PDA

View Full Version : Well...after almost a year....

Questions
03-04-2010, 08:09 PM
I finally bought a SPYDER!!!!! Yep...gotta 08' SM5 from a local dealer with 8k, side bags and a back rest...can't wait to go for a ride...any suggestions on outside storage??

Tom in NM
03-04-2010, 08:16 PM
I finally bought a SPYDER!!!!! Yep...gotta 08' SM5 from a local dealer with 8k, side bags and a back rest...can't wait to go for a ride...any suggestions on outside storage??

My Spyder sleeps outside ( doors are not wide enough to get it in the house ) in a BikeBarn. Now, if I even had a garage for it, I would still keep it under a BikeBarn.

http://www.thebikebarn.net/smartbarn_model.html

http://www.thebikebarn.net/images/smartbarn/trike3.jpg

I have the Trike size for the Spyder and also have one for my BMW F650GS.

Tom

bone crusher
03-04-2010, 08:27 PM
My Spyder sleeps outside ( doors are not wide enough to get it in the house ) in a BikeBarn. Now, if I even had a garage for it, I would still keep it under a BikeBarn.

http://www.thebikebarn.net/smartbarn_model.html

http://www.thebikebarn.net/images/smartbarn/trike3.jpg

I have the Trike size for the Spyder and also have one for my BMW F650GS.

Tom

That's neat...never seen one of those before...I keep mine in the garage...if I didn't have the garage space, I'd go with what you're using or have a shed built for the bike...

Roaddog2
03-04-2010, 08:30 PM
That's neat...never seen one of those before...I keep mine in the garage...if I didn't have the garage space, I'd go with what you're using or have a shed built for the bike...
:agree:that is the best outdoor solution I've seen yet :thumbup:

COOLMACHINE
03-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Looks great blkcollegemanutk. I'm happy for you! JW

DynamoBT
03-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Just some info. Have heard of bikebarns acting like a sail in the wind. They are great. But make sure you anchor them properly. I know the the weight of a front wheel on the plate of one for a bike is not enough weight to hold it down in wind.

Oh, and Congratulations!!!!!

NancysToy
03-04-2010, 09:15 PM
welcome :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: :congrats:

YPILOT
03-04-2010, 09:17 PM
:congrats: on the new :spyder2:. welcome.
Looks like your set to join the fun. Dennis

Bersquack
03-04-2010, 09:39 PM
:congrats:

pastorchuck
03-05-2010, 11:11 AM
:2thumbs: Great looking :spyder2:....Love the paint. Enjoy the ryde....

groundeffect
03-05-2010, 11:14 AM
:congrats:welcome:2thumbs::2thumbs:

If you'll be storing your new Spyder outside, I highly recommend the BRP outside cover and also recommend turning the wheels and locking the steering.
http://spyder.brp.com/GearsAccessories/en-US/Product-Detail/280000337

Hope that helps.
Cheers

mxz600
03-05-2010, 01:06 PM
:congrats: and welcome

Sarge707
03-05-2010, 01:24 PM
:2thumbs: Soon you will be looking for ANY excuse to ride it!!:D

Tom in NM
03-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Just some info. Have heard of bikebarns acting like a sail in the wind. They are great. But make sure you anchor them properly. I know the the weight of a front wheel on the plate of one for a bike is not enough weight to hold it down in wind.

I have never had that problem with either of mine - and I do get some high winds and gusts ( up to 45/50 ) from different directions. BUT, I am sure it does have something to do with where it is sitting and other exposure/orientation issues.

Really, after having one of these I will never use a regular motorcycle cover again. It is just a couple of seconds to open and close - no wrestling with a cover or waiting for the bike to cool down before putting it away.

Tom

CRUCIFIED
03-08-2010, 03:26 AM
I have never seen the turn signals relocated to the rear fender...is that a normal mod with those saddle bags?:dontknow:

SpyderWolf
03-09-2010, 10:22 PM
:congrats: and welcome to the owners club.

PCBeachBum
03-10-2010, 04:54 AM
:congrats: andwelcome :2thumbs: :clap:

retread
03-10-2010, 07:16 AM
I have never seen the turn signals relocated to the rear fender...is that a normal mod with those saddle bags?:dontknow:
The Givi mounting set moves the signals to the fender, the Ind7 set moves them to the cross brace on the hardware. Not sure where the BRP set moves them.

john

NancysToy
03-10-2010, 10:50 AM
The Givi mounting set moves the signals to the fender, the Ind7 set moves them to the cross brace on the hardware. Not sure where the BRP set moves them.

john
BRP set moves them up and back on stalks that also serve as the mounts for the racks.

SpyderGirl
03-10-2010, 02:34 PM
welcome to the club!! That Bike Barn looks totally neat. If you have to store outside, that's the way to go. Also might want to consider an alarm system or some ground anchors in cement to cable lock it.