PDA

View Full Version : Corbin Seats

Laura
01-28-2010, 09:38 AM
:dontknow:Help please-want to order my corbin non heated front and back seat along with the large sb oval passenger backrest and want to get it right.
So looking for info. I was already told to get the passenger seat built up in front to keep them from sliding forward any other things I should know or suggestions. :hun:

Thanks

Lamonster
01-28-2010, 10:25 AM
I dished the drivers seat out so I didn't slide forward.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=241

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=241&pictureid=2112

Dragonrider
01-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Mine are bone stock - I like them like that, so I can move around on the seat.

SpyderGirl
01-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Lamont, that's a great idea. How difficult was that to do?

Lamonster
01-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Lamont, that's a great idea. How difficult was that to do?
Not that bad. the hard part was cutting the heater out without damaging it. :shocked:nojoke

SpyderGirl
01-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Not that bad. the hard part was cutting the heater out without damaging it. :shocked:nojoke

:yikes: Maybe I can take it down to Corbin and have them do it.

jmcbow
01-28-2010, 03:07 PM
I also had to have the drivers seat dished out, I was sliding forward whenever I braked hard. Corbin really worked with me though, they modified a seat and sent it to me, I then took the original seat off and sent it back to them. The new seat was perfect. Great outfit to work with.

SpyderGirl
01-28-2010, 03:18 PM
I also had to have the drivers seat dished out, I was sliding forward whenever I braked hard. Corbin really worked with me though, they modified a seat and sent it to me, I then took the original seat off and sent it back to them. The new seat was perfect. Great outfit to work with.

WOW, that's great. I have the ability to go directly to the Corbin factory in Hollister, CA so this is definitely something I am going to think about. I'm tired of sliding forward.

burg650
01-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Lamont when you dished out the seat are you saying you removed some of the padding, and did it effect the ride comfort. I like how your seat looks now but I worry for long trips it might not have enough padding, if I tell Corbin to do this will they know what I mean.

Buelldog
01-29-2010, 10:20 AM
:dontknow:Help please-want to order my corbin non heated front and back seat along with the large sb oval passenger backrest and want to get it right.
So looking for info. I was already told to get the passenger seat built up in front to keep them from sliding forward any other things I should know or suggestions. :hun:

Thanks
If you have not already ordered your Corbin Saddle I have a friend that is a Corbin Dealer and can help you on the Price a little.I have the stock Corbin with passenger seat on my unit.Have the BRP sport rack and back rest combo....Put a piece of shelf liner material on passenger seat and the Misses says she is o-k with no slide forward.I am in Washington county southern part near Harpers Ferry.... Send me a PM if you would like info on my friend.....He also happens to be Master Harley Tech with about 40 years experience.....I have been doing business with him that long!! Regards.....Buelldog (Steve)

Lamonster
01-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Lamont when you dished out the seat are you saying you removed some of the padding, and did it effect the ride comfort. I like how your seat looks now but I worry for long trips it might not have enough padding, if I tell Corbin to do this will they know what I mean.

Yes, I took some of the foam out but I can't say that it changed the ride. I can still do 1000 mile day in the saddle no problem.

Mike Corbin knows about what I did so depending on who you talk to I'm sure they will figure it out. You could just show them the picture.

Before
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=241&pictureid=2037

After
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=241&pictureid=2112

Firefly
01-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Depending on your size and weight - you might not have to do anything but RIDE. I felt a bit of the 'forward slide' when I first got mine---- but after about 1,000 miles of break-in it is perfect --- of course I've got a fair amount of weight to MAKE it form to my form------ ;).

They really are great seats --- can't imagine not having them!

jimcrom
01-29-2010, 11:08 AM
SpyderGirl, I went to the factory in Hollister and I originally thought that I should have the front part of the seat trimmed down a bit so that my thighs would not be resting on the ridge of the seat where I would lose some circulation. But I found that I was sliding forward too much. So after I got back from LA event and the eight weeks I was waiting for the dealer to fix the Spyder, I went back up to the factory and asked that they rebuild up the front of the seat. They had no problem fixing the seat and it has made a big difference and there has been no problem with the leg circulation.

:yikes: Maybe I can take it down to Corbin and have them do it.

Dudley
01-30-2010, 07:25 PM

Thanks

We were able to ride to Hollister to get ours done by appointment, one-day service. Here is the picture of our seat, built considerably higher for my wife to see over my head. She also uses a square of Gripper Shelf Lining. IT WORKS!