PDA

View Full Version : Risers

GPrice
02-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Has anyone seen the new kewlmetal risers.Do you think they will lock down enough not to move seeing we have to put a lot of force on them.

Mad Matt
02-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Has anyone seen the new kewlmetal risers.Do you think they will lock down enough not to move seeing we have to put a lot of force on them.

You can not move them once the bolts are tight. Same clamping geometry as the other risers and all motorcycle risers for that matter.

Matt

Tom in NM
02-09-2010, 12:11 AM
I like the looks and they look like they are more adjustable.

Very nice. If I didn't already have risers (which I like), I would get these.

Tom

JimAlpha
02-09-2010, 04:36 AM
Looks like a very flexible set of risers. Nice design!

Do they only come in black? Looked like a silver set in your video but only shows black on your order page.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txVGu8S1ZBM

WackyDan
02-09-2010, 08:56 AM
Those are pretty cool!

Recluze
02-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Those look like they integrate with the existing bike very well and then appear to be very adjustable. I like.

I have a question; How difficult is it to install something like this? I have never replaced a handlebar or added risers to a bike and don't want to get in over my head.

Any help would be appreciated.

madjack
02-09-2010, 10:55 AM
I just finished changing over to the Kewlmetal adjustable riser. I had already done the 4" riser install, so to switch was a breeze.

The biggest advantege with this set up is the wide range of adjustability, something the 4" risers couldn't do. Plus if you ever decide to install a handbrake, the Kewlmetal system allows much less interference issues with the reservoir.

As far as the range of difficulty to install, is very subjective to the individuals mechanical ability. But for me this was a 4 on a scale of 10. Just remember to measure twice, cut once.

I only wish is, that this product had been out there when I did it the first time, Thanks Matt, at Kewlmetals, for bringing this new option to the :spyder2: community. Gene

Rando
02-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Will these work if I want to replace the NMN risers that I currently have installed?

madjack
02-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Yes, in fact ,you can leave the controls on the bar their mounted on. Takes about 5 min, per side to swap over.

Sarge707
02-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Cool! Would these work with the 2 3/8 Inch Spyder City Billet riser I now have?:dontknow:

moroccomole2004
02-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Yep those do look sweet.... But I just recently got my 4" ESI risers and will stick with them for a bit. Can't be jumping to them and spend 300 bucks!

Again they look sweet...

Mole :spyder2:

timpani
02-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Really good looking stuff. :2thumbs: I would definately have switched to these if I sill had my GS.

SpyderByter
02-10-2010, 07:41 AM
I like the looks and they look like they are more adjustable.

Very nice. If I didn't already have risers (which I like), I would get these.

Tom

:agree:

The 4 inch risers I put on my SM5 are great, but these are more adjustable. The hardest part on the riser install on the original risers was reassembling the left side control after passing the reverse cable thru the hole in the risers. This design eliminates that process. Having that cable thru there also limits the adjustability. I would not want to drive the Spyder for more than an hour without my risers, but I may be talking myself into a change.

It will have to wait till next Winter. I already have a few projects going on with modifications and acc's. The Syder is all apart in the garage with a new rear tire, waiting for the air shock install, and a couple of tat2r's "no more squeal" springs. Once I get the rear end down, the front end goes up for tip lights and HID fog lights. I also want to try turning the mudflap lights into Brake lights. Meanwhile I got BRP pass footpeg extenders and Ken's "no more oil in the airbox" filter for the breather hose. Still deciding if I should wrap the pipes. The heat bothers me, but the possible downside to wrapping the pipes concern me.

:thumbup: on the design Matt!

M2Wild
02-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Still deciding if I should wrap the pipes. The heat bothers me, but the possible downside to wrapping the pipes concern me.
I am trying out Thermo-Tec's clamp-on exaust shield. It's not tightly wrapped rather it has air space between the shield and pipe wall (hopefully lowering the compartment temp yet still not having the pipe heated to the point where it may cause a problem). I got a 3' footer and a 1' footer. Both shields ends where pipes exit the compartment at the bottom.