PDA

View Full Version : RT Turn Signal Problem

MarkLawson
01-22-2010, 09:42 PM
When I try to manually cancel a turn signal, I almost always accidentally activate the opposite turn signal instead. It's not unusual to have them bouncing back & forth a dozen times before I finally find the right touch to get them both off at the same time. I believe the switch is SUPER sensative to the slightest left or right pressure. Far too sensative for me. Anyone else with this problem?

glynnk
01-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Can't say that I've encountered that problem. The thing I've got to be careful about is hitting the kill switch with my right hand when I dismount. Somehow my hand sweeps that part of the handlebar and I don't realize it until I try and start the bike again.

Glynnk

spyryder
01-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Don't you push it in like on the RS?:dontknow:

NancysToy
01-22-2010, 10:06 PM
The switch still pushes in, but the spring is stronger than the GS/RS. If you push sideways to cancel, you will merely switch to the opposite direction, unless you get lucky. Push straight in.

TicketBait
01-23-2010, 12:23 AM
When I try to manually cancel a turn signal, I almost always accidentally activate the opposite turn signal instead. It's not unusual to have them bouncing back & forth a dozen times before I finally find the right touch to get them both off at the same time. I believe the switch is SUPER sensative to the slightest left or right pressure. Far too sensative for me. Anyone else with this problem?

unless you have a defective switch you will get it . during my practicing I always used the turn signals so it would become second nature, but I remember the first time what you are still experiencing.... try just tapping it straight on with your thumb......good luck

2Gunns
01-23-2010, 08:21 AM

I'm having the exact same problem. doesn't always auto-cancle and when I try to manually cancle it goes into this dance. I "count to 10 & try again"

NancysToy
01-23-2010, 08:28 AM
I'm having the exact same problem. doesn't always auto-cancle and when I try to manually cancle it goes into this dance. I "count to 10 & try again"
If you don't turn far enough, it may not cancel. I have had this happen in a gentle sweeping curve. It should cancel after 30 seconds has passed, though, as a backup. Again, don't push to the side, push straight in if you want to cancel manually.

docdoru
01-23-2010, 09:03 AM
How come this issue did not show up in the preproduction units? :dontknow:

NancysToy
01-23-2010, 09:55 AM
I think it is a matter of technique, not a flaw. The spring on the RT is a little stronger than on the GS/RS, so it just has a slightly different feel and action to it. It may also have a little less throw, making it harder to "cheat" the switch. If you push the GS/RS switch to the side too far to cancel. it will do the exact same thing.

MouthPiece
01-23-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm having the same problem. I realize it's me, but I personally think the tip end is too pointed and should be more indented to fit my FAT FINGER.:shemademe_smilie:

Jornie1
01-23-2010, 09:38 PM
The turn signal button turns off automatically
after a normal turn, but you
may have to turn it off manually after a
shallow turn or lane change.

To turn the signal off, press the button
in.
Turn signals will automatically turn off
after 30 seconds while the vehicle is
moving.

If paragraph 2 doesn't work.. sounds like a dealer call/visit to me.. Len

MarkLawson
01-23-2010, 11:26 PM
The switch still pushes in, but the spring is stronger than the GS/RS. If you push sideways to cancel, you will merely switch to the opposite direction, unless you get lucky. Push straight in.

You're right on how it is designed to be canceled, I'm just having difficulty pressing it straight in without putting any side pressure at all. Technique may be the answer & may need time. It still seems to be far too sensitive in my opinion. It shouldn't be an issue.

Lamonster
01-24-2010, 08:40 AM
The preproduction units controls were worst. That's one of the upgrades they did at my BBQ and it made a world of difference. I guess I'm use to the controls because I really don't find it to be an issue.:dontknow:

Bimjo
01-24-2010, 09:13 AM
I'm having the same problem. I realize it's me, but I personally think the tip end is too pointed and should be more indented to fit my FAT FINGER.:shemademe_smilie:

One word- Dremel. Customize that sucker to suit you. :2thumbs: