PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Spyder?

groundeffect
02-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Dirty Spyder:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=635&pictureid=7737

The circle indicates where most of the road gunk accumulates - just ahead of the bracket holding the pipe to the frame, on the back side of the pipe.

What do you guys use to clean road salt off your Spyder? In particular, the pipe and metal components?

Roadsalt is not good for any vehicle; How long do you usually go without washing salt off your :spyder2:?

Got any pictures of your :spyder2: covered in dirt? :)

Cheers.

SPYDDER
02-17-2010, 10:23 AM
I would never even think of subjecting my Spyder to winter road salt conditions:yikes: heat and moisture activate the chemical reaction of the metal. It will get into places that you will never clean.:dontknow:

groundeffect
02-17-2010, 10:27 AM
I would never even think of subjecting my Spyder to winter road salt conditions:yikes: heat and moisture activate the chemical reaction of the metal. It will get into places that you will never clean.:dontknow:

Isn't it the same with a car, or truck on salty roads?:dontknow:

My Spyder is my only means of transportation (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17208) ;)

Thank you.

Anyone else?

mxz600
02-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Looking at your Spyder just reinforces my reasoning for never riding on salty roads.
If that were my Spyder I would immediately rinse the salt off as soon as I got it home. I would also dry it off the best I could (heated garage?). I also notice you use a shock cover. I personally would not use those. On the one hand it may keep the shock from moisture and contaminates, it can also trap moisture if it ever penetrates the cover(just my 2 cents).

groundeffect
02-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Looking at your Spyder just reinforces my reasoning for never riding on salty roads.
If that were my Spyder I would immediately rinse the salt off as soon as I got it home. I would also dry it off the best I could (heated garage?). I also notice you use a shock cover. I personally would not use those. On the one hand it may keep the shock from moisture and contaminates, it can also trap moisture if it ever penetrates the cover(just my 2 cents).

Thanks for the note.

So, how about driving cars and trucks through the winter - is there a difference, really? :dontknow: If so, what are the actual differences?

I guess a periodic check under the shock covers is a good idea. Thanks.
Cheers.

mxz600
02-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Isn't it the same with a car, or truck on salty roads?:dontknow: Yes it is. And you should see the rust on the undercarriage of my '05 F-150.:yikes:
And you would be hard pressed to find one rusty bolt on my '05 Sportster.:D

My Spyder is my only means of transportation (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17208) ;) You might want to check into getting an old beater to drive when the roads are coverd with salt.

groundeffect
02-17-2010, 10:48 AM
So,

Yes it is. And you should see the rust on the undercarriage of my '05 F-150.:yikes:
And you would be hard pressed to find one rusty bolt on my '05 Sportster.:D

You don't drive your sportster in the winter, ah ;). But if you did, it was have rust!? Right?

Thank you.

Tom in NM
02-17-2010, 11:04 AM
See this thread, postings 32 and 33 .

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17017&highlight=rust+dealer+salt&page=2

This is probably part of the kind of solution you will need.

Here in the South West, while they use 'salt' or whatever de-icing compound that is popular now days, they don't use that much. It is not at all like the problem you face. Usually, a wash off and detailer takes care of things. When I check under the body panels, I don't find any salt deposits.

Tom

RoadHammer
02-17-2010, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much, just give r a good rinse when your done riding

M2Wild
02-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Chemical rinse such as Salt-Away helps but can get expensive. I use it on my jet skiies when I come back from salt water rides.

jeuchler
02-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Dirty Spyder:

Roadsalt is not good for any vehicle; How long do you usually go without washing salt off your :spyder2:?

Ha!

Don't believe me, but I drove 54 miles yesterday in the falling snow/slush/salt and stopped at work to hose it down ("prewash?") before heading the last 6.6 miles home--where I washed it.

I swear I could hear cast metal parts deteriorating as I rode...

(Now that would make a good scrolling error message: CHECK DETERIORATING PARTS...)

groundeffect
02-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the useful replies, guys!

See this thread, postings 32 and 33 .

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17017&highlight=rust+dealer+salt&page=2

This is probably part of the kind of solution you will need.

Here in the South West, while they use 'salt' or whatever de-icing compound that is popular now days, they don't use that much. It is not at all like the problem you face. Usually, a wash off and detailer takes care of things. When I check under the body panels, I don't find any salt deposits.

Tom
Tom, thanks for your note on this. Very similar to Rust Check spray by the sound of things.

Cheers.

dltang
02-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Dirty Spyder:

The circle indicates where most of the road gunk accumulates - just ahead of the bracket holding the pipe to the frame, on the back side of the pipe.

What do you guys use to clean road salt off your Spyder? In particular, the pipe and metal components?

Got any pictures of your :spyder2: covered in dirt? :)

Cheers.

Just spray it off periodically. A deterrent that was mentioned to us, (we haven't used it yet) spray those nooks and crannies with Pam cooking oil or something similar. It will act as a protective barrier between hose downs. Also, on a side note, having had our engines taken apart, I did ask if winter riding had anything to do with the trouble they were finding. I was told NO, absolutely not. As a matter of fact, there was no real noticeable difference in my spyder and other spyder's that were not ridden in the winter as far as any corrosion and such goes. So, just take care of it an ride it. That is what you bought it for.

groundeffect
02-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Anyone want to take a stab at this one:

Any comments on what is so different from riding a Spyder or truck or car in the winter under the same conditions. Generally most people do not undercoat their cars/trucks on a regular basis, or wash them regularly in the winter months. Why should Spyders be any different?

1. No difference, salt eats away at cars/trucks/Spyders all about equally, period!

2. Give her a wash and spray anti-rust solution where you can on the undercarriage and wherever else you can, and ryde!

3. Other - please advise?!

Thanks

groundeffect
02-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Just spray it off periodically. A deterrent that was mentioned to us, (we haven't used it yet) spray those nooks and crannies with Pam cooking oil or something similar. It will act as a protective barrier between hose downs. Also, on a side note, having had our engines taken apart, I did ask if winter riding had anything to do with the trouble they were finding. I was told NO, absolutely not. As a matter of fact, there was no real noticeable difference in my spyder and other spyder's that were not ridden in the winter as far as any corrosion and such goes. So, just take care of it an ride it. That is what you bought it for.

:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Indeed, you are right, that is why I purchased my Spyder. For me, it is my main and only vehicle, by choice. I do want to and will take care of my Spyder by washing and protecting against rust by using protective spray, ... but it is a vehicle like any other, IMHO ( like a car or truck or what ever you ride on the roads in the window months, aside from the obvious differences, of course).

Thanks for your reply on this!
Cheers.

RoadHammer
02-17-2010, 12:27 PM
I think it's psychological for some people. some will ride the snow some wont. Some cant stand a speck of dirt on the spyder and for some it don't bother them.
If i had no choice i would use the spyder in the winter and wouldn't think twice about it.

Roaddog2
02-17-2010, 12:46 PM
I think it's psychological for some people. some will ride the snow some wont. Some cant stand a speck of dirt on the spyder and for some it don't bother them.
If i had no choice i would use the spyder in the winter and wouldn't think twice about it.:agree:S-100 is a great product for a good washing and has been around for years and is also Biodegradable :doorag:

j45p3r
02-17-2010, 12:49 PM
I think the Spyder is no different than any other vehicle when it comes to rust and corrosion. If it's your only ride then go ahead and ride, just understand that over time it will most likely begin to rust and corrode just like a car would. I have a GMC truck that I choose to drive in the winter so that my Spyder will last and be in excellent condition for as long as possible.

mxz600
02-17-2010, 01:19 PM
I say do whatever it is you're comfortable with. I just choose not to ride mine in the winter.
Take the advice from people about rust prevention and rise it off regularly and you will be fine. After all a lot of the Spyder is under plastic so when it begins to rust you won't see most of it anyway.
I just think if you continue to give it a regular salt bath it will deteriorate prematurely(cosmetically not structurally). If you compare a couple of 5 year old snowmobiles, one being transported on a open trailer and one in an enclosed, you can for sure tell a difference. Some people care, some people don't.

Tom in NM
02-17-2010, 01:25 PM
. . . . . I swear I could hear cast metal parts deteriorating as I rode...

(Now that would make a good scrolling error message: CHECK DETERIORATING PARTS...)

Being 61, I am sure I would set off that message all the time! :yikes:

Tom

QuadManiac
02-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Being 61, I am sure I would set off that message all the time! :yikes:

Tom

He said PARTS, not OLD FARTS! :ohyea:

dave01
02-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Glad to see you are out ryding your Spyder. That was the reason to buy it, right?
While I have no snow here, I get a ton of salt from the ocean air and i give her a good bath each week and spray it down with a water hose in between if I see salt build-up.
Corrosion-X is great after her bath and it protects the metal parts real good.
Zaino is great for the bodywork. Nothing will stick to it, not even decals..LOL. Trust me, I tried to get tape to stick with no luck.

groundeffect
02-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Guys, I appreciate all of your comments, thank you so much for sharing.:thumbup:

When I purchased my Spyder I planned on having it as my only vehicle (just like my previous motorcycle), so that is what I will be using my Spyder for. So I have decided to ride in the winter, at least when it's not icy and stormy, in a temperature above -10C (above 15F), as I have been doing.

So far I have been washing my Spyder every 2-3 days on average and have been riding since it has been not stormy the last couple weeks. What I plan on doing is washing at least once, and using rust check between washes to help protect against the salt and other road grime. In fact the coating of rust check may allow me to go 1-2 weeks without a wash, maybe more.

Also note that I have shock covers installed. The front ones are doing their job well, and most dirt does not get in there at all and keeps things pretty bone dry. The Rear shock, however, gets hammered with dirt from the rear tire. As such the cover is always caked with dirt when you ride through dirt. Better it be on the cover then that shock, I say. However, I have taken the rear cover off to find some dirt, which I will be keeping an eye on to clean periodically, when doing my normal washes. I'd much rather have the dirt on the cover then the shock, keeping in mind I'll be under there cleaning it ever so often anyways.

Again, thank you for your help, advise and suggestions, everyone! :2thumbs:

Cheers.
Dean

groundeffect
02-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Glad to see you are out ryding your Spyder. That was the reason to buy it, right?

You got it!

:thumbup:. Thanks for the note, Dave.

jgwoods
02-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Mine is dirtier than yours- I ride it every day, snow, slush, salt, mud, crud, and it is really dirty now.
I don't care.
I will wash it later.
It won't hurt it if you get it good and clean once in a while and put some lube where it's needed- passenger peg pivots, etc.

Some people are just impractical and think the Spyder is a toy. I think it is a practical utility vehicle with some limitations- like it won't climb a snowy hill for beans- I had to walk the last two hundred yards to work today when I couldn't get up the hill.

It's a machine, I don't worship it, I use it. I get it dirty, then I clean it. I have a warranty and I am going to enjoy the ride, or let BRP fix it.

groundeffect
02-17-2010, 03:55 PM
I think it is a practical utility vehicle

:agree:

And a fun one at that ;)

Mine is dirtier than yours-

Ok, where are the pictures ;)

thanks for your reply.

COOLMACHINE
02-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Even in the middle of the winter, if I get a nice day out there, above 32, not raining or snowing, I'm on my Spyder and riding. I can't help myself! I loves to ride ! :D I'll clean the Spyder when weather allows.
My 66 Buick.... NO Way! It stays out of the salt and ice/snow.

jgwoods
02-17-2010, 05:34 PM

And a fun one at that ;)

Ok, where are the pictures ;)

thanks for your reply.
Too dark for pix now, I'll take some tomorrow unless i go to the carwash first!

groundeffect
02-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Too dark for pix now, I'll take some tomorrow unless i go to the carwash first!

Haha... ok, sounds good.:thumbup:

SpyderSteve
02-17-2010, 07:25 PM
dean, can't you find a winter beater. i bought 1 for $800.00 3 years ago, saved my previous ride {54 ford f 100} from winter, no way after paying 20k for a spyder it will see winter!

jgwoods
02-17-2010, 07:46 PM
No way I'm paying $$$$ and NOT riding in the Winter!

groundeffect
02-17-2010, 08:09 PM
No way I'm paying $$$$ and NOT riding in the Winter!

vs

no way after paying 20k for a spyder it will see winter!

I guess it all comes down to what we purchased the Spyder for. For me, personally it was to ride as my only vehicle (personal goal of mine), so this is what I have decided, to ride through the winter as much as possible.

I guess it comes down 'to-each his/her own'.

I think this is an interesting discussion though, so thanks for the comments so far, guys!

Others are welcome to comment, please join in.

Cheers.

groundeffect
02-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Since I get a good layer (accumulated) in the area here in red

I thought that maybe there was an exhaust leak or something. Anyhow, after just opening the garage door (to the world of freezing drizzle out there and icy drive and roads), I started my Spyder and ran my hand along (but not touching) the pipes, after I cleaned them. I didn't find any leaks or air pushing out in any other areas but the dual exhaust ports at the end of the pipe. :2thumbs:. Seems that the area that gets layered more then others is because of the way the dirt and water runs under and splashes under the pipe.

I also just finished lifting my Spyder and coating the metal components (not brakes, pads, discs, etc...), undercarriage with rust check in an attempt to help protect it against the remainder of the winter weather.

cheers.

SpyderWolf
02-17-2010, 10:41 PM
You are doing what you can to protect it. Fact is most people are going to treat their toys much better than they treat their day to day vehicles. While others have that option, you obviously do not at this time. The road salt will eat away at all of the other vehicles as you mentioned, it is just that most of the people driving those vehicles don't really care too much about it. They know it is a fact of life that eventually the car will rust out.

Arthur---Mexico
02-17-2010, 11:44 PM
To Groundeffect from Arthur---Mexico City

The little circle of dirt on your Spy should have been a big circle over the whole rear end of your Spy. We don't have snow down here and I don't ride in mud but I to ride on dirty wet streets sometimes. I made a rear fender extention out of rolled #18 gauge stainless steal that continues the rear fender forward to about the hight of the rear axle because I saw it coming, all the dirt that would accumulate under the rear seat area. I couldn't see myself cleaning the shock and the rest of the area with a tooth brush after a wet street ride. An rear fender extention really keeps things clean.

groundeffect
02-18-2010, 05:46 AM
To Groundeffect from Arthur---Mexico City

The little circle of dirt on your Spy should have been a big circle over the whole rear end of your Spy. We don't have snow down here and I don't ride in mud but I to ride on dirty wet streets sometimes. I made a rear fender extention out of rolled #18 gauge stainless steal that continues the rear fender forward to about the hight of the rear axle because I saw it coming, all the dirt that would accumulate under the rear seat area. I couldn't see myself cleaning the shock and the rest of the area with a tooth brush after a wet street ride. An rear fender extention really keeps things clean.

That's a pretty creative idea, nice work. Feel free to upload pictures to share, if you have any on hand.

Recently, before I started really riding my Spyder (it's new), I installed some Shock Cover (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17245)s. While they don't keep 100% of the dirt off the rear shock, they do get about 98% and I'm ok with that. It's a big help.

Thanks for your post.
Cheers.

groundeffect
02-18-2010, 05:48 AM
You are doing what you can to protect it. Fact is most people are going to treat their toys much better than they treat their day to day vehicles. While others have that option, you obviously do not at this time. The road salt will eat away at all of the other vehicles as you mentioned, it is just that most of the people driving those vehicles don't really care too much about it. They know it is a fact of life that eventually the car will rust out.

Thanks, SpyderWolf for your post! Well stated and you summed up the situation very well!
:2thumbs:

RoadHammer
02-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Here's a suggestion. Get yourself one of those electric antirust gizmos that they use on cars/trucks.

jsmiley
02-18-2010, 10:00 PM
whatever you use, be careful with the power washer! knocked the black paint right off of mine with justa quick touch at the car wash. I replaced it with TBR though so no worries.

bone crusher
02-18-2010, 10:17 PM

I disagree...cars have protection over the vital areas...whether they be skid pads or other barriers. A motorcycle is more open and more susceptible to corrosion.

As far as rusting, car paint and clear coat are quite good these days...this isn't the 70s or early 80s...you can buy a new car and never wash/wax it for years and you'll be okay. With a bike, your vital pipes are not protected and will rust/degrade faster...

The Spyder does offer some protection over a conventional two wheeler, but it is still more open than a car...

groundeffect
02-19-2010, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the comments.

I have my Spyder on a lift now in the garage and I'm in the process of finishing up spraying the undercarriage and all of the exposed areas with Red Rust Check. I'm obviously avoiding things like the belt, hoses, brakes, pads, discs etc... I've laid some cardboard down to catch the drips while letting it seep and settle.

I've talked with several mechanics about it and they said it is a great way to go and it will really help protect my Spyder. They say there is an undercoating for cars and trucks which are still sold every winter to help protect from salt and rust, etc... They coats are not on the cars by default and usually cost much much more then a few cans of rust check.

Two of them have said that I'm taking better care of my Spyder then most people would care for their car (ie: who don't get the undercoating).

I'm hoping the rust check in between washes will protect my Spyder. Everything I've read and heard about doing this process, shows it is a good way to go, for my purposes of riding through the winter months. So my fingers are crossed.

As for washing - thanks for the tip - But I don't normally use pressure / power washers, as they tend to push grease/lubricate out, and water in the of nooks and crannies. So, I usually a normal garden hose (shower mod) to wet my Spyder down, then I apply mild cleaning solution/soap, scrub/wipe the panels, rims, pipe, etc... I will let it drip dry a little while if I can (if the temps are not freezing haha) and get her inside my heated garage and finish the wipe down and drying process.

For the areas where dirt really accumulates, I'll use the Jet mode on my garden hose, but I'm careful where I aim it.

thanks.

jgwoods
02-19-2010, 05:20 PM
Pretty dirty.

nickcaro
02-19-2010, 09:39 PM
I normally stop in at one of those self service wash bays and grab the pressure washer. I leave the engine running and spray it from every angle. The place I go to has a slight incline at the rear of the bay, so I throw the spyder in reverse, let the clutch out slowly and spray down the belt. I'll do this a few times over about 15 feet.

The other spot you want to look at is the small belt sprocket in the front. The dirt and salt have a way of traveling with the belt and will build up on the engine and all around your oil filter cover. I take some extra time to get the water in there as well.

Then I get back on the highway before the water freezes something in place.

jgwoods
02-19-2010, 09:52 PM
I normally stop in at one of those self service wash bays and grab the pressure washer. I leave the engine running and spray it from every angle. The place I go to has a slight incline at the rear of the bay, so I throw the spyder in reverse, let the clutch out slowly and spray down the belt. I'll do this a few times over about 15 feet.

The other spot you want to look at is the small belt sprocket in the front. The dirt and salt have a way of traveling with the belt and will build up on the engine and all around your oil filter cover. I take some extra time to get the water in there as well.

Then I get back on the highway before the water freezes something in place.

Thanks Nick, I'm hitting the wash bay tomorrow.

groundeffect
02-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Nick, thanks so much for your reply on this thread. As most know you seem to ride through the winter, and snow and salt. I am doing the same and have noticed this:

That's a great point and I'll continue to keep an eye on this location also.

thanks again.
Cheers from Newfoundland.

groundeffect
02-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Pretty dirty.

Yep, that's a dirty Spyder, a good cleaning and you'll be ready for the roads again.

I've finished my rust check spray coating on the undercarriage. I hope tomorrow will be clear enough to go and do some riding.

Cheers and Ryde Safe.

SpyderWolf
02-19-2010, 10:03 PM
This is what mine looked like when we went to Maggie Valley in September of 2009. We were supposed to stay in a log cabin that the owners said was motorcycle friendly. It ended up being a really steep hill climb in the mud, and a low rider Harley and new Suzuki Boulevard owner refused to attempt it. We ended up riding into town and finding a different place to stay.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=654&pictureid=7803

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=654&pictureid=7804

DynamoBT
02-19-2010, 10:06 PM
zOMG!!!!!:yikes:

SpyderWolf
02-19-2010, 11:01 PM
zOMG!!!!!:yikes:

There is a pretty good chance that some of that is Buffalo feces as well. As I said, it was nowhere near as motorcycle friendly as they claimed. Also, the paved road they showed in the pictures was only about the length of a driveway, the rest of it was nothing but dirt and it had been raining before we got there. The same junk actually clogged the radiator fins on the new Boulevard.

NancysToy
02-19-2010, 11:13 PM
There is a pretty good chance that some of that is Buffalo feces as well. As I said, it was nowhere near as motorcycle friendly as they claimed. Also, the paved road they showed in the pictures was only about the length of a driveway, the rest of it was nothing but dirt and it had been raining before we got there. The same junk actually clogged the radiator fins on the new Boulevard.
"Motorcycle Friendly" usually means that they don't close the front gate in your face...or take after you with a shotgun. From there on, you're on your own. :roflblack::roflblack:

SpyderWolf
02-19-2010, 11:21 PM
"Motorcycle Friendly" usually means that they don't close the front gate in your face...or take after you with a shotgun. From there on, you're on your own. :roflblack::roflblack:

You should have heard the conversation between the lowered HD owner, who made the reservation, and the owner of the property. They said there nephew rides his motorcycle up there all the time. When asked what type of motorcycle it was they said a dirt bike.

My Spyder actually made it up the hill. I was standing on the foot pegs and the engine kept jaybraking all the way up. The way back down was a little scary though as the anti-lock brakes kept fighting back very hard and I slid part of the way down. There was no way the 2 wheelers were going to be able to keep riding that hill safely with it raining for the next several days.

truck 85
02-20-2010, 12:15 AM
i have a little over a 1/4 mile of gravle driveway so my spyder is always dirty i dont like it but would not give up riding in the winter for any thing.

bjt
02-20-2010, 10:11 AM

It says motorcycle friendly, not motorcycle accessible. :D

groundeffect
02-20-2010, 10:24 AM
i have a little over a 1/4 mile of gravle driveway so my spyder is always dirty i dont like it but would not give up riding in the winter for any thing.

:2thumbs:

groundeffect
02-20-2010, 10:25 AM
SpyderWolf, a good wash and she will be like new again! Although, I can't help but think a shock cover would have been nice ;).

:2thumbs: for riding through it, good stuff!
Cheers.

This is what mine looked like when we went to Maggie Valley in September of 2009. We were supposed to stay in a log cabin that the owners said was motorcycle friendly. It ended up being a really steep hill climb in the mud, and a low rider Harley and new Suzuki Boulevard owner refused to attempt it. We ended up riding into town and finding a different place to stay.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=654&pictureid=7803

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=654&pictureid=7804

mvengineer
02-20-2010, 12:57 PM
I just got back from a two- hour beautiful ride. Nice and sunny @ 35 degrees. Yes some salt dust on the road but dry. I can even taste the salt residue on my lips.
I have decided I am not going to deprive myself from possibly 4 months of this kind of riding in Michigan. Heck that is one third of a year. I will be going out again as soon as I am done typing this post for a couple more hours, no idea where I am going!!!. Love it and that is why I bought my fun toy, not to admire it at a static mode for four months of winter I will spray it with warm water and dry it when I am done tomorrow. Who cares if it lasts 10 years with use, instead of 15 with little use. RIDE AND ENJOY WHENEVER YOU CAN. LIFE IS TOO SHORT. GOOD DAY TO YOU.

jgwoods
02-20-2010, 01:35 PM
If I'm lucky I have 10 years to enjoy it and I'll be pushing daisys. I can ride it 12 months a year and that's what I plan on doing.
Ride it, enjoy it, use it up, wear it out, get another one.

SpyderWolf
02-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Dean, that was the one and only time so far that my Spyder has ever been to the power sprayer car wash. ;) I was as careful as I could be with where I sprayed it with the high pressure, but really had no other choice at that point. It came off fairly easy using that method, along with the built in soap dispenser. :D

groundeffect
02-20-2010, 10:11 PM
I have decided I am not going to deprive myself from possibly 4 months of this kind of riding in Michigan. Heck that is one third of a year. I will be going out again as soon as I am done typing this post for a couple more hours, no idea where I am going!!!.

I can ride it 12 months a year and that's what I plan on doing.
Ride it, enjoy it, use it up, wear it out, get another one.

Dean, that was the one and only time so far that my Spyder has ever been to the power sprayer car wash. I was as careful as I could be with where I sprayed it with the high pressure, but really had no other choice at that point. It came off fairly easy using that method, along with the built in soap dispenser.

Awesome, Michael! :thumbup:

brutus450
02-21-2010, 07:26 AM
I am thinking about riding my snowmobile 12 months out of the year:D

JK - have fun getting it dirty......I think cleaning is half the fun anways