PDA

View Full Version : EZ Pass

ThreeWheels
02-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Has anyone mounted an EZ Pass to their RT yet ?
Where did you mount it ?

frank3
03-01-2010, 07:07 AM
What is an "EZ Pass" ?

irish2themax
03-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Don't have an RT but I mounted mine on the windshield of my SE5. Could also put it on between your dash and the windshield

M2Wild
03-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Since the frunk is plastic, I'd mount mine right under the lid. Easy unobstructed scanning and don't have to worry about putting it away when I make pit stops.:ohyea:

ataDude
03-01-2010, 12:13 PM
What is an "EZ Pass" ?

Electronic toll tag.

ThreeWheels
03-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Since the frunk is plastic, I'd mount mine right under the lid. Easy unobstructed scanning and don't have to worry about putting it away when I make pit stops.:ohyea:

That was my first thought as well, but I'm not sure the scanners can read it that low.

Mounting it on the windsheild seems to be the most effective, but ugly way of installing it. Maybe if I paint the thing black it will blend in better.

mdminc
03-01-2010, 06:29 PM
The scanners read license plate mounted tags. It should be okay to be that low.

glynnk
03-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Has anyone mounted an EZ Pass to their RT yet ?
Where did you mount it ?
Front trunk in one of the mesh pockets. Same place I had it on the GS. I've not had any problems.

Glynnk

frank3
03-03-2010, 08:32 AM
Sorry for the stupid question about EZ Pass. I live out here in "Fly OVER" country. At one time, I lived in Baltimore and also Albany, NY. Am very knowledgable about toll roads but it's been over 30 years now and I'm sure they didn't have EZ Pass back when Christ was a Corporal. Out here, there is only one toll road within 500 miles and I hardly ever travel it. I had almost forgot about all the grief of traveling between NY and Balto on I-95.

M2Wild
03-03-2010, 09:43 AM
That was my first thought as well, but I'm not sure the scanners can read it that low.

Mounting it on the windsheild seems to be the most effective, but ugly way of installing it. Maybe if I paint the thing black it will blend in better.
The toll booth reader is directional, no worry about distance.

Front trunk in one of the mesh pockets. Same place I had it on the GS. I've not had any problems.

Glynnk
That's good to know it will read straight up-n-down in the mesh pocket. Tha's where I'll keep it from now on. Thanks for the tip.

SpyderGirl
03-03-2010, 11:17 AM
I know someone that mounted it to the top inside part of his trunk and it reads just fine. I keep mine in the top of my tank bag. I also used to have it between the console and the windshield... neither really works for the RT though, but the inside of the trunk might... of course not all electronic toll passes and readers are created equal.

you24824
03-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Spydergirl is talking about me. I mounted mine on the flat portion of the truck, right side. Never fails

You24824, PE# 1189

SpyderGirl
03-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Hey Bill!

I have personally have never tried it with it in the trunk, but it should work. I should try it.