PDA

View Full Version : Audio Question for those with Audio System

lawrenc454
03-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Anyone experience this. We have the RT-PE with radio, XM and the harness for CB/Intercom (no CB/intercom yet). The harness comes with the passenger headset which does not work and I presume needs the CB/Intercom to work.
1.Driver radio volume control goes from zero volume to about 3/8 and no in between.
2. Passenger station control works but the passenger audio volume doesn't.
3. Unless you have the XM set to pre-sets whenever you hit the button to change stations it goes to station 1 unless you hit the buttons just right.

Is this occurring for others and I have what everyone has :yikes: or is my system got a problem? :yikes::yikes:.

Thanks in advance. Lonnie

strats
03-08-2010, 03:58 PM
I can only comment on number 2...
The passenger volume control ONLY adjusts the volume of the helmet headset, not the external speakers.

fastfraser
03-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Took a RTS for a demo in Daytona a couple of days ago and the tech. had a hard time adjusting the volume as well as getting the radio turned on.:dontknow:

NancysToy
03-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Remember that holding the volume down button mutes the audio. pressing the volume up button then returns it to its last setting. To lower volume, you have to press the down button briefly and repeatedly. Same for the up button, but it won't accidently mute or anything. In short, press the buttons briefly, and repeatedly if necessary, don't hold them down.