PDA

View Full Version : Going Green with ESI

dave01
03-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Got the NEW Green filter installed in the RTS today, thanks to ESI and the gang. All I can saw is...What a difference in throttle response and pick-up. For anyone that has not been able to spin the RTS rear wheel, Mine did it today after the filter change. After a few new scratches on his hands, Jody had mine installed and I had to take her out for a spin. I am sure I had a big smile when I got back. It reminded me of riding my old Spyder. Give one a try, I'm sure you wont be disappointed.:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: A bunch of thumbs up for the ESI crew

docdoru
03-05-2010, 07:52 PM
:thumbup:

Magic Man
03-06-2010, 07:00 AM
We found a marked improvment in performance during the R&D of these as well.:thumbup:

MM

BumbleBee
03-06-2010, 07:03 AM
We found a marked improvment in performance during the R&D of these as well.:thumbup:

MM

Grren Filters on your site, will they fit the RT?
When are you returning from your Daytona trip?

"Got a order to place" :2thumbs:

Magic Man
03-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Grren Filters on your site, will they fit the RT?
When are you returning from your Daytona trip?

"Got a order to place" :2thumbs:

These should be up on the site by Monday. :thumbup:

MM

dave01
03-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Back home and the trip back was great, just too short. Got around 200 miles on the Spyder with the GREEN FILTER and she has never run better. Thanks again Evan:D:D

westgl
03-07-2010, 02:28 AM
I would get some technical specifications on this green filter before you just jump into getting one.

I am sure most of you would like more performance. I would too.

The problem is, well with K&N Filters anyway.

The tech spec for K&N reads something like this, this product for racing engines, K&N filters provide 85% - 91% filtration.

Remember racing engines are rebuilt often and dont usually have a lot of hours of use on them between tear downs.

Huh!!! 85% filtration??? you know what that means, your new engine just became a expensive vacuum cleaner.

With your engine doing double duty vacuum cleaner of your city streets & engine for your spyder, it may not last as long as it could if you had 100% filtration.

A lot of dirt entering the top end of your engine is not healthy for rings, pistons, valves.

The bottom end of your engine will remain clean for awhile until it is worn out.

I am not saying these filters are like the K&N filters, I dont know anything about them.

I am just trying bring to light what I know about the K&N filters.

I would rather use the stock filter, rather than use a partial filter. I am not riding a hoover. All though my streets could be a little cleaner.

Since we are unaware of the Green Filter, Get a spec sheet, with filtration performance, how well this filter actually removes particulate, not how little it filters.

Lets make sure. We have spent too much $$$ on these lets keep um running.

Westgl

dave01
03-07-2010, 03:55 AM
I would get some technical specifications on this green filter before you just jump into getting one.

I am sure most of you would like more performance. I would too.

The problem is, well with K&N Filters anyway.

The tech spec for K&N reads something like this, this product for racing engines, K&N filters provide 85% - 91% filtration.

Remember racing engines are rebuilt often and dont usually have a lot of hours of use on them between tear downs.

Huh!!! 85% filtration??? you know what that means, your new engine just became a expensive vacuum cleaner.

With your engine doing double duty vacuum cleaner of your city streets & engine for your spyder, it may not last as long as it could if you had 100% filtration.

A lot of dirt entering the top end of your engine is not healthy for rings, pistons, valves.

The bottom end of your engine will remain clean for awhile until it is worn out.

I am not saying these filters are like the K&N filters, I dont know anything about them.

I am just trying bring to light what I know about the K&N filters.

I would rather use the stock filter, rather than use a partial filter. I am not riding a hoover. All though my streets could be a little cleaner.

Since we are unaware of the Green Filter, Get a spec sheet, with filtration performance, how well this filter actually removes particulate, not how little it filters.

Lets make sure. We have spent too much $$$ on these lets keep um running.

Westgl
100 percent filteration is not possible. Even a HEPA filter cant do that. Green Filters filter down to 5 microns, which is almost non-existant. Regular Racor filters filter down to 20 microns and we have been using them on our boats for the past 22 years. Although the Racor filters are fuel filters, letting particles of 20 microns in has not been an issue. Check out the information on th Green Filters at greenfilterusa.com
I agree that K&N filters flow good, but they also plug up quick when they are not maintained properly. These filters fit much better in the stock airbox than the factory ones did. Just my 02 cents though.

G-Man
03-07-2010, 08:54 AM

MM

MM; Is adding a Power Commander or adjusting the fuel injection recommended when adding the Green Air filter?

WizardMaster
03-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Scratches are almost all healed Dave:2thumbs:. Glad you enjoy the new improvement to your RT!

NancysToy
03-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Scratches are almost all healed Dave:2thumbs:. Glad you enjoy the new improvement to your RT!
:roflblack: Wow, Jody, do I know what you mean. Tore myself up good getting to my RT-S' foglight. Tight quarters and sharp plastic!

dave01
03-08-2010, 11:11 PM

Gotta have a set of those BurgerKing small hands. LOL

Lamonster
03-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Gotta have a set of those BurgerKing small hands. LOL
:2thumbs:
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h51/FHFJIGSAW/preview_320_260_1.jpg

Magic Man
03-10-2010, 10:24 AM
:2thumbs:
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h51/FHFJIGSAW/preview_320_260_1.jpg

Boy could I use those sometimes working on these things! :roflblack:

MM