PDA

View Full Version : Off to a bad start this morning

b2k
02-26-2010, 09:36 AM
headed to work this morning and was seting at the red light in the turn lane waiting to turn when a car hit from behind knocking me threw the interstion into on coming traffic .God was looking after me no other car hit me and I was able to get up and walk away with a few scrapes and bruses. guess all the hurting will start in the morning

duneside
02-26-2010, 09:40 AM
WOW, Hope your ok. :yikes:

Gimpy Girl
02-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Sure glad that your ok! Feel better and heal quickly!

Hamie
02-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Sorry to hear that but glad to hear it was only scrapes and bruises that will heal... you were lucky...

Dukester
02-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Glad to hear you're ok. God be with you.

ntxYguy2009
02-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Glad to hear you are okay. I will say a few prayers for a speedy recovery for you and your :spyder2:.

David

COOLMACHINE
02-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Sorry to hear it B2K. I'm thankful you were not seriously injured.

SpyderWolf
02-26-2010, 10:14 AM
:yikes:

Glad to hear you only suffered some scrapes and bruises. Were you ryding your Spyder, or in a car when this happened? I also hope everything goes well with the upcoming insurance claims and everything that goes along with that process.

Brevet05
02-26-2010, 10:30 AM
God is good; glad to hear you are okay! What's the damage to a rear-ended Spyder?:dontknow:

Smylinacha
02-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Glad you walked away from that one!

b2k
02-26-2010, 10:54 AM
:yikes:

Glad to hear you only suffered some scrapes and bruises. Were you ryding your Spyder, or in a car when this happened? I also hope everything goes well with the upcoming insurance claims and everything that goes along with that process.
I was on the goldwing and both of us had insurance ,you know the wing has a alum. frame and hope it is not damage .

Big Arm
02-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hope you heal fast.

aubierules
02-26-2010, 11:53 AM
THANK THE LORD UR OK:pray:

M2Wild
02-26-2010, 12:02 PM
A lot of ding bat drivers out there. Glad you are okay. Now go sue the piss outta that driver just to make a point.

GaryTheBadger
02-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Philosophical question...if god was looking after you, why did it allow the accident in the first place? I've always wondered about things like this.
Glad you are okay.

pitmon
02-26-2010, 01:03 PM
So glad you are ok.. people should pay more attention. The phone call can wait till you get where u are going...

DynamoBT
02-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Glad you were able to walk away.

dltang
02-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Philosophical question...if god was looking after you, why did it allow the accident in the first place? I've always wondered about things like this.
Glad you are okay. Will the Spyder survive?

I will send you a PM with my answer to this.

dabreitbach
02-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Glad your ok. Someone or something was lookin after you:2thumbs:

TonyMac
02-26-2010, 03:30 PM
So glad you are ok. So many idiot drivers out there.

By any chance did you have any modified lights (like the Triple Play or similar) on your Spyder? I ask because I had a close call recently and am trying to determine whether additional lights help idiots see you better and thus avoid accidents.

Feedback from others on visibility enhancements to avoid accidents would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tony

GaryTheBadger
02-26-2010, 03:32 PM
dltang: Thanks for the Private Message. I replied back to you.

bone crusher
02-26-2010, 03:35 PM
headed to work this morning and was seting at the red light in the turn lane waiting to turn when a car hit from behind knocking me threw the interstion into on coming traffic .God was looking after me no other car hit me and I was able to get up and walk away with a few scrapes and bruses. guess all the hurting will start in the morning

You should get therapy as you are sure to have soft tissue damage, be it muscular or ligamentous. Crash studies show that rear-end collisions, even at 8mph, produce 10g forces in the cervical spine. This translates to damage. Sure, the dynamics of your crash are different from those when in a cage, but the energy is going through you and there is no 'crash zone' on the Spyder...meaning, you're taking the brunt.

As far as your bike moving, that is even worse as nothing but you takes the damage.

PM me if you want me to help you find a qualified person to take care of you in your area...you can sit on it and likely end up with cervical spine degen. in the years to come. Uncorrected damage leads to degenerative changes as stability is lost.

Brevet05
02-26-2010, 04:34 PM
So glad you are ok. So many idiot drivers out there.

By any chance did you have any modified lights (like the Triple Play or similar) on your Spyder? I ask because I had a close call recently and am trying to determine whether additional lights help idiots see you better and thus avoid accidents.

Feedback from others on visibility enhancements to avoid accidents would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tony

Tony,
He wasn't on his Spyder; he was riding a Honda Goldwing.

I've installed the mudflap lights (slaved to the rear lights), fender tip lights, and triple play. I've ridden a lot in low light conditions in my trips, and there's a marked difference according to both my wife and my co-workers who've been behind the Spyder. I know that sitting and riding, the lights from the fenders are readily apparent. Well worth it IMHO.

NancysToy
02-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Tony,
He wasn't on his Spyder; he was riding a Honda Goldwing.

I've installed the mudflap lights (slaved to the rear lights), fender tip lights, and triple play. I've ridden a lot in low light conditions in my trips, and there's a marked difference according to both my wife and my co-workers who've been behind the Spyder. I know that sitting and riding, the lights from the fenders are readily apparent. Well worth it IMHO.
I like my extra lights, too, but all the lights in the world won't help with an idiot that is looking at his text messages, fumbling for a CD, or tailgating. Bad driving habits are an epidemic, and those of us who try hard to do it right, often pay the penalty. Glad you survived, B2K!

boborgera
02-26-2010, 06:04 PM
People run into the back of school bus's, Don't know how many more lights you can add to them. Sometimes the guy that hits you is looking right at you, It's called target fixation. It's a problem for new and older drivers, Especially for first time bike riders.

SpyderWolf
02-26-2010, 06:06 PM
I was on the goldwing and both of us had insurance ,you know the wing has a alum. frame and hope it is not damage .

I hope the frame is not damaged as well, and that all of your repairs are covered. I also hope the pain doesn't get too bad, if and when it begins to set in. Best of luck, and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Roaddog2
02-26-2010, 06:40 PM
I like my extra lights, too, but all the lights in the world won't help with an idiot that is looking at his text messages, fumbling for a CD, or tailgating. Bad driving habits are an epidemic, and those of us who try hard to do it right, often pay the penalty. Glad you survived, B2K!:agree:Glad you were able to walk away :pray:

bikeguy
02-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Really glad that you could walk away from that one. It's always scary sitting on a bike at a stoplight. All the electronic gadgetry in use today makes it even more so.

Cotton

AnthonyG
02-26-2010, 07:34 PM
B2K, Thank God you are alright. The good Lord was with you.
Get well soon. (How is Your Spyder)??
Toooo many drivers that don't know how to drive correctly.
:spyder2::spyder:

spyderme
02-26-2010, 08:37 PM

Sorry i'm from the old school (school of hard knocks). Did you get up realise your ok and go and kick his face in.

Glad to hear you're ok though.

Lamonster
02-26-2010, 08:39 PM
:yikes: sorry to hear that Bro. I'm sure glad it wasn't worst. If you need anything give me a call.

retread
02-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Glad you came through in one piece. Make sure the Wing gets a really close checkout.

john

Arthur---Mexico
02-27-2010, 12:05 AM
From Arthur---Mexico City,

I wasn't going to say this as many people have certain religious beliefs and other philosophies but without looking back at the comments, the person that said "if God was looking after you then why did this happen?" or words to that effect thinks like I do. I sincerely think that a reference to "God" should not be mentioned in comments as that phrase is commonly used. Better it's your intelegence that makes things happen in one's life. Give it a thought. Now:

I have been hit twice from the rear while riding my Spy. I was fortunate not to have been hurt nor was my Spy damaged to any extent. BUT I think that car drivers do not think the Spy is as wide as it is, are day dreaming, or are going too fast. The too fast thing is what got me.

I am going to design or purchase an LED group of bright amber lights that are mounted circularly in a 4" diameter holder. I will then figure out a way to support this light source/array about 16" higher than my license plate holder and wire it in so that when my Spy starts the LED light array will also turn on. The idea is so that I am seen. The reason for the circular mounting of the LEDs is that it can be seen from about all directions without it rotating. I know that flashing and rotating lights are not acceptable. What do you think?

SpyderByter
02-27-2010, 08:14 AM
Lucky you walked away from that one.:2thumbs:

Spyder man
02-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Glad your ok it could of been a lot worse.
we need to keep these type of comments off here no one needs to hear them.
86% of people be leave in god 14% do not that 14% needs to keep it to there self.

Glad you are okay.

SpyderWolf
02-27-2010, 10:27 AM
I am going to design or purchase an LED group of bright amber lights that are mounted circularly in a 4" diameter holder. I will then figure out a way to support this light source/array about 16" higher than my license plate holder and wire it in so that when my Spy starts the LED light array will also turn on. The idea is so that I am seen. The reason for the circular mounting of the LEDs is that it can be seen from about all directions without it rotating. I know that flashing and rotating lights are not acceptable. What do you think?

I think you could put all the lights in the world on your Spyder, and it is not going to stop someone from rear ending you. We have the big yellow school buses with flashing amber and red lights, and they now have white strobe lights on them. Other people are still crashing into those huge vehicles quite often.

There are a lot of things in the world that you can fix; however, stupid is not one of them.

boborgera
02-27-2010, 11:18 AM
No one needs to keep anything to 'there self'....... Don't know about you, but I live in AMERICA, where any legal citizen is entitled to hold any opinion about anything that he or she chooses......and they are not required to keep it to there self....

Besides, it sounded more like a philosophical question, not questioning the existence of the egg so much as wondering which came first, it or the chicken.......

:agree::agree: By the way the egg came first the chicken was a mutation.:roflblack:

dltang
02-27-2010, 11:28 AM
86% of people be leave in god 14% do not that 14% needs to keep it to there self.
Actually Spyder man, it was a good thing Gary posted this comment. I PM'd him and it has started a very interesting dialog. Everyone is entitled to their questions and opinions and beliefs and he basically just asked a question. He wasn't rude or pushy or anything. I did not make my answer public either, I just let him know I would discuss it in private, which we are doing.

The most important thing though is that b2k is doing well and was not injured worse.

QuadManiac
02-27-2010, 06:03 PM
So you're suggesting that the other 14% have less right to express their opinions than your 86%?

If we're going to start censoring free speech I suggest that your's is the comment that doesn't belong here... not Gary's.

WackyDan
02-27-2010, 06:29 PM
So you're suggesting that the other 14% have less right to express their opinions than your 86%?

If we're going to start censoring free speech I suggest that your's is the comment that doesn't belong here... not Gary's.

Indeed. I'm not particularly religious, but I have great respect for those with religious convictions and the good they bring to others. I have had family and co-workers offer up prayers that my wife and I would become parents, that in my recent layoff I'd come through ok. Those comments still warmed me and comforted me regardless of my stance on religion. I understood the meaning behind their prayers and thankful that people thought enough of me to offer them. Being religious or not religious means we still have to be tolerant of each other's view and accepting of them too. There are bigger things worth worrying about.

It is great to have debate and see that there are those taking this offline to PM's.

b2k
03-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Just though I would let you know $4287.60 to have the bike repaired:yikes:and 3 to 4 weeks to get parts in and reparied :gaah:

bone crusher
03-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Indeed. I'm not particularly religious, but I have great respect for those with religious convictions and the good they bring to others. I have had family and co-workers offer up prayers that my wife and I would become parents, that in my recent layoff I'd come through ok. Those comments still warmed me and comforted me regardless of my stance on religion. I understood the meaning behind their prayers and thankful that people thought enough of me to offer them. Being religious or not religious means we still have to be tolerant of each other's view and accepting of them too. There are bigger things worth worrying about.

It is great to have debate and see that there are those taking this offline to PM's.

Nice comment...

I only wish those who give everything to uphold the first amendment would do the same with the second...it's amazing how many people in this country selectively uphold what they're interested in...meanwhile, the entire Constitution needs to be followed equally.

bone crusher
03-13-2010, 01:20 PM
No one needs to keep anything to 'there self'....... Don't know about you, but I live in AMERICA, where any legal citizen is entitled to hold any opinion about anything that he or she chooses......and they are not required to keep it to there self....

Besides, it sounded more like a philosophical question, not questioning the existence of the egg so much as wondering which came first, it or the chicken.......

Agree...mostly...first of all, it is 'themselves', not 'there self' to both of you...second, whether you believe in G-d, organized religion, or you don't, we're all entitled to our beliefs and that's what makes this country great. The founding fathers built this country with religion in mind...although we have a separation of church and state, many laws come from the tenets of JudeoChristian law...it was a guiding light to the foundation of this great country. Just look at other parts of the world and see what a mess they have. My point is that as long as religion or lack of religion leads to respect and care for fellow man, and doesn't corrupt the mind to kill all those who differ, we should all be fine. Unfortunately, there are too many of the latter.

boborgera
03-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Agree...mostly...first of all, it is 'themselves', not 'there self' to both of you...second, whether you believe in G-d, organized religion, or you don't, we're all entitled to our beliefs and that's what makes this country great. The founding fathers built this country with religion in mind...although we have a separation of church and state, many laws come from the tenets of JudeoChristian law...it was a guiding light to the foundation of this great country. Just look at other parts of the world and see what a mess they have. My point is that as long as religion or lack of religion leads to respect and care for fellow man, and doesn't corrupt the mind to kill all those who differ, we should all be fine. Unfortunately, there are too many of the latter.

A'MEN :thumbup:

Smylinacha
03-13-2010, 04:59 PM
I only wish those who give everything to uphold the first amendment would do the same with the second...it's amazing how many people in this country selectively uphold what they're interested in...meanwhile, the entire Constitution needs to be followed equally.

Yes! We are doing a second amendment march in Hartford on 4/2. And yes, I agree w/ you about the Constitution being followed equally. If it was followed to begin with, Congress wouldn't be wasting tax payer dollars and time inventing new processes and laws that just add more bureaucracy to everyday life! I feel like I'm being suffocated.

SpyderWolf
03-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Just though I would let you know $4287.60 to have the bike repaired:yikes:and 3 to 4 weeks to get parts in and reparied :gaah:

That sounds like a pretty good hit. Hopefully they will be able to make it as good as new for you. I am assuming at this point there was no frame damage done, which would be a very good thing as well.

Best of luck.

bone crusher
03-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Yes! We are doing a second amendment march in Hartford on 4/2. And yes, I agree w/ you about the Constitution being followed equally. If it was followed to begin with, Congress wouldn't be wasting tax payer dollars and time inventing new processes and laws that just add more bureaucracy to everyday life! I feel like I'm being suffocated.

Totally with ya...go by the Constitution and all is well...try to start making up your own stuff as you go along and we end up losing everything this country was built on.

Have fun with the march in April...I won't be there, but I'm there with you in spirit. May all the lines of the Constitution be followed in their entirety...enough with the corrosion of the document, on both sides of the political spectrum!

Donk45
03-13-2010, 06:38 PM
That's the great thing about America......anyone is free to believe whatever they want to. Without getting into what I believe in, I think the person trying to PUSH their beliefs is in the wrong. You have to respect that freedom.

..back to the thread, damn man, that sucks and Im glad you are okay.

Tom in NM
03-13-2010, 07:25 PM
That's the great thing about America......anyone is free to believe whatever they want to. Without getting into what I believe in, I think the person trying to PUSH their beliefs is in the wrong. You have to respect that freedom.

..back to the thread, damn man, that sucks and Im glad you are okay.

:agree: Though, I have to admit, Spyder Man got me wondering. I am not sure which religion believes that. I cannot recall any of the holy texts, Jesus, Mohammad or Buddha ever saying anything like that.

Tom

bandwagon
03-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Like all the others, I too I'm glad things turned out on a positive side for you b2k.

musicarcade
03-13-2010, 09:54 PM

"There are three kinds of lies; lies, damned lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain