PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Packages...

NewRider
02-17-2010, 05:54 PM
A question: do any of you know somebody, preferably in central Indiana, capable of doing a perfecto installation of a graphics package on a Spyder?
A hole in my lower spine (souvenir of Vietnam) and hereditary tremulitis keep me from doing this myself. Any suggestion appreciated. Thank you!:spyder:;)

Trickie Dick
02-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Sorry I can't help you. No artistic ability. My wife won't even let me paint the inside of a closet.:yikes:

8LEGS
02-18-2010, 12:39 AM
Sorry I can't help you. No artistic ability. My wife won't even let me paint the inside of a closet.:yikes:

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Amanda B
02-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Is it a package that covers the entire bike? I put some graphics on my bike when it was red, they didn't cover the whole bike though. It really isn't too difficult if you can find someone with lots of patience, trying to keep the air bubbles out is the only difficult part as long as the panels are first cleaned with rubbing alcohol.

frank3
02-18-2010, 06:32 PM
I think you could use any good window tint place. It's the same type of application. Also, most GOOD body shops have someone on staff that's good with film/decal application. Good Luck

NewRider
02-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Thanks, Amanda and Frank3...

Those were things I hadn't considered. FYI...the graphics package I settled on is called "True Fire", from Spiralus Designs. It's gorgeous...costs about $280, as I recall.:f_spider:

Amanda B
02-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Thanks, Amanda and Frank3...

Those were things I hadn't considered. FYI...the graphics package I settled on is called "True Fire", from Spiralus Designs. It's gorgeous...costs about $280, as I recall.:f_spider:

I had some custom stuff done by Spiralus Designs, but it did not cover the entire bike. It took some time but I got it on without any air pockets.

NewRider
03-20-2010, 03:18 PM
To my delight...I didn't have to look far. Turns out we have a quality shop right here in Flora, that does great work:

Eagle Customs, 713 E. Columbia Street, Flora. Phone 574-967-4150...

I showed Doug the Spiralus Designs "True Flame" design I'm purchasing. He said he could do that, including prep, for about 200 bucks. He asks that the vehicle be brought in the night before, so he can wash and prep it properly, before laying on the Mylar. FYI, folks...:2thumbs:

carbolic
03-21-2010, 03:59 PM
I just ordered the Rain series from ALL Power Sports Graphics. This a fellow from Vancouver who has a large number of graphics packages available for the Spyder.

http://www.jetskidetailing.com/SPYDER-GRAPHICS.htm

I am pretty psyched to get this package on the Spyder. When done, I will post pictures.

1VENOM
03-21-2010, 04:27 PM
:yes: Peter @ Spyderdetailing.com did my package for me, its SPY-01 with modifications. Peter printed last week and cut it this weekend. In the mail on Monday. :D I'll also be doing Pics and maybe a small video. So far he seems to be a great person to by from, very reasonable. Local quoted me $1200.00, Peter is a lot less. He also has How To video's on his site to help.

spydrn
03-21-2010, 05:02 PM
[QUOTE=carbolic;190312]I just ordered the Rain series from ALL Power Sports Graphics. This a fellow from Vancouver who has a large number of graphics packages available for the Spyder.

That's the one I was going to order when I go back from my deployment. I was gonna get the dark blue one..

carbolic
04-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Takes 13 business days from CA to US- tracking is impossible. Peter has been very helpful. Hoping I get mine today but no way to know...:gaah:

:yes: Peter @ Spyderdetailing.com did my package for me, its SPY-01 with modifications. Peter printed last week and cut it this weekend. In the mail on Monday. :D I'll also be doing Pics and maybe a small video. So far he seems to be a great person to by from, very reasonable. Local quoted me $1200.00, Peter is a lot less. He also has How To video's on his site to help.

1VENOM
04-17-2010, 08:47 AM
Yes, I wore hole in the garage floor waiting for the package. It took 2 weeks for it to arrive. It took me 14 hours to install, but, I was, a total novice. Peter was helpful and when I contacted the USPS concerning the package they told me that US Customs was the delay. Good luck I hope you get it today. You will be impressed with the quality. I was told by Peter to lay out the graphics under a heat lamp, (not to close), this will staighten them out.

Questions
04-18-2010, 09:05 AM
a place in evansville called, I think, sign graphics..I believe that is the same place that does body wraps with clear.:spyder2:

NewRider
04-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Dang it!:gaah:Just when I had my mind set on a certain graphics package, the manufacturer brings out an even nicer one...:yikes:

carbolic
05-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Looks GREAT 1VENOM!

Goes on easy- a few minor glitches and I agree- Peter was both helpful and supportive.:thumbup:

SpyderSteve
05-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Looks GREAT 1VENOM!

Goes on easy- a few minor glitches and I agree- Peter was both helpful and supportive.:thumbup: :agree: peter is a great guy i installed mine myself and i made a mistake after explaining what i did he gladly replaced the piece for free! :2thumbs:

1VENOM
05-21-2010, 11:32 PM
:2thumbs: Very Nice Looking, qstick7. I like the colors.:thumbup: Now everyone will ask were you had it painted.:roflblack: Just smile;).

SpyderSteve
05-21-2010, 11:44 PM
thanks, people at work ask about the NEW PAINT JOB and i just smile, just changed shifts so i am riding home about 10 pm cannot believe how bright the gloriders are :2thumbs:

carbolic
05-22-2010, 08:10 AM
thanks, people at work ask about the NEW PAINT JOB and i just smile, just changed shifts so i am riding home about 10 pm cannot believe how bright the gloriders are :2thumbs:

Where did you get the front fender reflectors? (or are they additional lighting?)

Donzo
05-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Most of the graphic packages have 3M freetack - this is pretty forgiving sticky stuff. It allows you to take it on and off till you get it right. Once it is "perfect" you apply pressure and or let it sit in the sun. I put mine on - took 3 (pretty stressful!) hours - but came out great. I did it by myself - if I were to do it again I would have a friend there to help with the lining up etc. -

SpyderSteve
05-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Where did you get the front fender reflectors? (or are they additional lighting?) reflectors are stock, came with bike only extra lights i have are the gloriders, thats weird i see your bike does not have them, mine is a 09 maybe it is something they added in the 2nd year

carbolic
05-22-2010, 11:50 AM
reflectors are stock, came with bike only extra lights i have are the gloriders, thats weird i see your bike does not have them, mine is a 09 maybe it is something they added in the 2nd year

Figured it out- They are stock- Mine were removed when the first graphics went on. I bought mine used. Likely go through dealer- thanks

jeuchler
05-29-2010, 10:53 PM
OK, I removed the "gunmetal green" carbon fiber wraps (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=191366&postcount=14) and just put on a new set, after the new BRP comfort seat and new grips and DayRunners. Loose steering was fixed (again) and vehicle was inspected. Good to go, fingers crossed.

Now, I'm not quite as...flamboyant as some of my fellow spyderlovers. I was going for a bit more stealth, and a bit of subtlety.

Anyhow, I'm happy with it.

Graphic was a matte black set from Marc at Spiralusdesigns (http://www.spiralusdesign.com/).