PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions

Jester
02-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Last year I got to spend about 10 hours on an SE5 and an SM5. Liked both but decided when I bought a Spyder I would choose an SE. I really wanted a touring machine but the originals were a little rough around the edges and I decided to pass.

When the RT was announced, I knew the wait was over :thumbup:and it was just a matter to trying to collect enough marbles to make the deal. PE 528 was delivered late Thursday and naturally it rained on Friday.

Today's weather was perfect for a nice 50 miles ride on the Natchez Trace. This is the best ryde I have ever had, bar none. I think the electric shift programing on the RT is much better than the original. The downshifts came at the right time. There was no lugging at all and the upshifts were quick and positive. Even the placement of the shift button feels more natural but that may be my imagination.

The only criticism I have is I am going to have to tighten up the shocks. I am a pretty stocky 225 lbs and only 5'7" and when I shift my weight around, the Spyder thinks I am trying to use body english to steer. :sour:

I can see I am really going to enjoy this.:spyder:

Thanks to all who have paved this way.

Cappy :joke:

NancysToy
02-27-2010, 11:20 PM
:congrats: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Enjoy the Ryde!

TicketBait
02-28-2010, 02:05 AM
I too weigh 220 lbs and have adjusted the front shocks from the #3 factory setting to #4,and increased the rear psi shocks to 75 and it is perfect for me. I ride mostly freeway and was told that if I am gonna be in the twisties I might want a 5 setting.

glynnk
02-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Congrats on the new ride:2thumbs:

Glynnk

SpyderWolf
02-28-2010, 09:43 AM
:congrats: on your new RT. I hope you continue to have the best rydes ever each time you climb aboard.

LDFIREWORKS
02-28-2010, 09:44 AM
welcome:congrats:

Wheeler~
03-02-2010, 07:22 PM
:congrats:
Ryde hard but ryde safe.