PDA

View Full Version : RS- Pearl White

Donk45
01-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know if they will sell the white panels? I had a local shop give me a guesstimate on how much it would cost to pain all of the black and silver panels pearl white and it seems pretty high. They said it'd be a lot cheaper for a regular color, but depending on how much/how big I want the pearl flakes it could get pretty expensive. He said the cost of the pearl white container is like $150 and that's why it's so expensive. Some of the really pearl cars out there take layers and layers to make it look like that.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has heard about the pearl white being for sale soon (the plastics) or if I could get a paint code.

Donk45
01-26-2010, 04:47 PM
I just talked to http://www.mositesmotorsports.com/ and they said the white panels would be $2k.

j45p3r
01-26-2010, 05:08 PM
What was the quote for painting?

Donk45
01-26-2010, 05:13 PM
What was the quote for painting?

$1800 for the pearl white (which he said would be the most expensive), going to get another quote on other colors

SpyderWolf
01-26-2010, 09:47 PM
I got a quote of $1200 from a shop to paint all of the plastic a single color, so that actually doesn't sound too far off the mark.

bone crusher
01-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Is pearl white the new color 'white' color of the RS? If so, I saw it at the DC IMS and didn't like it at all...then again, maybe it's just me and if ya like it, go for it...it looks like a cop vehicle even without the star of whatever municipality it represents. I'd also think that it'll show whatever dust and dirt are on the road??

I wish they had the blue there...in pics it looks really nice...

NancysToy
01-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Is pearl white the new color 'white' color of the RS? If so, I saw it at the DC IMS and didn't like it at all...then again, maybe it's just me and if ya like it, go for it...it looks like a cop vehicle even without the star of whatever municipality it represents. I'd also think that it'll show whatever dust and dirt are on the road??

I wish they had the blue there...in pics it looks really nice...
How long have you had this aversion to police vehicles? :roflblack: BTW, Michigan State Police vehicles are blue.

bone crusher
01-26-2010, 10:25 PM
How long have you had this aversion to police vehicles? :roflblack: BTW, Michigan State Police vehicles are blue.

I don't...have tons of patients who are cops...however, I don't drive a Ford LTD (most common cop car around here)...The white looks like a cop vehicle to me, plain and simple...just an observation...it's a really sharp looking color, but I visualize a police officer on it sooner than me or you...

The police tend to use white HDs as their bikes...the white Spyder will replace those perfectly...in regards to autos, we have blue, state trooper hunter green, and lots of other colors...

Growing up, I was always enthralled with the cops who rode the bikes (CHIPS??)...anyway, most all I've ever seen are white and I figure if/when police integrate more Spyders, they'll go with the white...now, if they go with the phantom, that'd be really, really cool and bad a*s lookin'!

NancysToy
01-26-2010, 10:30 PM
I don't...have tons of patients who are cops...however, I don't drive a Ford LTD (most common cop car around here)...The white looks like a cop vehicle to me, plain and simple...just an observation...it's a really sharp looking color, but I visualize a police officer on it sooner than me or you...

The police tend to use white HDs as their bikes...the white Spyder will replace those perfectly...in regards to autos, we have blue, state trooper hunter green, and lots of other colors...

Growing up, I was always enthralled with the cops who rode the bikes (CHIPS??)...anyway, most all I've ever seen are white and I figure if/when police integrate more Spyders, they'll go with the white...now, if they go with the phantom, that'd be really, really cool and bad a*s lookin'!
Just pokin' fun at ya. In truth, I love the color of my black and white, former CHP, BMW cop bike. Very good visibility, and it brings a smile to my face when someone slows down or pulls over every once in a while as I pass.

bone crusher
01-26-2010, 10:37 PM
Just pokin' fun at ya. In truth, I love the color of my black and white, former CHP, BMW cop bike. Very good visibility, and it brings a smile to my face when someone slows down or pulls over every once in a while as I pass.

Okay, you got me...that's what I'm afraid of...we all know the Millennium Yellow is the fastest and if these Pearl Whites are everywhere, we'll all have to slow down thinking that they are cop bikes...:spyder: This will give an unfair edge to those critters!

Donk45
01-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Yes, the white at the motorcycle show was pearl white, although im not sure how "many coats of pearl" they used. It has some pearl to it, but not like the Cadillac pearl white.

I dont know now, I can get the phantom kit for like $800 something...although its only a few panels.

bone crusher
01-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Yes, the white at the motorcycle show was pearl white, although im not sure how "many coats of pearl" they used. It has some pearl to it, but not like the Cadillac pearl white.

I dont know now, I can get the phantom kit for like $800 something...although its only a few panels.

I like the Phantom more...did you notice that the white had additional 'white' panels (I guess so)...it does look a bit different, in regards to color schemes, than our bikes...I like the phantom although I'll stick with the yellow for visibility issues...if it came down to white vs. black, I'd go black...I have a car that is black and although it shows some dust at times, I prefer it over a white vehicle...price would play in with new panels as well...$800 vs. $2000...no question...you can always change later, or better yet, mix them and see what you come up with??

Donk45
01-26-2010, 11:41 PM
I like the Phantom more...did you notice that the white had additional 'white' panels (I guess so)...it does look a bit different, in regards to color schemes, than our bikes...I like the phantom although I'll stick with the yellow for visibility issues...if it came down to white vs. black, I'd go black...I have a car that is black and although it shows some dust at times, I prefer it over a white vehicle...price would play in with new panels as well...$800 vs. $2000...no question...you can always change later, or better yet, mix them and see what you come up with??

...and never go back?:roflblack:

Well, its 2000 for all of the white panels, where the phantom you are only getting a few pieces and mixing it with the regular black ones.

Donk45
01-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Okay...I gotta decide on a color this weekend. I think im going to get all of the panels painted (both the silver and the black) for about $1400. The really pearl white would be like $1800 and I dont think even the new 2010's are really that pearl.

I'm thinking
-all flat black
-all flat white
-all soft white

any other suggestions?

SpyderWolf
01-27-2010, 07:04 PM
The color you choose is a 100% personal preference decision. I would like to see a solid electric blue Spyder, but that may not suit your taste at all. Don't worry about what any of us think, go with the color you feel the strongest about. :thumbup:

bone crusher
01-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Okay...I gotta decide on a color this weekend. I think im going to get all of the panels painted (both the silver and the black) for about $1400. The really pearl white would be like $1800 and I dont think even the new 2010's are really that pearl.

I'm thinking
-all flat black
-all flat white
-all soft white

any other suggestions?

Flat black is nice...someone here has a burnt orange and I thought that looked amazing, but that's me. Since you live around the beltway, I'll easily be able to recognize you if you go with something very different...white bikes don't do it for me, as discussed above...but, like others here have said, it's your choice...you can always change it later...I'm one of those boring types who likes the stock Millennium Yellow...I like to be visible on the road and yellow is easy to see...it's nice to make your bike unique...enjoy!