I've been to there store and they are great, I highly recommend them
http://www.revzilla.com/product/cardo-scala-rider-g4

BumbleBee
02-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Ordered these a week ago from She-Rides.com:yes::yes::yes::yes:

"Scala Rider G4 Powerset Bluetooth Motorcycle Headsets"

bone crusher
02-01-2010, 09:11 PM
I have the scala rider Q2...not sure why I'd need the G4...I love the darn thing...connects with my iphone and 550 perfectly...wonder if I can connect a bluetooth ipod to it (using Sony bluetooth dongle)?? maybe, maybe not???

Donk45
02-01-2010, 09:25 PM
I have the scala rider Q2...not sure why I'd need the G4...I love the darn thing...connects with my iphone and 550 perfectly...wonder if I can connect a bluetooth ipod to it (using Sony bluetooth dongle)?? maybe, maybe not???

I too have the scala Q2 for me and the wifey...love em, but these new ones are BT stereo :clap:

Trickie Dick
02-01-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm going to buy something in the next 2 months. After reading the review on the Interphone F4(BlueAnt) I am definitely interested in that one. http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/interphone-f4/
I am going to wait for a review on the G4 when they do that one. I'm also going to check them out at the Dealer's Expo in a few weeks.

spyder3rdr
02-01-2010, 09:59 PM
I went with the...BlueAnt interphone F4...this time...I have a cardo Q2 and it has issues holding a radio station and it was mono...sometimes it was triggered by security systems on buildings(or something) and made phone calls...the F4 is stereo and got great reviews

Trickie Dick
02-01-2010, 10:03 PM
I went with the...BlueAnt interphone F4...this time...I have a cardo Q2 and it has issues holding a radio station and it was mono...sometimes it was triggered by security systems on buildings(or something) and made phone calls...the F4 is stereo and got great reviews

Please let me know how you like it. :helpsmilie: I read the review but I'd like a real world report.
Dick

bone crusher
02-01-2010, 11:01 PM
I too have the scala Q2 for me and the wifey...love em, but these new ones are BT stereo :clap:

Interesting...how can you get your mp3 player, like an ipod to 'mount' with the Q2...it says it can and it is in stereo...where the heck does it mount...I am missing something here...I've listened to the FM once or twice...that is certainly in stereo...the comparison above says the mp3 is in stereo too...how does that work?

Thanks...

NancysToy
02-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Interesting...how can you get your mp3 player, like an ipod to 'mount' with the Q2...it says it can and it is in stereo...where the heck does it mount...I am missing something here...I've listened to the FM once or twice...that is certainly in stereo...the comparison above says the mp3 is in stereo too...how does that work?

Thanks...
From what I read you need a Bluetooth enabled mp3 player. There may be such an animal, but I have never heard of one.

Donk45
02-02-2010, 08:49 AM
I use my phone (drioid) for maps and music, so the G4 will sync up with that and play both in Stereo. The Q2 from what I understand (and small tests) is stereo for anything plugged in and the radio, like an MP3 player.

Donk45
02-02-2010, 08:50 AM
From what I read you need a Bluetooth enabled mp3 player. There may be such an animal, but I have never heard of one.

You can buy the bt adapters like mentioned above as well.

Mo Lee
02-02-2010, 06:03 PM
I hate to show my age but I have never used Blue Tooth anything. I have read where these things connect to more than one device, does that mean at the same time or not. As example will the intercom and cell phone and fm radio work at the same time or do you have to chose what you hear.

bone crusher
02-03-2010, 12:42 AM

Scotty,

Do you think this will work when plugged into an ipod? I have an iPhone but it doesn't work with the music, at least it hasn't...anyone with a Q2 able to get the music to play from the iphone through the bluetooth?

Does anyone know if this Sony device will work with the ipod so as to send through Bluetooth to the Q2?

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/bluetooth-adapter-bluetooth-headphones/

Donk45
02-03-2010, 08:41 AM
I never got the Q2 to play music through BT on my old phone (HTC), sorry this probably doesnt help. If you do get it to play, it wont be stereo though.

Donk45
02-04-2010, 10:53 AM
I got my G4 yesterday. Only plugged it in to charge, havent messed with it yet. Seems a little more bulky than the Q2, but pretty nice. It has an antenna that folds up and down, im guessing for the radio.l

BumbleBee
02-04-2010, 11:05 AM
I got my G4 yesterday. Only plugged it in to charge, havent messed with it yet. Seems a little more bulky than the Q2, but pretty nice. It has an antenna that folds up and down, im guessing for the radio.l

:congrats: Mine will be shipping out soon also :2thumbs:

Let me know how you like them!

Donk45
02-04-2010, 01:20 PM
:congrats: Mine will be shipping out soon also :2thumbs:

Let me know how you like them!

Will do. Mine actually didnt come from Revzilla, it was a gift and ordered from somewhere else. When the guys at Revzilla told me they were shipping, the person who bought me the G4 called to cancel and they said...they arent supposed to be here until Feb 4th, but we can get his to him right away. It was funny....they were real nice too.

wukka
02-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Scotty,

Do you think this will work when plugged into an ipod? I have an iPhone but it doesn't work with the music, at least it hasn't...anyone with a Q2 able to get the music to play from the iphone through the bluetooth?

Does anyone know if this Sony device will work with the ipod so as to send through Bluetooth to the Q2?

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/bluetooth-adapter-bluetooth-headphones/

The main difference on whether or not the Q2 will bluetooth "mount" to a device is on the MONO vs. STEREO protocol. If it is MONO, it will recognize the device and you will hear MONO audio in helmet. If it is STEREO (A2DP), the Q2 will recognize it, but will not play it. Cardo got around this little shortcoming by building a hard-wire adapter kit that allows you to connect your stereo MP3 player directly to the Q2 for music. But then you are "tethered" to your music player.

Since the SONY device in your link is a A2DP STEREO BLUETOOTH device, it will not work with the Q2 but WILL work with the G4.

There are plenty of MONO bluetooth transmitters that would work with the Q2 if you don't mind listening to your audio/music in MONO. Otherwise, you need to step up to the G4, or another bluetooth helmet system that recognizes STEREO A2DP.

The G4 will work with ALL bluetooth devices (MONO and STEREO) as it recognizes the protocol for both. That alone makes it worth the price of admission. :)

SpyderGirl
02-04-2010, 03:45 PM
I like that BlueAnt system

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/blueant-interphone-f4-stereo-bluetooth-motorcycle-kit

We are using the original Interphone right now and LOVE IT! This is is even better because it streams music wirelessly.

Trickie Dick
02-04-2010, 10:21 PM
I think that antenna is for extended range for bike to bike. they advertise up to 1 mile I believe and the antenna is supposed to help with that. Stands to reason it would be used for FM reception as well.

wukka
02-05-2010, 04:29 PM
I think that antenna is for extended range for bike to bike. they advertise up to 1 mile I believe and the antenna is supposed to help with that. Stands to reason it would be used for FM reception as well.

I haven't seen/tried one of these out yet - but it would be REALLY cool if flipping the antenna up is what turns the unit on! ;)

docdoru
02-08-2010, 07:18 PM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/DSC00807.jpg?t=1265674152
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/DSC00808.jpg?t=1265674687

ArmyJoe
02-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Glad to see these are finally shipping. I've been looking to get one since November. Does anyone have a review?

Firefly
02-15-2010, 02:22 PM

Thanks...

The Q2 cannot receive Stereo Bluetooth. Nor can my Zumo 500 transmit Stereo Bluetooth---- so using an optional Stereo Bluetooth adapter like the Sony unit is an option.

I bout a Camos BHS500 on ebay real cheap (older model) and it can receive stereo Bluetooth.

I've played with various combinations and have yet to find the exact setup that I want. Things do link up better now that I have an i-phone. Guess it's time to charge everything up and play some more with it.

ArmyJoe
02-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Bump for a hands-on review.

altonk
02-26-2010, 11:50 PM
i tried the g2 and it sucked now i have a J&M

works great with my iphone

best speakers and sound quality that i have found

http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=30

Questions
03-03-2010, 04:41 PM
I dont like blueant at all. I bought it at the end of december. but was dissapointed after using it. it was not like the one I was thinking to be. I thought they would have improved the quality. They haven’t – the quality of the conversation above 60 is not good. I will soon return it.

czdaryle
03-03-2010, 08:43 PM

Thanks...

you need a Cardo BTA II Adapter. I used this with an ipod touch to the q2

Questions
03-04-2010, 04:14 AM
@ rider
I am facing the same problem. I bought the interphone new f4 and I would not recommend it. It is clunky to use and the voice quality over 60km is ordinary:gaah:

Donk45
03-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Just used my G4 for the first time yesterday (only music through my phone) and it was pretty good. It actually increases in volume the faster you go and one time was TOO loud.

bone crusher
03-17-2010, 04:20 PM
you need a Cardo BTA II Adapter. I used this with an ipod touch to the q2

Actually, the limitation is with the zumo 550...only 2 bluetooth connections...one for the scala, one for the iphone...would need a navi with more...

YPILOT
03-17-2010, 06:46 PM
We've been using the scala rider teamset for almost 2 years. Replacing it with the G4 powerset. Found a great deal and in stock. I ordered today and already shipped! Best price I've found. Regards Dennis

http://shop.TECHNCYCLEGEAR.COM (http://shop.techncyclegear.com/)

Trickie Dick
03-17-2010, 09:15 PM
I received the G4 powerset a few days ago. I agree with Donk45. It is loud:yikes: I had to turn mine down. In talking to the scala rep at the expo last month here in Indy, apparantly they reworked the innards and it more powerful and has a longer bike to bike range among other things. 2 things. First there is the beginning of a review on webbikeworld.com They are testing it and comparing it with the Interphone F4 and another brand I'm not familiar with.
Second, I bought the powerset from Revzilla. They are offering a special discount for advrider.com members. You can get it for $369.99 and free shipping by entering ADVG4POWERMATCH at step 3 of the check out process.
Dick

Trickie Dick
03-17-2010, 09:41 PM
OOPS I just read that Revzilla ended their price match promotion of $369.99. Sorry.:(

Donk45
03-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Just tested the G4 with making a phone call....NOT GOOD!

I may have a defective one, but the person on the other end couldn't make out what I was saying and only heard 1 out of every 10 words. I played around with all the volume settings (device & phone) but with no luck.

I sent an email to Cardo, hopefully they can resolve/replace the unit

bone crusher
03-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Just tested the G4 with making a phone call....NOT GOOD!

I may have a defective one, but the person on the other end couldn't make out what I was saying and only heard 1 out of every 10 words. I played around with all the volume settings (device & phone) but with no luck.

I sent an email to Cardo, hopefully they can resolve/replace the unit

We should get Carlo to work for Cardo....:D

Anyway...as it is, my Q2 is not working for some reason...I'm not sure to pursue getting it fixed or just get the new one. Can I connect a bluetooth emitter attached to my ipod directly to the G4 or does it have to go through my zumo 550?

It looks like the new G4 can take many bluetooth inputs, but the zumo only allows 2...the phone and the headset...I'm not sure what the heck I can do and what I can't.

Anyone know?

Donk45
03-21-2010, 12:28 AM
We should get Carlo to work for Cardo....:D

Anyway...as it is, my Q2 is not working for some reason...I'm not sure to pursue getting it fixed or just get the new one. Can I connect a bluetooth emitter attached to my ipod directly to the G4 or does it have to go through my zumo 550?

It looks like the new G4 can take many bluetooth inputs, but the zumo only allows 2...the phone and the headset...I'm not sure what the heck I can do and what I can't.

Anyone know?

Yes you can, I have an ipod BT Transmitter and it connects directly to my G4. The system works really well except the micrphone, I just think its faulty, but Cardo said send it in and they will fix it or send me a new one soon.

Here is the bT adapter i have
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Bluetooth-Wireless-Transmitter-Black/dp/B000XRW09Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269149169&sr=8-1

bone crusher
03-21-2010, 08:37 AM
Yes you can, I have an ipod BT Transmitter and it connects directly to my G4. The system works really well except the micrphone, I just think its faulty, but Cardo said send it in and they will fix it or send me a new one soon.

Here is the bT adapter i have
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Bluetooth-Wireless-Transmitter-Black/dp/B000XRW09Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269149169&sr=8-1

That one looks cool...I have this one...

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Adapter-Players/dp/B000P9CEVO/ref=sr_1_9?
ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269178551&sr=1-9

So, if you direct this to the headset directly, how does it affect the navi controls? Usually, the navigation will cut off the radio or directions if you're on the phone...if this goes directly to the headphones, does the system know what to do with phone, navi, etc?

bone crusher
03-23-2010, 01:05 AM
Spoke with Cardo today...forget getting the q2 fixed...I bought the g4 on ebay for a great price...never realized how much I used my headset until mine started working...argh!

I think the g4 will give me not only better performance, but better options.

Stay tuned, I guess...and Donk, good luck with getting yours fixed...glad they're helping you out without any issues...

Donk45
03-23-2010, 07:37 AM
Spoke with Cardo today...forget getting the q2 fixed...I bought the g4 on ebay for a great price...never realized how much I used my headset until mine started working...argh!

I think the g4 will give me not only better performance, but better options.

Stay tuned, I guess...and Donk, good luck with getting yours fixed...glad they're helping you out without any issues...
:2thumbs: the G4 is better...(except my faulty Mic)

tatt2r
03-23-2010, 09:36 AM

iphone 3gs

draboo
03-23-2010, 11:40 AM

Thanks, Marilyn. These things are out of stock except at a premium price. She-Rides should have them in April 1st-ish @ $400.00 I pre-ordered a set.

Did you get yours yet?

JonGalt
04-01-2011, 03:59 PM

Do you know if you can hear "turn-by turn" GPS direction over bluetooth via a SmartPhone like the Sprint HTC EVO or a new Windows 7 Phone like the Sprint HTC Arrive. Is using a GPS Navigation function on a smart-phone a good idea with a Spyder?

I am trying to avoid spending $2K through Can-AM to use a Garmin 650-665 + CAN-AM CB + WIRED COMM Helmet system + Mount + wiring harnesses.

I would prefer to use:

Sprint Arrive Windows 7 Phone with "Zune Music Subscription Service" or Pandora or LASTFM et al; for music output via AD2P stereo Bluetooth audio --->to the Scala Rider G4 & (if possible) simultaneously use the Spyder mp3 audio jack to transfer the analog music to the Spyder stereo system via the SmartPhone's stereo analog output headphone jack.

Sprint Arrive Windows 7 Phone Turn-By-Turn Navigation A2DP (Does directions information also do Bluetooth Output?)--> to the Scala Rider G4 & hopefully simultaneously analog out of the MP3 jack of the SPyder stereo system via the headphone jack on the phone?

This would cost me very little to implement vs $600-750 for Garmin that doesn't recognize voice commands like a smart phone does for NAV/GPS. $900 for a CB that I don't really want. A few hundred for wiring harnesses, gps mount, $200 for the CAN-AM wired communication system for their ST1-HYBRID helmet. I don't want a wired solution. I do have the ST1-HYBRID helmet and love it, but I intentionally did not order it with the wired communication system.

Will the display screen on a smart phone be visible when its sunny? Is the touchscreen usable with gloves and while the phone is shielded from the elements?

What is the best after-market system to both water-proof, shield from sunlight, and mount a smart-phone to the Spyder?

dltang
04-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Do you know if you can hear "turn-by turn" GPS direction over bluetooth via a SmartPhone like the Sprint HTC EVO or a new Windows 7 Phone like the Sprint HTC Arrive. Is using a GPS Navigation function on a smart-phone a good idea with a Spyder?

I am trying to avoid spending $2K through Can-AM to use a Garmin 650-665 + CAN-AM CB + WIRED COMM Helmet system + Mount + wiring harnesses.

I would prefer to use:

Sprint Arrive Windows 7 Phone with "Zune Music Subscription Service" or Pandora or LASTFM et al; for music output via AD2P stereo Bluetooth audio --->to the Scala Rider G4 & (if possible) simultaneously use the Spyder mp3 audio jack to transfer the analog music to the Spyder stereo system via the SmartPhone's stereo analog output headphone jack.

Sprint Arrive Windows 7 Phone Turn-By-Turn Navigation A2DP (Does directions information also do Bluetooth Output?)--> to the Scala Rider G4 & hopefully simultaneously analog out of the MP3 jack of the SPyder stereo system via the headphone jack on the phone?

This would cost me very little to implement vs $600-750 for Garmin that doesn't recognize voice commands like a smart phone does for NAV/GPS. $900 for a CB that I don't really want. A few hundred for wiring harnesses, gps mount, $200 for the CAN-AM wired communication system for their ST1-HYBRID helmet. I don't want a wired solution. I do have the ST1-HYBRID helmet and love it, but I intentionally did not order it with the wired communication system.

Will the display screen on a smart phone be visible when its sunny? Is the touchscreen usable with gloves and while the phone is shielded from the elements?

What is the best after-market system to both water-proof, shield from sunlight, and mount a smart-phone to the Spyder?

Check out the Sena http://thesenastore.com/SMH10_store.aspx We should be getting ours any day. I plan on using my iPhone 4 with BlueTooth and it is also in stereo and I bought an extra mount to be able to use my earbuds instead of the helmet speakers. They have great reviews on the WebBike site and they actually score higher than the Scala Rider. As soon as we have them and get to try them out, I will post my personal thoughts. At this point in time though, after a lot of investigation and not wanting to break the bank, this is the route we took.

weaponjr
04-01-2011, 05:01 PM
I use the G4 with a iPhone 4 for music and with mapquest with speech directions. It works great so far. I rode 35 miles with Pandora playing and directions. The sound is ok for music, very little bass but still better then nothing. I only used it to answer one call so far, the person had no idea I was on the spyder. I was going 60mph with the Shoei RF1100. This combo works great!!!

I'm very pleased so far...:2thumbs::2thumbs:

JonGalt
04-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Check out the Sena http://thesenastore.com/SMH10_store.aspx We should be getting ours any day. I plan on using my iPhone 4 with BlueTooth and it is also in stereo and I bought an extra mount to be able to use my earbuds instead of the helmet speakers. They have great reviews on the WebBike site and they actually score higher than the Scala Rider. As soon as we have them and get to try them out, I will post my personal thoughts. At this point in time though, after a lot of investigation and not wanting to break the bank, this is the route we took.

:bowdown: Thanks for the tip! I'm on there site reading right now.

Big "D"
04-01-2011, 05:06 PM
I have been looking at headsets myself in senabluetooth.com. at the SMH10. I have looked at the videos they have on the pairing of the headset to a GPS, then the phone to Garmin GPS, and then the MP3 player to headset. They all worked real well together and was able to see and hear everything on the video.

I was wondering if anyone has this type and if so how well does it work? Also, if just so happens that I have the same GPS and MP3 player as in the video. What I would like to know, if I get these headsets for my wife and myself would my wife and I both be able to pair up to the GPS and MP3 player, and both to our separate telephones, at the same time and still communicate together? I pair my phone to the GPS all the time. Am I asking to much?

If anyone knows more than I know about bluetooth devices, which is a whole lot, reply and let me know.

Donnie

JonGalt
04-01-2011, 05:07 PM
I use the G4 with a iPhone 4 for music and with mapquest with speech directions. It works great so far. I rode 35 miles with Pandora playing and directions. The sound is ok for music, very little bass but still better then nothing. I only used it to answer one call so far, the person had no idea I was on the spyder. I was going 60mph with the Shoei RF1100. This combo works great!!!

:thumbup: Thanks for the help. I'm glad you can verify that turn by turn GPS NAV voice on smartphones pass through to it properly. My EVO does not pass GPS NAV via bluetooth to my Voyager Pro earpiece unless I am in a phone call. I assume the A2DP would allow the turn by turn directions to be passes 100% of the time regardless of being on the phone. I'm also glad music passes too! :ohyea:

JonGalt
04-01-2011, 05:11 PM
I have been looking at headsets myself in senabluetooth.com. at the SMH10. I have looked at the videos they have on the pairing of the headset to a GPS, then the phone to Garmin GPS, and then the MP3 player to headset. They all worked real well together and was able to see and hear everything on the video.

I was wondering if anyone has this type and if so how well does it work? Also, if just so happens that I have the same GPS and MP3 player as in the video. What I would like to know, if I get these headsets for my wife and myself would my wife and I both be able to pair up to the GPS and MP3 player, and both to our separate telephones, at the same time and still communicate together? I pair my phone to the GPS all the time. Am I asking to much?

If anyone knows more than I know about bluetooth devices, which is a whole lot, reply and let me know.

Donnie

JEEZ that is crazytalk!! I thought I was asking too much, but you want the moon too!

I think the limitation my be weather each ancillary device supports simultaneous blutooth to multiple devices or does the SMH10 relays everything from one headset to another or just intercom.
:dontknow:

dltang
04-01-2011, 05:20 PM

Donnie
I get the impression from the website that yes, you can each be connected to your own phone and have separate music and also be able to talk to each other. Now if you are trying to pair up both to one MP3 player and separate phones on top of that, I am not sure. Check out their site and videos, they do give a lot of information.

BajaRon
04-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Make sure if you have the G4 Scala that you upgrade the software to the latest version 3.0. Most are running the older Version 2.2. As least some of the upgrades are to the Bluetooth capablities.

Littlebadwolf
04-01-2011, 07:36 PM
I've had the Sena SMH-10 for a couple weeks and love it...Yes...stereo for your mp3, can pair up to 4 others for group commo and a host of other things that you can pair with it. I got a wireless transmitter for my I-touch but also got the adapter for direct plug-in of my Klipsch earbuds...I'm in heaven with it...and it got better reviews than the Scala. Here's a link for info...Larry

Sena SMH10 Stereo Bluetooth Helmet Headset - Honda Goldwing Parts and Accessor (http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/41_home_new_products/32906_sena_smh10_stereo_bluetooth_helmet_headset/)

Sena SMH10 Intercom - webBikeWorld (http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/sena-smh10-intercom/)

dltang
04-01-2011, 07:57 PM
I've had the Sena SMH-10 for a couple weeks and love it...Yes...stereo for your mp3, can pair up to 4 others for group commo and a host of other things that you can pair with it. I got a wireless transmitter for my I-touch but also got the adapter for direct plug-in of my Klipsch earbuds...I'm in heaven with it...and it got better reviews than the Scala. Here's a link for info...Larry

Sena SMH10 Stereo Bluetooth Helmet Headset - Honda Goldwing Parts and Accessor (http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/41_home_new_products/32906_sena_smh10_stereo_bluetooth_helmet_headset/)

Sena SMH10 Intercom - webBikeWorld (http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/sena-smh10-intercom/)

If you ride down to Spyderfest with us, we can pair up an communicate. That would be kind of cool. Ours should be here in the mail any day. They are running a great deal off their own site. $299.99 for a dual set and 1 free extra mount of your choice. So we got that with the earbud mount and ordered an extra earbud mount. Free shipping so $337.98 total for two sets with mounts and 2 extra earbud mounts and they each come with wall chargers and 12v chargers. One heck of a deal. I can't wait to try them out. Firefly and 8Legs got a set too.

Littlebadwolf
04-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Will be happy to pair up with you Deb...I've already tried it with 3 others and it works great...I got the same deal.. $299 for the dual pack and I also got the ear bud adapter for my Klipsch ear buds which are outstanding. The volume is terrific...as good as...if not better than the Scala.

weaponjr
04-01-2011, 08:22 PM
3.0 is a must... takes less then 2 minutes to update!!!

bone crusher
04-01-2011, 10:05 PM

G4 rocks brotha...:yes:

BajaRon
04-01-2011, 10:42 PM
3.0 is a must... takes less then 2 minutes to update!!!

What differences did you notice with the software upgrade? I upgraded mine but have not used them yet.

WackyDan
04-01-2011, 10:44 PM
My Droid Incredible works great with the G4 for music, calls, and gps.

Pincushion
04-02-2011, 02:16 AM
I love my G4 powerset... I bought an extra audio kit. one for both of my favorite helmets (I have a boom mic version for my modular helmet and a corded mic version for my full face)
Had a few problems with the corded mic at first but I added a few extra velcro pads to the chin bar of my helmet to move the mic closer to my mouth and it works great now!

I totally agree software version 3 is a MUST... here are the changes in the latest version.
Version 3.0 – March 2011

Overview - New Features
The scala rider G4 3.0 software update is an important enrichment, bringing with it innovative new features, improved customization options and more.
Important new features include:

Click-to-Link™
VOX and AGC (Automatic Gain Control) Personal Customization
Volume Per Mode
Standalone A2DP

What’s new in the scala rider G4 v3.0
Click-To-Link™
The Click-To-Link™ feature is a unique solution, developed by Cardo and available only to communication systems that are compatible with Cardo’s line of motorcycle communication systems. Click-To-Link™ allows bikers to initiate spontaneous intercom calls to random G4 users who are within range, without the need to perform advance pairing. Users can always activate or deactivate this feature and also reject incoming requests for such random connections.
Volume Per Mode
The Volume Per Mode feature causes the G4 to memorize the most recently stored volume setting for each audio source (A2DP stereo, mobile phone, GPS, FM radio), so that whenever a user switches between modes, the G4 will automatically transmit sound at the previously set volume level.
Stand Alone A2DP
A dedicated audio channel was added to accommodate A2DP-enabled music devices (such as the iPod Touch 2G/3G/4G). This provides the G4 with parallel connectivity to an MP3 device and a mobile phone, so that users can seamlessly switch from one to the other.
AGC Calibration
AGC sensitivity levels can now be set according to any user's particular needs (Low, Medium, High) and can be re-adjusted whenever needed. Users can now set the optimal AGC level to accommodate their personal needs and adapt to specific driving conditions, thus avoiding excessive or insufficient AGC responsiveness. Users will set and/or readjust their desired AGC sensitivity levels as often as they wish via the PC software or in the Voice Configuration Menu directly on the G4.
VOX Calibration
VOX sensitivity levels can now be set according to the user's particular needs (Low, Medium, High) and can be adjusted by the end user whenever needed. The end user will be able to set the optimal VOX level for specific driving habits (lower VOX sensitivity for fast driving, etc. and vice versa) via the PC software or in the Voice Configuration Menu directly on the G4.
Automatic Radio Tuning
One-Button-Push to search for and temporarily set up to six radio station presets: For users travelling outside their home region. To reactivate their original six station presets after returning to the home region, users just need to turn the unit off and on again.
Automatic Scan (FM Radio)
Automatic Scan for the next available station by extended button press. If the user finds a station he wants to listen to, one press of a button will stop the Scan before the system continues to automatically search for the next station.
New convenient and simple Voice Configuration Menu
The new Voice Configuration Menu lets users easily change G4 settings and customize their unit without the need for a computer.
User can now configure the following settings via the Menu:

Language
Enable/Disable Click to Link
Enable/Disable VOX
Set VOX sensitivity level
Set AGC sensitivity level
Enable/Disable RDS
Enable/Disable Spoken Status Announcements

Bug Fixes

Enhanced performance with TomTom Rider/Urban Rider GPS: GPS instruction audio connection is instantaneous
Solved bug in Intercom mode that sometimes caused the first syllable of speech not to be heard after a period of silence
Solved occasional distortion noise on an Intercom call that remained open for an extended period of time (~1hr+)
Secured seamless transition to A2DP playback after an Intercom call when using an iPhone™

Trickie Dick
04-02-2011, 06:00 AM
My G4 works fine with the EVO. :2thumbs: