PDA

View Full Version : Re-flash?

ThreeWheels
02-28-2010, 10:33 PM
I juat got my RT yesterday.
I was warned not to let either of the trip odometers to go above 999 miles. It seems that if a trip odometer turns over, it messed up the LCD display.
Does this make sense ?
Has anyone else heard this ?
There is a reflash scheduled soon. I'm planning a trip to the Dragon in April.
I hope I can trust this machine.

NancysToy
02-28-2010, 11:01 PM
This bug was previously reported. I was not aware that it had not yet been corrected, or that it applied to all RTs. It doesn't bode well for them fixing the odometer reset problem that the GS/RS model had, I must say. It shouldn't affect your trip, except to make it less convenient as you record and rest the trip meter miles.

frank3
03-01-2010, 07:05 AM
Dealer told me to reset my TIME prior to it reading 10 hours or same problem would happen. Told that new software from BRP will be loaded when I get my 600 mile service. So far, no problems. LOVE this machine.

Dwight
03-01-2010, 07:33 AM
Frank,
My dealer told me the same thing. I asked the service writer about it some time ago and he checked to see if mine needed it, said it didn't. It's in for service so maybe I'd better call and check about it. How are things going with you? One of these days we need to get together for a ride!

Dwight

dave01
03-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Mine was updated prior to it leaving the dealer. I will be in tomorrow for the 600 mile service and will ask them about anything else.

ThreeWheels
03-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Mine was updated prior to it leaving the dealer. I will be in tomorrow for the 600 mile service and will ask them about anything else.

I would have expected the same. I'm getting the reflash today. In a couple of hours to be exact. Makes one wonder what other updates weren't done.

I'll ask about the cable to the LCD screen. But that's the only other one I know.

ThreeWheels
03-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Had the reflash done today. There were four updates, total.
Now, when I have the parking break on, the only indication is the red blinking light on the speedometer. There is no longer an indication for the parking brake on the LCD screen.
There are no other changes immediately obvious, but I've had the RT for such a short time, I don't really have a handle on all it's features yet.