs and pedal covers are working out very well. :thumbup:

jeuchler
04-01-2010, 10:23 PM
1. OK, so here is the required photo of the white DayRunners in a dark garage, front view:

http://www.6impossible.com/spyder/DayrunnersFront.jpg

...but I am curious--it seems like I will get a little bit of extra visibility from the side as well. I wonder what it looks like with the wheels spinning:

http://www.6impossible.com/spyder/DayrunnersSide.jpg

2. Electricity and I don't mix. Usually household or automotive wiring jobs end in bzzzt--pop---kaBOOM.

This "install" was cake.

I was even so lazy as to not jack up the Spyder.

Highly recommended. Thanks, Ev, thanks Jody.:thumbup:

Of course it's now almost midnight and everyone else is asleep AND the garage is under the house AND the Micron probably needs some new packing SO...test drive waits 'til tomorrow.

SpyderWolf
04-01-2010, 10:41 PM
I submitted my order for a set of white ones for my wife's Spyder.

I am going to keep holding out a little longer for the yellow ones for mine. :D

jeuchler
04-01-2010, 10:47 PM
I submitted my order for a set of white ones for my wife's Spyder.

I am going to keep holding out a little longer for the yellow ones for mine. :D

SpyderWolf--

...You don't wanna try the amber ones for your Spyder?? :dontknow:

SpyderWolf
04-01-2010, 10:58 PM
SpyderWolf--

...You don't wanna try the amber ones for your Spyder?? :dontknow:

No, I would like to get a set that more closely matches the base color of my Spyder. Plus, it is a lot more fun to keep giving Evan a hard time. :thumbup:

In the end I will most likely lose the battle and have to settle for one of the current color offerings; however, I have been known to be very patient at times.

Magic Man
04-02-2010, 04:47 AM
No, I would like to get a set that more closely matches the base color of my Spyder. Plus, it is a lot more fun to keep giving Evan a hard time. :thumbup:

In the end I will most likely lose the battle and have to settle for one of the current color offerings; however, I have been known to be very patient at times.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

MM

WizardMaster
04-02-2010, 06:17 AM
Plus, it is a lot more fun to keep giving Evan a hard time. :thumbup:.

Sorry buddy, but that's my job and you can't have it:lecturef_smilie:. It's way too much fun to give that job up:roflblack:

Magic Man
04-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Sorry buddy, but that's my job and you can't have it:lecturef_smilie:. It's way too much fun to give that job up:roflblack:

Can you just feel the love. :roflblack:

MM

LittleJohn
04-02-2010, 07:21 AM
Evan, Im interested in seeing the yellow / amber ones as well whenever you get pictures that you can release or put on your site.

Thanks

SpyderWolf
04-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Can you just feel the love. :roflblack:

MM

Yes I can! :roflblack:

ICE
04-09-2010, 08:20 PM
which way do the lights face, straight forward?.. downward?

thanks (way to may senor moments lately}

wyliec
04-09-2010, 09:59 PM
which way do the lights face, straight forward?.. downward?

thanks (way to may senor moments lately}

They face forward. The sticky part faces up against the arm.

dave01
04-13-2010, 04:21 PM
25 minutes from start to finish for the install. Great directions and the zip-tie "crutch" really made it easy. Plus, they are great turn signals. Forgot that they would function like that too. Thanks again for such high quality products....
Looks kinda alien with the turn signals, fender tips and now the dayrunners flashing..LOL

cyclekid58
07-01-2015, 11:18 AM
They face forward. The sticky part faces up against the arm.

Is the upper or lower A arm better for mounting or does it make any difference?

ARtraveler
07-01-2015, 11:56 AM
An update: I had the dayrunners on my 2010 RT with no issues.

Put another set on my new 2014 RT and the heat from the left radiator melted part of the led strip and caused the glue to melt so that the day runner actually fell off.

I replaced the front lighting with a LED bumpskid. I like that set up better.

My 2014 was not overheating in any way. It always runs at 4 bars on the temperature guage.

Marker
07-01-2015, 11:57 AM
Is the upper or lower A arm better for mounting or does it make any difference?

I bought RIGID INDUSTRIES LED lights and mounted them on top of the A-arma you have to be careful that you mount the lights so that they do not hit the side of the spyder when you turn the wheels all the way to the left or all the way to the right.
I just carefully drilled a hole through the plastic A-arm covers and used fender washers and lock nuts to mount the lights. The lights are sturdy and do not move.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110731&stc=1

wyliec
07-01-2015, 12:03 PM

Put another set on my new 2014 RT and the heat from the left radiator melted part of the led strip and caused the glue to melt so that the day runner actually fell off.

My 2014 was not overheating in any way. It always runs at 4 bars on the temperature guage.

I'm really not familiar with any RT's; but, is the upper A arm closer to the radiator, and is that where it was mounted? I have a 2008GS, and I have them on the lower A arm where I believe on coming traffic has a better view; I'd double check that, if I weren't so lazy to go down to the garage.

Yes, I know the thread is 5 years old; but, I think the OP probably did a search, which is a good thing.

mxz600
07-01-2015, 12:21 PM
I'm really not familiar with any RT's; but, is the upper A arm closer to the radiator, and is that where it was mounted? I have a 2008GS, and I have them on the lower A arm where I believe on coming traffic has a better view; I'd double check that, if I weren't so lazy to go down to the garage.

Yes, I know the thread is 5 years old; but, I think the OP probably did a search, which is a good thing.

You are correct wyliec, old threads are a good thing.

I also agree the bottom A-arm is the best location. The only negative mounting them there just happened to me. When I took my Spyder to the dealer to get my front tires replaced they jacked the Spyder up to remove the wheels using the A-arms. Needless to say they crushed my dayrunners on both sides, real nice. Not sure you should be lifting the Spyder with the jack under the A-arm? It probably does no harm (except for breaking my lights) but I don't know that for sure.

ARtraveler
07-01-2015, 12:25 PM

My day runners were installed across the front of the bottom A-frame bars on both the 2010 and 2014. Heat issues only with the 2014. They did look nice.

cyclekid58
07-01-2015, 12:36 PM

Were yours on the upper or lower A arm?

ARtraveler
07-01-2015, 12:45 PM
Were yours on the upper or lower A arm?

Both sets installed on the lower A arm.