PDA

View Full Version : Certified Mechanic ??

TexasTripod
02-07-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm looking for a Certified,Can-Am Trained Spyder mechanic at a Dealership in the Houston area. Does this rare species exist or am I going to be stuck with a glorified parts changer? My spyder is having steering issues like so many others and I don't have the patience nor the time to keep trailering this thing back and forth to Houston!! Any info is appreciated.

ozzie
02-07-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm looking for a Certified,Can-Am Trained Spyder mechanic at a Dealership in the Houston area. Does this rare species exist or am I going to be stuck with a glorified parts changer? My spyder is having steering issues like so many others and I don't have the patience nor the time to keep trailering this thing back and forth to Houston!! Any info is appreciated.

I use mancuso power sports in la marque they sell the most spyders in the houston area. Tech’s there seem very knowable. They’ve been selling and servicing the spyder since 08. Although I haven’t had any experience with them on major problems - only recalls and services. Good luck - hope to see you out riding soon.

Team Mancuso Powersports - South
4525 Gulf Freeway La Marque TX 77568
Phone: 409-938-4820 Fax: 409-938-3609
Toll Free Phone: 800-342-7151

TexasTripod
02-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Thanks Ozzie,they're number one on my list so far.

fastfraser
02-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Sorry they are extinct since the GREAT RECALL of 09.:roflblack::roflblack: Sorry couldn't resist. If you do find the creature please let everyone know .

TexasTripod
02-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Sorry they are extinct since the GREAT RECALL of 09.:roflblack::roflblack: Sorry couldn't resist. If you do find the creature please let everyone know .
Good One!! I have several friends that are ASE certified auto mechanics and two that are factory trained motorcycle techs. I would love to see at least ONE factory trained Spyder tech. at each Dealership! If you're going to sell it you should be able to fix it!!!

Batmobile
02-07-2010, 09:30 PM
I have had success with Wild West Honda in Katy.:thumbup:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13826

sts
02-10-2010, 01:15 AM
Well there are a lot of people on here that can agree with what I will say. You can bring it to my shop in Lytle and I can promise it will be done right. JUST SO YoU KNOW BRP does require the store to be certified to work on the bikes. SO YES they do have certificiation but it is what you put into it. Call me if you have any questions I would be more than happy to try to help you. I know it is a ways but I can try to help you.

TexasTripod
02-17-2010, 08:23 PM
See my follow-up post in General Discussion.

Brevet05
02-17-2010, 08:39 PM
Well there are a lot of people on here that can agree with what I will say. You can bring it to my shop in Lytle and I can promise it will be done right. JUST SO YoU KNOW BRP does require the store to be certified to work on the bikes. SO YES they do have certificiation but it is what you put into it. Call me if you have any questions I would be more than happy to try to help you. I know it is a ways but I can try to help you.

I'm not 'Houston far' from Lytle, but I do have to travel a fair bit to get there, but trust me, it's been worth it for the peace of mind of knowing that my Spyder's been ably repaired and maintained. South Texas Suzuki has done all of the work on my Spyder, and all has been better than I could have asked. Great folks doing great work!:2thumbs:

TexasTripod
02-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Kelley, I got your PM but cannot respond by PM because my e-mail (Much like my Spyder) is not working. I appreciate your help and info and will keep you in mind. Guess it's time to start trying to repair my computer(Now where did I leave that DPS de-activation hammer I borrowed from Three -Wheel-Demon??)