PDA

View Full Version : My new XM addition to the RT-S

Sopher
03-09-2010, 11:10 PM
I own a Pioneer XMP3 XM handheld receiver.
Check it out here: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/Portable+Audio/Satellite+Radio/Pioneer+XMP3+$80+Rebate+&+Free+Car+Kit

(if you want a $77 deal for XM, search for XM on Fatwallet.com)

I take my XMP3 plug it into the mp3 cable and audio jack in the rear trunk. I plug in the 12v car adapter into the power plug. The XM magnetic antenea sticks to the metal bolt inside the trunk.

On the dash, I can hear the AUX audio perfectly. I can even use my XM remote the change any channel.

And yes my iphone works well with thr RT-S too.

Lamonster
03-10-2010, 07:52 AM
Don't you love it. :2thumbs: There are places that XM will drop out or have a song I don't want to hear so them I switch it to my iphones ipod and listen to it instead. I love that.:doorag:

Sopher
03-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Whats GREAT about this Pioneer XMP3 is that is has a buffer. PLUS it will record i think up to 5 different channels AT ONCE!. Stores in the microSD card in the slot. So for places that have NO signal, I can still listen to what I recorded.
Or plug in the iphone for the ipod tunes. Now we just need to get Ipod video to display on the center cluster... (Yea i know... dont go there...)

3Ryder
04-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Riding a 2010 RT-SE5. I have the Scala TeamRider Set for our two helmets so the Bluetooth is paired with my phone and my Garmin 660. Do anyone happen to know if 1) any of the portable XM receivers have Bluetooth capability, or 2) there is an audio out plug in the portable XM receiver? There is a cable with the Scala that can be used to link an MP3 player directly to the headset and I'm wondering if I could feed the XM audio this way.

Bluetooth would allow me to pair with the Garmin unit to which I'm already paired with to my headset. Solution two would be almost as good.:dontknow:

Sopher
04-27-2010, 09:51 PM
No bluetooth. You would need stereo bluetooth anyway.
BUT it does have the standard 1'8" stereo out jack; headphones etc. The output is not that strong, but good enough on the RT-S.

docdoru
04-28-2010, 04:56 AM
Riding a 2010 RT-SE5. I have the Scala TeamRider Set for our two helmets so the Bluetooth is paired with my phone and my Garmin 660. Do anyone happen to know if 1) any of the portable XM receivers have Bluetooth capability, or 2) there is an audio out plug in the portable XM receiver? There is a cable with the Scala that can be used to link an MP3 player directly to the headset and I'm wondering if I could feed the XM audio this way.

Bluetooth would allow me to pair with the Garmin unit to which I'm already paired with to my headset. Solution two would be almost as good.:dontknow:
http://motorcyclegear.outdoorgearhouse.com/product/1/7931/Icombi-Ag12-Bluetooth-Adapter.html :doorag:

3Ryder
05-05-2010, 10:42 AM
No bluetooth. You would need stereo bluetooth anyway.
BUT it does have the standard 1'8" stereo out jack; headphones etc. The output is not that strong, but good enough on the RT-S.

I've order the XMP3i portable radio and will hook up in the rear as you have done. Even though it won't be stereo, I'm going to use a Bluetooth dongle to connect to my Garmin 660, which in turn is paired with my Scale Rider Team Set. Will let you know how it works.

Your setup leads me to understand that the antenna is not line of site, which I didn't realize. That's good news, as I previously thought I would have to have an externally mounted antenna.

Cheers!