PDA

View Full Version : Shoveled The Grass!!!

lightman02
03-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Well I keep my spyder in a car port behind my house. I live in north east Jersey so it was in the 50's here and I was dying to take my Spyder out for a nice little ride. Well in order to get it out I have to ride down the lawn leading to the front street. However there isn’t as much sun coming on that side so I had an inch in a half of snow and ice which I knew the Spyder wouldn’t like. So here I am shoveling a path in the grass for my bike with the neighbors looking on and asking what the hell I was doing. Anyway went for small ride and it was great to be back out again. I filled it with super as I have some left from my ATV’s and she ran amazing. I’m not sure if it’s the gas or the temp because another time I took it out in 50 degree weather with regular gas and the bike ran great; it seemed to have more power. So has anyone noticed if our bikes run better at cool temperatures then warmer??

Sarge707
03-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Most engines including (Rotax) run better in cool weather because the air is denser with more oxygen content. Same thing with runners!:shemademe_smilie:

SPYDERGUY1
03-08-2010, 10:32 PM
I also am getting hit with the fever, but alas, I would have to shovel about 18 inches of snow for about 65 feet and then remove the double gate just to get to the alley. once out could go for a ride but then have to put back in the temp backyard garage till I get the trailer full of roof tin out out of my garage which will be a road trip this weekend.( helping out a friend ) Whew after all that am tired just thinking about it. two weeks from now, will probly be shoveling the grass, at least to get her home in the garage and drool and wait and drool somemore..........:gaah:

C3517C
03-08-2010, 10:42 PM
I don't know how you guys do it. This is the best time of year here in the desert, just under 70 degrees. Although the big heat will be here soon. I notice when its above 105, the Spyder will hesitate and even stahl when accelerating. Surprisingly, I have no overheating issues as others have had, and I have ridden hard in 120 degrees. (Although I was ready to die)

SPYDERGUY1
03-10-2010, 10:50 PM
finally broke down today. seeing all the bike riders out and about. overcome with the fever, went and shoveled the approx 65 freaking feet of 18 inch deep snow to get to the gate at the alley. next week supposed to be double digit temps, so should have a clear get-a-way to the alley, but gotta remove the gate first. OH MY GOD :2excited: anything after that is just pure bliss.

NancysToy
03-11-2010, 10:06 AM
finally broke down today. seeing all the bike riders out and about. overcome with the fever, went and shoveled the approx 65 freaking feet of 18 inch deep snow to get to the gate at the alley. next week supposed to be double digit temps, so should have a clear get-a-way to the alley, but gotta remove the gate first. OH MY GOD :2excited: anything after that is just pure bliss.
:thumbup: I know what you mean. It really changes your outlook on life. I have been riding the RTS for about a week. The ice finally left the last of the driveway yesterday, and we are starting to see patches of grass. There is hope! Enjoy that Ryde!

SPYDERGUY1
03-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Scotty, you have been on this forum since I first signed on . From what I gather you now own an rt/rs model. do you still have the original spyder ? have been talking with the dealer and like the new units but not sure as do to the price. not sure if I would get the bang for the buck versus my 08 sm5. I am however signed up for a good ole fashioned test blast with the new ones. your thoughts.:chat:

NancysToy
03-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Scotty, you have been on this forum since I first signed on . From what I gather you now own an rt/rs model. do you still have the original spyder ? have been talking with the dealer and like the new units but not sure as do to the price. not sure if I would get the bang for the buck versus my 08 sm5. I am however signed up for a good ole fashioned test blast with the new ones. your thoughts.:chat:
Nancy still has her PE Spyder. Shortly after they announced the RT, I pre-ordered one. Now we have a PE of each. It was several months after I ordered before I ever saw one, or took a ride. A couple more months before I got mine, then more yet before the snow left and I could sneak in some rides. So far, I like it a lot. I also like Nancy's...as well as my 22 motorcycles. Guess I'm easy to please. :D Seriously, the RT is a fine machine, and the most comfortable motorcycle I ever rode. Bang for the buck, and desired looks, performance, and features are strictly up to the beholder. My other choice would have been a Hannigan trike conversion for a BMW K1200LT, so the Spyder was a good value. Take a demo ride or two, look at the options, and then decide. (My apologies for the hijacking.)

bjt
03-11-2010, 10:40 PM
:thumbup: I know what you mean. It really changes your outlook on life. I have been riding the RTS for about a week. The ice finally left the last of the driveway yesterday, and we are starting to see patches of grass. There is hope! Enjoy that Ryde!

You guys must have a colder winter down there than we did. I've already been out mowing the past two days.... :2thumbs:

NancysToy
03-12-2010, 07:35 AM
You guys must have a colder winter down there than we did. I've already been out mowing the past two days.... :2thumbs:
We got more snow than anyone around. More than a foot greater than Kalamazoo or Grand Rapids. Go figure?