PDA

View Full Version : How do we know which update/version our Spyders are running?

groundeffect
02-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Hi everyone. Just curious to know how we go about finding out which software version our Spyder (RS/GS) is running?

Is this something we can find out on our own?

What is the process of finding out?

Thank you in advance for your reply.
Cheers.

IndyBill
02-01-2010, 08:38 AM
If you call your dealer with the vin# they should be able to get the read out of all the recalls and tunes done. When I bought a used one I went to the dealer and he was able to print out everything that was done. This was not the dealer who had done the work but it is listed with your vin#
Bill

Sarge707
02-01-2010, 01:37 PM
A couple weeks after my update was performed I called the BRP assistance # 866 767-0707 and they confirmed the update had been logged into their data base an also confirmed my 3 year warranty!
I called them again just NOW and she seemed to be pushing me to talk to my dealer! I told her my dealer don,t know :cus:. :joke: So she checked that my update had been done BUT would not give me the ## to the technical BRP guys. She said only the dealers call them?
I told her I hope it does not get to the point where we see the Problem on the NIGHTLY NEWS!!! As a long time customer I told her this is the last thing BRP needs:lecturef_smilie:??

Smylinacha
02-01-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm sure your dealer can tell ya:thumbup:

groundeffect
02-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Thank you for the replies, everyone.

I'm wondering if there a way to retrieve this information from the cluster or something.

I'm interested to having the version number for verification it has been fully updated, and for my records.

The dealer suggested I contact BRP, so I'll give a call first.

Thank you.

fastfraser
02-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Ummmmm, just how much updating does a brand spankin' new, fresh off the line, delivered 2 days ago Spyder require?:dontknow:

:agree:+1

groundeffect
02-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Ummmmm, just how much updating does a brand spankin' new, fresh off the line, delivered 2 days ago Spyder require?:dontknow:

Hi everyone.

Oh, I'm not sure if my brand new Spyder requires updating or not, I'm simply looking to verify for my records, is all.

I assume everything has already been updated from the PDI list, the point is that I do not know for sure, which is what I'd like to verify, is all. There is no problem here, just want to know the current version my Spyder is running, for my records and maintenance notes.

Thanks.
Cheers.

NancysToy
02-01-2010, 03:35 PM
I suggest you ask the dealer to see the computer when it is hooked to BUDS...or ask for a complete printout. If there is a version number that shows anywhere, it will show on BUDS. Don't hold your breath that it even exists in a format you are used to, however. BUDS tells the tech if an update is needed, not the other way around...from what I understand.

bone crusher
02-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Hi everyone.

Oh, I'm not sure if my brand new Spyder requires updating or not, I'm simply looking to verify for my records, is all.

I assume everything has already been updated from the PDI list, the point is that I do not know for sure, which is what I'd like to verify, is all. There is no problem here, just want to know the current version my Spyder is running, for my records and maintenance notes.

Thanks.
Cheers.

The first 'update' was actually a recall and they wouldn't have been able to sell you your bike if it wasn't done.

As far as the second one, you likely don't need it...they were done by VIN numbers and being your bike is brand spankin' new, it likely wasn't a concern.

groundeffect
02-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the notes, guys.

Neez
02-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Grounds, I'd be curious to know where the emission canister vents to on your new ryde. In other words, does it vent right at the canister or is it led away by a length of hose?