PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Plug Color Code/Plug for RT

zackybilly1
03-10-2010, 02:56 PM
If you should happen to need to know, this is the plug info on the new CanAm trailer plug. I disected one this weekend. Rigging up to pull it behind a RS and a Goldwing.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Zackybilly1/CanAmTrailerPlug.jpg

I made this schematic to keep in my trailer and thought I would post a copy just in case someone needed it. Individual brake lights wired on separate leads. Label under front of trailer on harness indicates "back-up lights"....not that I could find.

Thanks,

Z

ArmyJoe
03-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Where are you going to mount the connector on the Spyder?

Lamonster
03-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Good info, thanks :thumbup:

MarkLawson
03-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Thanks! This will make things much easier when I finally get my trailer & build a harness to pull behind my Goldwing.

tea6638
03-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Good Job, Thanks:2thumbs:

wa3wheels
06-17-2010, 01:24 PM
:helpsmilie:
My dealer installed trailer hitch and RT harness.. Question is. Why is the brown wire marker lites a constant hot, even when key is off?
Dealer said they installed as per instructions. :hun:

NancysToy
06-17-2010, 05:35 PM
:helpsmilie:
My dealer installed trailer hitch and RT harness.. Question is. Why is the brown wire marker lites a constant hot, even when key is off?
Dealer said they installed as per instructions. :hun:
If the brown (position 2) is hot all the time your running (and clearance) lights will remain on constantly, and run down the battery. If that is the case, and the Spyder lights are off, you probably have a bad trailer module, and it will need to be replaced. Be aware that there is a delay before the lights go out on the RT, after you turn off the key. Make sure you give it a few seconds.

wa3wheels
06-19-2010, 01:22 AM
Thanks for the come back .... Scotty :thumbup:

Tin Man
10-18-2012, 02:59 PM
You can always count on Scotty to answer a lot of these tech questions. Thank you Scotty for all your knowledge.:bowdown:

SteveandBelinda
06-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Does this pertain to all years of the 622?

If you should happen to need to know, this is the plug info on the new CanAm trailer plug. I disected one this weekend. Rigging up to pull it behind a RS and a Goldwing.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Zackybilly1/CanAmTrailerPlug.jpg

I made this schematic to keep in my trailer and thought I would post a copy just in case someone needed it. Individual brake lights wired on separate leads. Label under front of trailer on harness indicates "back-up lights"....not that I could find.

Thanks,

Z

trikermutha
06-08-2017, 10:15 AM
What do you mean new trailer plug?

shroth
07-17-2017, 08:42 PM
Since you obviously know the trailer wiring well.............trying to tow my RT-622 with my wife's car. It's a 2012 that has the new CanAm harness for my 2016 F3-T & works perfectly on that. I don't believe this trailer has the ground wire update kit.......can't find a part number either.

All kinds of weird stuff.....left turn signal fine, right signal blinks both! Finally got marker/tail lights...but the left turn looks light brakes are on. About 6 hours on this today....time to go to a trailer pro?? Really want this for vacation.....

If the brown (position 2) is hot all the time your running (and clearance) lights will remain on constantly, and run down the battery. If that is the case, and the Spyder lights are off, you probably have a bad trailer module, and it will need to be replaced. Be aware that there is a delay before the lights go out on the RT, after you turn off the key. Make sure you give it a few seconds.

IdahoMtnSpyder
07-17-2017, 10:08 PM
Hey guys, this thread is seven years old. The bike and 622 trailer wiring scheme and connectors have changed three times since. Unless you have an early version of the 622 trailer that hasn't had the tongue harness changed, you don't need to be concerned about the info in this thread.

trikermutha
07-18-2017, 12:00 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Can-Am-SPYDER-ROADSTER-TRAILER-ELEC-UPD-KIT-Ground-Harness-Trailer-219400537-/201707056652?hash=item2ef6ad6e0c:g:PrYAAOSwcdBWR5F Y&vxp=mtr

refer to page 28 of the 622 manual it tells you the pinouts for the trailer harness