PDA

View Full Version : performance heads & cams?

speedster200
03-06-2010, 10:34 PM
I was told by (my BRP rep at the time) that a Italian company was making performance heads and cams for the Aprilia Mille R.The Mille R has the same engine as the spyder. The heads were stated to boost the power to 156 HP. I have searched the internet for a company that might make them. Does anyone know about the heads?

Firefly
03-06-2010, 11:30 PM
Ken at www.evoluzione.net used to sell the higher compression pistons, cams, etc. -- but I spoke to him a few weeks ago and he stated he was no longer selling them.

Might better check out getting an aerocharger instead....

http://www.aerocharger.com/kits_canam_spyder.php

03-07-2010, 05:57 AM
I just ordered the high compression pistons this week from Ken. I am also going with the big bore kit. If you do headwork and valves, you are going to venture into mostly uncharted territory as far as tuning goes. That is why I went big bore/ high comp for now and see how she runs. If that is still not enough, the cams can be done at a later date without taking the engine apart again.

johnboyjohn.pretious
03-07-2010, 06:27 AM
I was told by (my BRP rep at the time) that a Italian company was making performance heads and cams for the Aprilia Mille R.The Mille R has the same engine as the spyder. The heads were stated to boost the power to 156 HP. I have searched the internet for a company that might make them. Does anyone know about the heads?

I think you will find the Mille engine is different in a number of aspects, but I stand to be corrected.
I think I have read this discussion before, but cannot find it for you.
johnboy

:chat:

tweeder
03-07-2010, 12:30 PM
I just ordered the high compression pistons this week from Ken. I am also going with the big bore kit. If you do headwork and valves, you are going to venture into mostly uncharted territory as far as tuning goes. That is why I went big bore/ high comp for now and see how she runs. If that is still not enough, the cams can be done at a later date without taking the engine apart again.

What are the specs on the big bore?

Firefly
03-07-2010, 12:41 PM

Interesting.... not sure why he's telling me he no longer sells them.

speedster200
03-07-2010, 11:37 PM
I guess i will have to find a engine and flow bench and find out what I can do. I was just being lazy. :lecturef_smilie:

asmdjackal
03-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Interesting.... not sure why he's telling me he no longer sells them.

It could be that they are not producing them anymore and they are just selling what they have left on the shelf?

Last time I spoke to Ken about those pistons, there were only a few sets sold.

Firefly
03-10-2010, 08:21 PM
It could be that they are not producing them anymore and they are just selling what they have left on the shelf?

Last time I spoke to Ken about those pistons, there were only a few sets sold.

Any updates on the Aerocharger? Have you been able to keep riding yours with the prototype on it?

asmdjackal
03-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Any updates on the Aerocharger? Have you been able to keep riding yours with the prototype on it?

Dont want to hijack this thread with more of that, but in short, yes, I had it last weekend for more tuning after Aerocharger brought in a professional tuner to lock things in. Its FAAAAAAAAST.

The production air boxes are VERY nice, the production aluminum black anodized charge tubes are top notch, etc... I was asking the Aerocharger folks if I could get a couple of product part pics to share... I hope have some soon.

Firefly
03-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Dont want to hijack this thread with more of that, but in short, yes, I had it last weekend for more tuning after Aerocharger brought in a professional tuner to lock things in. Its FAAAAAAAAST.

The production air boxes are VERY nice, the production aluminum black anodized charge tubes are top notch, etc... I was asking the Aerocharger folks if I could get a couple of product part pics to share... I hope have some soon.

Any chance they'll sell the air boxes as a separate item? Wouldn't mind using one with my cold-air intakes.....