PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Headset and FM

vendit
01-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Hey fellow Spyder riders.....I am looking to purchase a bluetooth headset for listening to both FM radio and connecting to a future GPS. I have looked online at Chatterbox and J&M. I see that Scala Rider has a new G4 coming out with stereo and some other nice features, but can't seem to get any kind of a time frame from them.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what they have used, and the pro's and con's of one system over another? Some of these systems are quite expensive. I like the looks of the J&M on the handle bars, but it doesn't support bluetooth to my knowledge.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

ameobe
01-24-2010, 12:28 PM
We went with the Q2 & are very pleased with the set up, but have never dealt with any other brand. Here is a comparison of the 2 models. Hope it helps.

http://www.she-rides.com/blog/2009/07/11/scala-rider-g4-vs-q2/

bikeguy
01-24-2010, 01:02 PM
We also have the Q2 and are very pleased with them but our main consideration was rider/passenger intercom. I don't listen to music when I'm riding, so that's not a consideration.

Cotton

irish2themax
01-24-2010, 05:42 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10459

spyder3rdr
01-24-2010, 07:34 PM
I just ordered a BlueAnt Interphone F4 ... you can get all the info on it at webbikeworld.com . I have a Cardo / Scala Rider Q2 and its ok , but it has trouble holding a radio station

sabunim5
01-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Saw this posted today. http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/interphone-f4/

There are other system reviews on the same website.

teacherbob
01-25-2010, 11:57 PM
I spoke with Cardo sytems yesterday. The new G4 is almost ready to go out. It will be stereo while the Q2 is only mono. Also, the range is greater and you can link up to 4 units. I am going to the Expo in Indy on Feb. 13 Will try to get a look at it there and report back to this forum.
Just to clarify. When I post on this site I am not trying to sell anything to anyone. I ride a spyder and because I run an apparel and accessories business that means that I am fortunate to see and get to try out lots of new stuff. I don't claim to be an expert but, I am always wiling to share what I know about gear with other motorcycle enthusiast.
I'm a retired teacher. Sharing info is what I do best.
:chat:
Bob
PowerSports4Less

BumbleBee
01-26-2010, 05:47 AM
I pre-ordered the Scala Rider G4, last week, delivery date looks like mid-Feb.

http://www.she-rides.com/Scala+Rider+G4+Powerset+Bluetooth+Motorcycle+Heads ets-p-CS0003.html

Trickie Dick
01-26-2010, 09:10 AM
:helpsmilie: Is it safe to assume that one can communicate with others (between bikes) even though they are not using the same brand bluetooth units? ie., scala to interphone ,etc. I realize you will be limited in range to the lowest unit. Also is it possible to connect a FRS/GMRS radio via bluetooth adapter to a bluetooth headset and use it to transmit and receive over longer distances? :dontknow:
Dick

WackyDan
01-26-2010, 10:25 AM
I don't think any of these allow you to change the batteries yourself?

Once those batteries get worn out via charge/discharge cycles, what do you do?

Dochands
01-26-2010, 10:53 AM
ICOM is the only full stereo system available and they also have a nifty cable to let you ride with earphones instead of the idiotic helmet speakers.

Trickie Dick
01-26-2010, 10:32 PM
ICOM is the only full stereo system available and they also have a nifty cable to let you ride with earphones instead of the idiotic helmet speakers.
:shocked:Starcom is stereo and offers a headset that allows earphones as well. There are lots of systems offering Stereo.

Donk45
01-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Those G4's were supposed to be out MONTHS ago...(Nov), but kept getting pushed back. I finally was given one (well a print out) for Christmas that says it has been ordered.

Trickie Dick
01-27-2010, 06:57 AM
Those G4's were supposed to be out MONTHS ago...(Nov), but kept getting pushed back. I finally was given one (well a print out) for Christmas that says it has been ordered.
My dealer told me the G4 was to be available on 2/5. It would not surprise me to see it released at the dealers expo which I believe is the next weekend. :dontknow: I do know it is in their distributors catalog.

docdoru
01-27-2010, 07:14 AM
I don't think any of these allow you to change the batteries yourself?

Once those batteries get worn out via charge/discharge cycles, what do you do?
Never had a problem with the Q2 batteries over 18 months of use. :thumbup: