PDA

View Full Version : Code P0520

xpeschon
03-07-2010, 09:24 AM
I have been getting the oil light staying on when I start the engine. Generally, I shut it off and restart and it goes off. However lately I have been getting the check engine message. Yesturday I found out (with MO Lee's help of course) how to pull the ERROR codes off the computer, anyway we came up with the code saying something about the Oil Sensor.. I know I have read somewhere in the forum about this just kind of want to check in and see what the fix is, So having said this I'm sure it will need to go to the dealer for the BUDS to be hooked up to it however, my question is this: Will it cause any damage to keep running it? I"m thinking not because once I shut it off and and wait for a moment it will go away then not return till it feels like it,,Its a Hit and Miss deal.. All fluid levels are normal by the way.. Any thoughts on this one??

Joe

docdoru
03-07-2010, 09:33 AM
This code read in the ECM module: "Engine oil pressure sensor circuit malfunction". IMO, bring your Spyder to the dealer ASAP.

NancysToy
03-07-2010, 10:09 AM
This code read in the ECM module: "Engine oil pressure sensor circuit malfunction". IMO, bring your Spyder to the dealer ASAP.
:agree:

xpeschon
03-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Got it guys thanks for the info.. I guess it will be parked till I can make an appointment with then on tuesday.. The weather here in MO is really nice today but I do have another bike I cause I could enjoy today.. Thanks for the info..

Joe

WackyDan
03-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Same essential thing happened to me. At first random and then it became more frequent.

Was bad oil sending unit. Oil pump was ok- sensor was flaky. These have been known to fail on Spyders it seems. Was a quick fix at dealer. BRP screwed up the part order/shipping 3 times though.

docdoru
03-07-2010, 02:03 PM
BRP screwed up the part order/shipping 3 times though.
I think the problems are in some cases with our dealers, using old software (taking 4 times to insert the order manually).

xpeschon
03-08-2010, 06:54 AM
Got it thank you so much for all the information.. That is exactly what is happen here,, last week-end it did it twice and on Saturday it did it about 8-10 times,, We have a wonderful Dealership in Cuba Mo that takes real good care of all of us in the surrounding area so hopefully they can get me in SOON to get this under control cause you know as well as I do that the weather is breaking and its HARD to just see the bike parked in the garage not able to ride it cause of a simple fix,, I will keep you posted, they are closed today but will be open on Tuesday.. It about 45 miles away from me and I plan on trailering it up there and NOT riding it,, basically its PARKED till I get it to the dealer,,crap!!!

xpeschon

xpeschon
03-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Just to let ya all know,, I dropped off the spyder yesturday at the dealership.. I passed on to them the info that I recieved from all of you, So I thank you.. The service department was very excited about the information I gave them so I thought that was cool,, Lets see what happens in the next day or two.. I will keep you posted..

Joe

mike3069
03-11-2010, 08:16 AM
I had the same issue. A bad sending unit was the cause. I had my dealer send the part and installed it myself as I was 800 miles away at the time.

While I waited for the part, I simply unhooked the wire from the sending unit and was able to ride the :spyder2: with no problems or codes.

The normal switch position (determined from the wiring diagram and confirmed by my dealer) is "open" so removing the wire fooled the ECU into believing all was well. In a pinch this trick can at least get you home.

xpeschon
03-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks so much for the info.. I informed the dealership of all the info I recieved on the this forum and it seems as though they where really grateful for passing it on to them. I hoping it will be completed before Saturday, I am keeping my fingers crossed..

Joe

xpeschon
03-19-2010, 04:20 AM
OK-- Got the spyder back the other day and went for a small little ride yesterday, I'm talking only about 15 miles,, No lights come on so thats a good thing.. The dealership replaced the Oil Sensor it turned out to be a bad one, so looks like I'm off and running again.. Thank you for all the info in this matter..

Joe
(X)

Mo Lee
03-19-2010, 05:40 AM
OK-- Got the spyder back the other day and went for a small little ride yesterday, I'm talking only about 15 miles,, No lights come on so thats a good thing.. The dealership replaced the Oil Sensor it turned out to be a bad one, so looks like I'm off and running again.. Thank you for all the info in this matter..

Joe
(X)
Hope it runs great today, remember winter returns tomorrow.

xpeschon
03-19-2010, 05:48 AM
No kidding right, only in MO.
Joe

retired1
03-19-2010, 09:11 AM
:roflblack: Our station stated " a trace to 4". I think they covered themselves pretty well with that one!