PDA

View Full Version : Yaw Sensor

Dwight
03-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Well, it appears that my limp home mode is the result of a bad "Yaw Sensor". They are not absolutely sure of it yet but are confident enough to have ordered a replacement. They (Reno's in KC) are still talking to BRP, it appears to be an intermitent fault. The good news is it happened to the tech that is working on it when he took it for a test ride. They are hoping to have it ready by Friday, I sure hope so, temperature's are finally going up to the 60's and the SO hasn't had a ride on it yet! So far I'm pretty happy with Reno's, I even got a call from Carlo about my problem! It looks like BRP is serious about taking care of us. Thanks to Spyderlovers.com and Lamont for having such a great forum!

Dwight

westgl
03-06-2010, 12:26 AM
I hope you got your spyder back today.

It is not fun being without it.

good luck :2thumbs:

Westgl

SpyderWolf
03-07-2010, 01:11 PM
I hope you get it back soon and are able to enjoy ryding it again.

docdoru
03-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Well, it appears that my limp home mode is the result of a bad "Yaw Sensor". They are not absolutely sure of it yet but are confident enough to have ordered a replacement. They (Reno's in KC) are still talking to BRP, it appears to be an intermitent fault. The good news is it happened to the tech that is working on it when he took it for a test ride. They are hoping to have it ready by Friday, I sure hope so, temperature's are finally going up to the 60's and the SO hasn't had a ride on it yet! So far I'm pretty happy with Reno's, I even got a call from Carlo about my problem! It looks like BRP is serious about taking care of us. Thanks to Spyderlovers.com and Lamont for having such a great forum!
Dwight
Did they change the DPS?
The "bad YAW sensor" shows as fault code U1160, C0063, U0123 or P0011 ?

Dwight
03-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Guys and Doc,

Got the RT back Saturday, rode it home. Rode it today for another 140 miles, everything seems ok. The tech showed me the code, I think it was a "C" code but can't remember. He showed me a ton of stuff that they can look at when they have the computer hooked up. The only thing he found odd (other than the fault) was that the computer keeps track of the time spent in limp mode, and it didn't show any time for mine. I rode about 20 miles in limp mode and he also rode some in limp mode so there should have been some logged. Other than that, everything was good to go. Me and the missus + a friend are headed to Arkansas this Tuesday so I guess we'll find out if everything works! I'll have a ride report when we get back.

They did not change the DPS

Dwight

SpyderWolf
03-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Sounds good to me. Let us know how you enjoy the ride to Arkansas.

At the Daytona event, Kurt said that all of the codes that appeared on my Spyder, when I tried to run it up the wall in the middle of the turn, were most likely caused by the Yaw Sensor believing the Spyder was ryding on its side and not knowing how to correct it. :D

docdoru
03-07-2010, 08:17 PM
The tech showed me the code, I think it was a "C" code but can't remember. Dwight
C0063 in VCM module: "YAW rate sensor failure"

ataDude
03-07-2010, 08:23 PM
...are headed to Arkansas this Tuesday so I guess we'll find out if everything works! I'll have a ride report when we get back.

They did not change the DPS

Dwight

Be careful up there. That was the last place where mine failed and... it will put the fear of God into you when it happens in the mountains!