PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think??

Amanda B
02-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Okay, so I don't like the rims I have on my bike now that I put the Phantom kit on (they scream look at me too much with the phantom kit)...so I am going to order the newer black ones...but I think maybe that is too much black...so I was thinking of having them powder coated a gun metal gray color to give them a little pizzazz. Do you think that would look good or would sticking with the all black look better? I even tried to photo shop it so I'd get a better idea, unfortunately my photo shopping skills are horrible (see attached...and don't laugh too hard...okay laugh hard, I am)...so I don't know!

tatt2r
02-13-2010, 09:21 AM
all black works for me

Trickie Dick
02-13-2010, 09:50 AM
all black works for me
:agree:but I haven't seen the gunmetal gray. I like the idea though.:dontknow:

Amanda B
02-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Maybe I should be the first to try the gunmetal gray...I don't think it will look bad. It will probably look nice, just maybe not as nice...won't know until someone tries it I guess.

retread
02-13-2010, 12:33 PM
How about a gray/gold/white pinstripe on the wheels? Some contrast, anyway.

john

SpyderWolf
02-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Maybe I should be the first to try the gunmetal gray...I don't think it will look bad. It will probably look nice, just maybe not as nice...won't know until someone tries it I guess.

Someone always has to be first. :)

I think it might look pretty good as well. The gray could offset all of the black body panels nicely, and possibly give it a tougher look with the gunmetal finish. The big thing is you need to make sure that "you" are going to be happy with the choice. Whether "we: like it or not is not really all that important.

Amanda B
02-13-2010, 10:01 PM
I think I'll like it, but I also like the black...so it's a hard choice! I will probably end up trying gun metal...I have that color of rims on my car and I really like them. Just trying to make sure it won't look stupid!

SpyderWolf
02-14-2010, 09:19 AM
Of course you will need to post pictures once it is done. :)

I had a difficult decision to make when deciding what skin I was going to try for my Spyder as well. Not actually seeing it against the yellow Spyder I did not know what to expect. Once it arrived and we started applying it, I was very pleased with the choice. Hopefully this will be the same with your rims.

LDFIREWORKS
02-14-2010, 09:48 AM
all blk:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Amanda B
02-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Found a guy that will powder coat stuff....looked on his site...thinking SD black...looks gray though. Check the picture

SpyderWolf
02-14-2010, 10:12 AM
:2thumbs: I like the looks of those. Very cool.

Amanda B
02-15-2010, 05:49 PM
How about green and yellow, with purple struts? :joke:

apparently, if that's what one likes...he can do it...but you might get madefun of.