PDA

View Full Version : Asheville bikefest 2010

spyderwoman
02-22-2010, 09:57 PM
Just wanted to pass this along. Asheville is having their bike rally in May, first time I've heard of this one! Go to www.ashevillebikefest.com (http://www.ashevillebikefest.com) for the info. BRP is one of the sponsers! It is May 13-16th. We only live about 50 minutes from there so we will be attending the weekend festivities. If you want to meet up we will be glad to lead a group up from Morganton!

SpyderWolf
02-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the information. I am adding it to my list of events I may be able to ryde to this year. :2thumbs:

There is a new one starting up in Greenville, SC, as well called the Southern Throttle Rally and it is scheduled for June 4-5. I don't know many details yet, but they also have a web site located here: http://www.southernthrottlerally.com/

That might be a nice ryde for y'all as well.

WackyDan
05-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Count me in!

Capt John
05-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Just wanted to pass this along. Asheville is having their bike rally in May, first time I've heard of this one! Go to www.ashevillebikefest.com (http://www.ashevillebikefest.com) for the info. BRP is one of the sponsers! It is May 13-16th. We only live about 50 minutes from there so we will be attending the weekend festivities. If you want to meet up we will be glad to lead a group up from Morganton!

Is BRP one of the sponsors? Or does BRP (in this case mean Blue Ridge Parkway)?

manchild
05-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Is BRP one of the sponsors? Or does BRP (in this case mean Blue Ridge Parkway)?

BRP in this case stands for Blue Ridge Parkway..in conjunction with the 75th anniversary of the parkway..but SPYDER is listed as one of many manufacturers at the event..Im not sure if that means a dealer or Can AM. It does sound like a cool event and my wife and I planning on attending. First long trip together on my Spyder:2thumbs:

spyderwoman
05-08-2010, 10:51 AM
My husband and I will be meeting a small group at the Coffee House on exit 100, I-40 at 9:00 am Saturday morning. Let me know if you want to ride up. Morganton is less than an hour from Asheville. Oh yeah BRP does mean Blue Ridge Parkway but yes Spyder is also a sponsor. My Spyder dealer East Tennessee ATV will have a booth there also. This rally is part of the 75th anniversary of the BRP. Hopefully they'll have our side open for the rally. They are working hard on it. We had a terrible ice storm this winter that did more damage than a tornado would to the trees. The parkway near Linville Falls looks like a war zone with so many trees down over the road. It is still closed but crews have finally started working on getting the trees off the road. They were working yesterday evening so maybe they are trying to get it ready for next weekend.

Ltownblue
05-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Vickie and I will meet you there at the Coffee House at 9. Should be an interesting day with the 40% chance of thunderstorms. See you Saturday!

WackyDan
05-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Well... May not make it now. Bah.