PDA

View Full Version : Can-Am Trailer Connectors Information

lawrenc454
03-08-2010, 03:29 AM
The parts are from Deutsche and are in the HC16-9 series. If you want to buy parts to make a matching set of connectors.

See the link at: http://www.totalsource.com.au/pdfs/Connectors/Deutsch_HD10_Series_Connectors_110705.pdf

I plan on making an "emergency connector" that I could hook up to a standard trailer connector if needed.

Just be careful because the trailer is wired for separate Left and Right brake signals as well as L&R turn signals and a line for the back up lights

Lonnie

dave01
03-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Nice find. I may order a spare cap just in case...LOL

MarkLawson
03-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Thanks! I'll bookmark that site. I've been thinking the same as you because I'll want to be able to tow the trailer behind my Goldwing too. I've already gotten rid of my Bushtec trailer, so am waiting for my RT-622 to arrive. The separate brake lights may be a challenge, although I would guess it would be as simple as splitting the lead for the bikes brake light output to two different inputs.

We'll see...

tea6638
03-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the info.:2thumbs:

NancysToy
03-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Lonnie,
You win, buddy. :firstplace: I searched for three days and couldn't track down this connector. It is obscure, to say the least. No good US source that I could find, unfortunately. Anyway, for those who intend to use this, don't forget that you will need seven of the proper sized sockets, two sealing plugs, and something to seal the rear of the connector, since I found no standard boot (maybe I missed it). You will also need an appropriate crimping tool, and you might want a removal tool and some extra terminals, in case you flub up.

As an alternative, I purchased the RT-622 trailer tongue harness, P/N 710002029, which will give me the basis for my trailer adapter. MSRP is $100, though, so a plug is cheaper.

syclemom
04-01-2010, 06:26 AM
Great research been looking too.