PDA

View Full Version : Throttlemeister and Throttle Boss compatible?

gseely
02-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Please forgive my ignorance, but I just ordered a pair of Kuryakyn ISO grips with the Throttleboss. Can the Throttlemeister and Throttleboss be used together? If not, which one is recommended?

The one thing I don't like about the SE5 transmission is that I can't grip the clutch with my left hand so I can shake my right hand when it gets numb.

Thanks for your help.

M2Wild
02-24-2010, 12:26 PM
The Kury grips comes with its own end cap while TM needs an open end grip to work. TB is just a modified Kury end cap for Kury grip only. Its designed to let you use your palm to press down on the throttle and relax your fingers.

PS. No clutch on SE ... you mean SM5?

j45p3r
02-24-2010, 01:01 PM
PS. No clutch on SE ... you mean SM5?
I think he means the SE doesn't have a clutch so when he wants to shake his right hand to wake it up (ie let off the throttle) the bike immediately slows. If he had a clutch to pull in the bike would keep coasting while he shakes his hand.

gseely
02-24-2010, 02:06 PM
I think he means the SE doesn't have a clutch so when he wants to shake his right hand to wake it up (ie let off the throttle) the bike immediately slows. If he had a clutch to pull in the bike would keep coasting while he shakes his hand.

Yep, that's the problem.

RoadHammer
02-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Yep, that's the problem.
What i do is rest my palm on the throttle boss (obviously applying some pressure) and it keeps my bike @ a good 60-65 mph and i can play the imaginary piano on the rubber iso pads with my fingers. Keeps the blood flowing perfectly.
Positioning your boss in the perfect place is key ( I think) in maintaining your perfect cruise speed that you like. A little trial and error and you'll get it in the right spot.

your gonna love the boss. One of the best little mods i did on my spydie:D

Roger
02-24-2010, 03:24 PM
i like your american flag skull even though you are in Canada. :2thumbs:

RoadHammer
02-24-2010, 03:27 PM
i like your american flag skull even though you are in Canada. :2thumbs:
i couldnt find a kanuck one..:doorag:

SpyderWolf
02-24-2010, 09:12 PM
My wife has the Throttlemeister on hers and loves it. I just use one of the $10 Cramp Busters, and wiggle my fingers quite often as ferno stated.

bone crusher
02-24-2010, 09:24 PM
The TM is great...just set the throttle and turn the end a bit and you're good to go...great for highway use....it is a mechanical cruise and it works really well...also dampens some of the vibration in the handlebars...