PDA

View Full Version : GLO-RYDER's, how do you like them?

COOLMACHINE
01-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Hello Everyone,
I ordered my Glo-Ryders over the weekend and am looking forward to cruising down the road with them. :) I did a search in the Spyder Mods section and General Discussion but only found 3 results which didn't elaborate on them. I was wondering who has them?
" But more importantly," how do you like them? I have the stock wheels and of course the pics look fantastic with them glowing. Thanks everyone.

Lamonster
01-26-2010, 05:57 PM
I have the first set for the Spyder and I love them. Just got a set for the RT :thumbup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCfaKg52W7o

lawdogg357
01-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Do they have an off and on switch or are the controlled by light only? Asking because of how laws vary state to state as to added lights.

COOLMACHINE
01-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Do they have an off and on switch or are the controlled by light only? Asking because of how laws vary state to state as to added lights.
Hello Lawdog. They have an off/on switch. They also can be activated by motion. Off when stopped and on when in motion.

aerialdall
01-26-2010, 07:39 PM
I have the Satin Finish with the Glo Spyder Cap. I have them in Blue & Purple but I really like the Blue better. The color seems brighter. They seem to be pretty sensitive. If I move the Spyder even in daylight I will have one come on but not the other. I got them late last year so haven't been out with them on much because of the weather but those who have seen them thought they were really cool.

jima1153
01-26-2010, 08:06 PM
When I hauled my Spyder down to TX last week. When we would open up the trailer and check on the bikes - the would be on. It doesn't take much motion to activate. I love them.:2thumbs:

BajaRon
01-26-2010, 10:04 PM
I've got them and they are AWESOME! Really give you great visual presence at night from the side. Not only do they look cool but they add a good bit of safety as well.

Well made, work great, can't beat them and they are pretty easy to install as well.

docdoru
01-27-2010, 06:52 AM
:thumbup:
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/DSC00476.jpg?t=1264593084

BumbleBee
01-27-2010, 07:57 AM
I have the first set for the Spyder and I love them. Just got a set for the RT :thumbup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCfaKg52W7o

Placed my order on yellow/GloRiders last night for the Rt-S :2thumbs:

Cross your fingers for me, hoping to pick-up my newly painted RT-S today :yes: :ohyea: :spyder2:

COOLMACHINE
01-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Fingers are crossed for you Bumblebee. What color are you getting it painted?

BumbleBee
01-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Fingers are crossed for you Bumblebee. What color are you getting it painted?

Timeless Black will be the dominate color. Adding yellow and hornets to it.

Brought it home today, looks really cool. We in-countered rain and sleet on our way back home. What a mess! Got to give it a good cleaning, I will post pictures by this weekend. :clap::yes::ohyea:

bone crusher
01-27-2010, 09:01 PM
Are these legal in MD, anyone know? Oh, and just to clarify, you can turn them off with a switch so they are not affected by motion and light? Can they be used on stock rims?...warranty for them?

COOLMACHINE
01-27-2010, 09:30 PM
Are these legal in MD, anyone know? Oh, and just to clarify, you can turn them off with a switch so they are not affected by motion and light? Can they be used on stock rims?...warranty for them?

Yes bone crusher, on/off switch. Stock rims actually show more color than the custom rims. I believe 30 day warranty.
go to spyderlovers.com's home page and click on GloRyders! :)

bone crusher
01-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Yes bone crusher, on/off switch. Stock rims actually show more color than the custom rims. I believe 30 day warranty.
go to spyderlovers.com's home page and click on GloRyders! :)

Thank you...checking it out now...I'm big on lighting for safety...have all of ESI's lights...guess it can't hurt to add more...

Oh yeah, anyone know if these are allowed in MD...I think there was a thread a looooong time about on wheel lights and I cannot, for the life of me, remember the rules of wheel lights...

Extracool
01-28-2010, 10:17 AM
GloRyders are cool looking, dependable, great safety from the side at night, and great attention getters, we love them.:2thumbs:

COOLMACHINE
01-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Thank you everyone. I'm looking forward to them arriving. :yes:

RShrimp
01-28-2010, 11:22 AM
No sure about MD but in FL it's all good as long as it is not BLUE. Any blue light on a moving vehicle will get you a ticket ....and fast. Also, forward facing red lights are a No-no. On the side front half, the only safe color is Amber (by safe , I mean safe from getting hasled and DOT legal) On the back half of the vehicle on the side Red. (Just like your current side marker lights or reflectors)

We have had this discussion many times on the GW boards with a "ring of fire"

The red and blue one looks great but ......BAM!

Getting hasled or not is one thing ...Legal is another.

Lamonster
01-28-2010, 12:09 PM
GloRyders are cool looking, dependable, great safety from the side at night, and great attention getters, we love them.:2thumbs:
I take back my first comment,:opps: you had the first set and I had the second set. :doorag:

bone crusher
01-28-2010, 12:30 PM
question for all here...

Please read the newer laws for MD...I really can't figure out if glo-ryders are okay as where do they 'technically' attach?

http://mlis.state.md.us/2008rs/chapters_noln/Ch_39_hb1168T.pdf

NancysToy
01-28-2010, 01:07 PM
question for all here...

Please read the newer laws for MD...I really can't figure out if glo-ryders are okay as where do they 'technically' attach?

http://mlis.state.md.us/2008rs/chapters_noln/Ch_39_hb1168T.pdf
Looks like a no-no to me. They attach to the wheels (hubs actually) and are not directed toward the engine or drivetrain, but away from the vehicle.

bone crusher
01-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Looks like a no-no to me. They attach to the wheels (hubs actually) and are not directed toward the engine or drivetrain, but away from the vehicle.

True, but they're not aimed out, but rather out to the side...I think the fear is for lights pointed outward, which the gloryders do not do...I wrote the MVA...see what they say...

ARtraveler
02-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Spouse and I both have glo ryders on our Spyders. Were driving through Anchorage on the way home and a pimpmobile drove by us--the occupants all give us the high sign.