PDA

View Full Version : auxiliary fuse panel

manoman14
03-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Anyone know which wire to tap into to switch the relay for an auxiliary fuse panel?

NancysToy
03-14-2010, 05:45 PM
It isn't as easy as the RS, which has a 'switched accessory" circuit. I'd recommend using a diode, and tapping into any circuit that runs through the load-shedding relay. From there it depends a lot on where you put the fusebox and what wires are closest. I'll know more this week when my aux fuse block arrives.

ThreeWheels
03-14-2010, 09:51 PM
I just put in an auxiliary panel this weekend.
I triggered the relay off one of the LED lights in front. I tapped into a red wire in a two wire connector. Before I tapped into the wire, I was able to break open a connector and confirmed that I had a wire that was hot, instead of ground, and it was switched.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you make out.

I installed mine in the front trunk exactly as ataDdue did.

manoman14
03-15-2010, 07:09 PM
I ended up using the line feeding the rear heated grips. Figured they will rarely be used, so less chance for troubles, I hope. It is the light green wire with the gray stripe. The harness is easily accessable under the battery cover. Mounted my Autocom under the cover by the battery which seems to work out well. There was plenty of room there. I mounted the fuse panel under the cover by the front trunk on the left side opposite the radiator bottle and BUDS hook-up. I will have to try to do some waterproofing, but it is very easy to get to in this location. Shouldn't be too hard to keep water out.