PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual Indiana Chapter Spyderlovers Meet, Greet & Ryde

8LEGS
01-22-2010, 09:35 PM
1st Annual Indiana Chapter Spyderlovers Meet, Greet & Ryde
:chat:

Date: Saturday April 17th ----- TODAY

Time: Okay, it looks like we'll meet at Casa del Sol, 51 Parkview, just east of Nashville; it's on the south side of the 46, you can see it from the road.
Tentative time is 11 AM, we'll greet, eat, look over the ryde, and all that stuff.

We would like to get together as many rYders as possible. If you think you may be interested in attending please leave a post and sign up.

Members attending:

1. Amanda B
2. 8LEGS
3. Trickie Dick
4. Retread
5. IndyBill
6. Rocketcarwash
7. Charlotte
8.IndianaTerry
9. Funon3
10. Nightcruiser
11. Mark-reese
Did I miss anyone????

:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

Amanda B
01-22-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm in!

Trickie Dick
01-22-2010, 10:59 PM
I can't make it.:D :roflblack:

superfly3
01-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Well you know I'm in if its not too cold?:clap:

8LEGS
01-23-2010, 10:30 AM
I can't make it.:D :roflblack:

Then I'm coming to get you!!!!!!!!

retread
01-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Well you know I'm in if its not too cold?:clap:
Under Armor works.:doorag:

Do we know where yet?

john

woodz428
01-23-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm just across the border in Illinois. I might be interested in coming if the destination gets set. It also depends on my wife's cancer treatments. So I guess I'm a maybe. By then they may have us locked in while they go door to door collecting money for the debt that wants to compete with Ca's.:sour:

8LEGS
01-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Do we know where yet?

john

No, but given the group so far, Superfly3 is in northern Indiana & Amanda B is in southern Indiana, so somewhere in the middle. I'll ride wherever. :doorag:

Trickie Dick
01-23-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm just across the border in Illinois. I might be interested in coming if the destination gets set. It also depends on my wife's cancer treatments. So I guess I'm a maybe. By then they may have us locked in while they go door to door collecting money for the debt that wants to compete with Ca's.:sour:
Man, we'd love to have you but you do what you got to do. You got things much more important than a meeting. We will say a prayer for your wife.
Dick

Amanda B
01-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Sorry to hear that about your wife. I hope she is okay and that you can come! I'll :pray: for you both!

I had my spyder naked today...got fog lights installed and only two bolts leftover :roflblack::roflblack:!

superfly3
01-24-2010, 12:18 AM
Sorry to hear about you wife too I will say a :pray: for her!
Today was my first saturday off all winter and I made use of it too,was working hard putting on mods that I haven't been able to get to till now,I started on saddlebags and got them done then I started NMN risers but it is getting late so I called it a night and will finish tomorrow!:clap::clap::clap:
all in all a GREAT DAY!:thumbup: I can't wait untill spring I want to ride:2thumbs:

Amanda B
01-24-2010, 08:11 AM
I couldn't go to bed without those two bolts left...so I figured out where they went, took it apart, and put it together again!! Once I start a job I want to finish it right!! So, all bolts accounted for. I don't want to put fog lights on again!!

With the risers, you have to cut your handle bars correct?

ON a different note: How do you take the silver part of the handle bars off?

Trickie Dick
01-24-2010, 10:35 AM
I couldn't go to bed without those two bolts left...so I figured out where they went, took it apart, and put it together again!! Once I start a job I want to finish it right!! So, all bolts accounted for. I don't want to put fog lights on again!!

With the risers, you have to cut your handle bars correct?

ON a different note: How do you take the silver part of the handle bars off?

Glad you found a home for the bolts. :clap:
For the ESI risers, yes, you should cut the bars. No, you don't have too. I did. Used a pipe cutter and went slow. Nice clean cut.
Not sure what you mean by the "silver part of the handle bars".
Dick

Amanda B
01-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Glad you found a home for the bolts. :clap:
For the ESI risers, yes, you should cut the bars. No, you don't have too. I did. Used a pipe cutter and went slow. Nice clean cut.
Not sure what you mean by the "silver part of the handle bars".
Dick

I want to powder coat the silver on my bike...on the handle bar there is the silver plate on top...don't know if I can just remove that part or if I have to take the whole thing off. Trying also to decide whether to go with the risers or not.

retread
01-24-2010, 01:28 PM
I've never taken THAT part off my spyder; I think there are 8 bolts, 2 different sizes, that come up through the bottom piece. You'll need a low profile socket to get to them, and if you drop 1, be prepared to take the tupperware off, it'll hide in there somewhere.

john

Amanda B
01-24-2010, 03:31 PM
I've never taken THAT part off my spyder; I think there are 8 bolts, 2 different sizes, that come up through the bottom piece. You'll need a low profile socket to get to them, and if you drop 1, be prepared to take the tupperware off, it'll hide in there somewhere.

john

Well...I've gotten good at getting the tupperware off, unfortunately!!!

IndyBill
01-25-2010, 08:44 AM
I should be able to make it also. I live in Martinsville but do not care where the get together is. Just more fun riding getting there.

Bill

8LEGS
01-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Any ideas yet on a place to meet? I was thinking about maybe Nashville, Indiana.? I'm not very familiar with the area so some of you southern riders throw your thoughts and ideas out there.

retread
01-25-2010, 12:35 PM
There's a Mexican restaurant east of Nashville on 46, the business area can get congested, especially with Spyders around. Some places in Nashville to eat, too, plus lots of shops.
We can toss some ideas up, see what comes down.;)

john

Amanda B
01-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Okay...R we there yet? Really wanting to ride!

That place sounds good to me. I don't know if I'll have the GPS mounted yet, so I'm hoping it's easy to find. I've been to Nashville and Bloomington some, so I'm hoping I've seen the place. I will be there...it just might be that someone ends up being my GPS when I call them :roflblack:

Trickie Dick
01-25-2010, 10:06 PM
I love Mexican food. Sounds like a plan. Amanda, if you don't have the gps by then, John and/or I can meet you someplace and guide you in. I imagine I will be riding down with 8legs when she comes through.
John, you can be the ride director for our after lunch ride since this is your back yard. Maybe a couple of hours.
It's coming together. Hope this is not too far for Superfly.
8legs, can you please give us a weekly updated list of those planning on coming.
Dick

retread
01-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Think we should take 'em to Shoals by way of Bedford? Or stay in Brown County. I'll get with my friend and plan something interesting, lots of back roads.:D

john

superfly3
01-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Sorry:opps: I just found out that I can't go I forgot that I have a concert to go to in ohio on that day going to see Jeff Dunham I have had the tickets for months now I just fogot,but if it is going to be on another day I will attend,will keep in touch with the message board.:(

IndyBill
01-26-2010, 08:31 AM
I think 450 out of Bedford is one of the best roads in the state. At Shoals you could go west about 20 miles and eat at Montgomery at the Amish restaurant or take 150 to French Lick and eat at the Winery.

Bill

Trickie Dick
01-26-2010, 09:00 AM
I think 450 out of Bedford is one of the best roads in the state. At Shoals you could go west about 20 miles and eat at Montgomery at the Amish restaurant or take 150 to French Lick and eat at the Winery.

Bill
:agree: on 450. Haven't been to Montgomery. As it stands now, we will probably eat before we ride unless we want to plan an early morning meet(10ish) around Nashville and go from there. :dontknow::chat:
Dick

Amanda B
01-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Can someone give an address to the meeting place, or whenever it is decided for sure if it isn't already send me the address. I hope to have a GPS by then, otherwise it's mapquest and memory!

retread
01-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Casa del Sol, 51 Parkville Road, Nashville, IN. It's on 46, entrance is from Parkville.

john

Trickie Dick
01-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Casa del Sol, 51 Parkville Road, Nashville, IN. It's on 46, entrance is from Parkville.

john
John, I think it is 51 Parkview rd. I couldn't find parkville, rd. :dontknow:
Dick

retread
01-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Yeah, it is view, not ville, gotta stop doing 4 things at once.:p

john

8LEGS
01-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Hey all, since Greg can't make it on the 17th, do you want to push it to the 24th? I'm game for the Nashville area. Are there any other ideas floating around out there? I was trying to think of somewhere in Central Indiana, but I'm not pulling anything up on the internet........

8LEGS
01-26-2010, 08:00 PM
I love Mexican food. Sounds like a plan. Amanda, if you don't have the gps by then, John and/or I can meet you someplace and guide you in. I imagine I will be riding down with 8legs when she comes through.
John, you can be the ride director for our after lunch ride since this is your back yard. Maybe a couple of hours.
It's coming together. Hope this is not too far for Superfly.
8legs, can you please give us a weekly updated list of those planning on coming.
Dick

I keep an update on the 1st post.

Trickie Dick
01-26-2010, 10:36 PM
I keep an update on the 1st post.
:thumbup:
Dick

Amanda B
01-27-2010, 03:27 PM
I can do either of those two dates...just need to know which one so I can plan around it.

Trickie Dick
01-29-2010, 09:25 AM
I suggest we keep the original date(4/17) with a backup date of 4/24 in case of weather. :popcorn:

superfly3
01-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Don't let me stop you guys,you don't have to change the dates I agree with Dick,I know I can't make the 17th but if for some reason you guys don't meet on that date then I will be able to make it on the 24th.:thumbup:

8LEGS
01-30-2010, 12:23 PM
The 17th it is. I'll put in a request at work to have that day off.

8LEGS
01-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Since Greg is unable to make it, I think I'll take 29 to Carmel and meet up with you Dick if you don't mind. I just need to know a time.!.!.!

Trickie Dick
01-31-2010, 06:22 AM
Since Greg is unable to make it, I think I'll take 29 to Carmel and meet up with you Dick if you don't mind. I just need to know a time.!.!.!
I guess we will figure out a time when we decide where and when we want to meet. If we stick with the Mexican food place, then I figure it's an hour and a half from my house to Nashville. Maybe a little less. We will probably meet up with John on the way.
If we are going to ride after lunch, then I suggest an early lunch(11:00) so we can get in a few hours before heading back and getting home by dark or a little after.

Little details but that's why we are planning now, right. Keeps us off the streets:joke:. I hope we can get a few more people to come.
Dick

jeremy taflinger
02-05-2010, 03:49 AM
i dont know for sure what i will be doing but will try to make it

Trickie Dick
02-05-2010, 09:01 AM
i dont know for sure what i will be doing but will try to make it

Good deal. Hope you can make it. We would love to meet you. Maybe you can get with 8legs in your area and ride down to my area and we can go from there.
Dick

8LEGS
02-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Hey Jeremy, haven't seen you in about a month. I'll put you down as a maybe, but I hope you & your girlfriend can go.:2thumbs:

8LEGS
02-05-2010, 09:42 PM
. I hope we can get a few more people to come.
Dick

I'm working on that.. ;)

retread
02-06-2010, 07:52 AM
I'm working on a route that will take us through some "roads less traveled", trying to keep it less than 3 hours; weather is NOT cooperating, but I should have some interesting stuff (135, 58, some back roads, etc) set up by April.

john

Trickie Dick
02-06-2010, 04:58 PM
I'm working on a route that will take us through some "roads less traveled", trying to keep it less than 3 hours; weather is NOT cooperating, but I should have some interesting stuff (135, 58, some back roads, etc) set up by April.

john
:spyder::2thumbs: Keep it on the pavement this time John. No more covered bride tour:yikes:

Amanda B
02-06-2010, 07:44 PM
do I need to buy some off road tires before the meet???http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)

Trickie Dick
02-06-2010, 08:28 PM
do I need to buy some off road tires before the meet???http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)
and a dust mask:roflblack::roflblack:

retread
02-06-2010, 09:23 PM
:spyder::2thumbs: Keep it on the pavement this time John. No more covered bride tour:yikes:
Bride? Bride? I'm not getting married any time soon, but IF I do, she sure won't be covered!!:roflblack:
No, we won't be going near Rockville.

john

Amanda B
02-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Uncovered bride?!? :yikes: If we are going on a bride tour, please make it a covered one!!

rocketcarwash
02-15-2010, 10:17 AM
I can go any time,just name the place.thanks Joe

NewRider
02-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Unsure about making it...will check my calendar...I believe I have a conflict about the 24th. If so, that will be a higher priority on my list.:spyder2:

NewRider
02-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Unsure about making it...will check my calendar...I believe I have a conflict about the 24th. If so, that will be a higher priority on my list.:spyder2:

I forgot to mention...Kathy and I now have a pair of Goldendoodle puppies. This definitely complicates our riding times and dates...sigh...:gaah:

Trickie Dick
02-15-2010, 08:50 PM

The date as it stands now is 4/17. The 24th is a backup date in case of weather. Gonna be a fun day. Great riding in that part of the state. retread is planning a good ride.

Questions
02-16-2010, 10:58 AM
At this time I am a maybe. Going to Bike Week in Daytona Beach, FL and will be home around March 12. If all is well after that long trip (trailering the Spyder), we will plan to come.

Indiana Terry

jeremy taflinger
02-16-2010, 04:16 PM
It looks like we are a solid yes right now for the 17th but we wont be able to do the rain date. Our son is coming home from Marine basic training that next weekend so lets hope for great weather:pray:. Maybe we could meet up and ride together 8legs. we r looking forward to the ride.
BTW this is Becky <--the girlfriend LOL

Trickie Dick
02-16-2010, 07:32 PM
It looks like we are a solid yes right now for the 17th but we wont be able to do the rain date. Our son is coming home from Marine basic training that next weekend so lets hope for great weather:pray:. Maybe we could meet up and ride together 8legs. we r looking forward to the ride.
:2thumbs:Semper Fi

8LEGS
02-16-2010, 08:05 PM

Sounds good Becky. :thumbup: It will nice to finally meet you.

NewRider
02-17-2010, 07:12 AM
The 17th is good for us, as a "maybe". The 24th is definitely out.:ani29:

Amanda B
02-17-2010, 01:35 PM
At the rate I'm going, I'll be lucky if I have my :spyder2: put back together by then!:pray:

retread
02-17-2010, 05:01 PM
I should be picking mine up from the 12K service plus recall plus updates tomorrow, hope things (steering) work OK, waiting for Givi trunk, backrest and hardware, thinking about ISCI passenger armrests.

john

Amanda B
02-17-2010, 06:40 PM
I should be picking mine up from the 12K service plus recall plus updates tomorrow, hope things (steering) work OK, waiting for Givi trunk, backrest and hardware, thinking about ISCI passenger armrests.

john

I hope your steering works ok also! I can't wait to see everyone's mods! I ended up going the Corbin route and my Smugglers trunk is coming on the 23rd supposedly. Broke my license plate light again, under tail panel is out for a paint job (basically a test to see if I want to do it in other areas), I have lights to put on once I pull the front wheels off. Panels are all over my house, some peg brackets are off some are more difficult to take off than I imagined, will be taking more things off to get the handle bar cover off for powder coating, wheels are coming, powder coating will happen shortly after that...may not have the new wheels on by the time we meet because the back one is tricky, but hopefully I'll have the :ani29: back together so I can come.

Amanda B
02-26-2010, 08:59 AM
We are still on for April right? BTW 8Legs, I like the new graphics!

8LEGS
02-26-2010, 01:48 PM
I took the 17th off work, hope the weather is good.

8LEGS
02-26-2010, 01:49 PM
BTW 8Legs, I like the new graphics!

:2thumbs: Thanks.

Indyrobb
02-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I'm so late to post - first time signing in a long time. I've been working so much, and I'm in IT, so the last thing I do when getting home is get on the computer!

Can you put me down for a maybe? I'll put it down on my calendar, but sometimes things come up last minute on the weekends.

Also, is this only for those of us with 3 wheels?

My Aunt and Uncle are coming by to look at my spyder tomorrow, hopefully I'll convince them to buy one this spring - who knows, maybe 2! I was showing off pictures of it at Christmas and they got a twinkle in their eye.

I'm subscribed to the thread so I should be able to keep updated.

Robbie

Trickie Dick
02-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Robbie, you can bring whomever you wish. They will be welcome. :2thumbs:

Amanda B
03-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Thus far it looks like I'm on track and will be able to be there, parts are coming on time and stuff...I may be coming with someone on a two wheeled bike.

NewRider
03-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Hey, Amanda...

What IS that ugly critter as your avatar? Kathy and I have given up on trying to figure it out...:dontknow:

NewRider
03-02-2010, 12:39 PM
8LEGS...love that spider motif on your ride...gorgeous!:2thumbs:

Amanda B
03-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Hey, Amanda...

What IS that ugly critter as your avatar? Kathy and I have given up on trying to figure it out...:dontknow:

I believe it to be an underwater shot of a bull dog!

NewRider
03-02-2010, 12:58 PM
I believe it to be an underwater shot of a bull dog!
Either that...or a drowning bulldog...:joke:

Amanda B
03-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Either that...or a drowning bulldog...:joke:

No way...he's jumped in and is having fun! He's bubble dog!

retread
03-09-2010, 10:29 PM
I'm going to have to ride or drive this to make sure, but this will give you all an idea.
Meet at Casa del Sol on 46, head east, then south on 135 to Houston road, which becomes W CR 1000N, then Tower Ridge Road, through Houston and Maumee to SR 446, north on 446 to 46, east to West Gate Road, through Brown County Park to the North Gate/ 46.
Roughly 2 to 2 1/2 hours, decent roads, great scenery, across Lake Monroe, the edge of Bloomington, then back where we started.
Check it out, I'll ride it and make sure it'll work.

john

8LEGS
03-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Looks good John. I've never been to that area so I'm looking forward to it.

Trickie Dick
03-10-2010, 10:04 PM
:thumbup:

Amanda B
03-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Sounds good to me, hope my spyder is ready.:popcorn:

retread
03-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Sounds good to me, hope my spyder is ready.:popcorn:
If you need some help, let me know.

john

8LEGS
03-13-2010, 12:42 AM
John & Dick are a great help when it comes to Spyders. If not for them I wouldn't have my risers installed. I even learned a few new words. Just kidding...... :roflblack:

Trickie Dick
03-13-2010, 09:23 AM
John & Dick are a great help when it comes to Spyders. If not for them I wouldn't have my risers installed. I even learned a few new words. Just kidding...... :roflblack:
I admit, John embarrassed me sometime too.....:ohyea:

8LEGS
03-13-2010, 12:20 PM

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

retread
03-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Okay, I'll try to use words with less than 3 syllables.:D

john

Trickie Dick
03-13-2010, 07:53 PM

john
Less than 3 what:dontknow:

8LEGS
03-14-2010, 12:19 AM

john

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Hey John, did you get your backrest yet? I'm holding out to see yours before I order one.

retread
03-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Should be in the next couple of days, the shop said probably 10 or so, and it's getting close.

john

8LEGS
03-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Thats what I was thinking. Hope it looks good and is a fairly easy install. Sometimes I have a passenger & a backrest would be a great help. When riding solo it would give me something to strap my bag to.

Keep us updated.! :2thumbs:

Amanda B
03-15-2010, 01:08 PM

Working with my dad, I've picked up all the words and I highly doubt I would be embarrassed by something someone else said...I might be embarrassed about what I said....when things go wrong...bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep:yikes:!

I am on track to get things completed by Saturday of this week, so long as nothing else goes wrong! Thanks for the offer though and I may at some point have to take you up on it, but hopefully not this time! I've only got a few things left: picking up my parts and getting the powdered coated stuff put on, putting the alarm on, putting two 12v on, and if my highway pegs come then getting those on as well. Wheels are off waiting as are panels...now it is just waiting until I get my parts back hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday.

xpeschon
03-15-2010, 01:40 PM
To all Indiana Members

Just thought I would pass this on to all of you... We are planning an event the same week-end and to be honest with you it's really not far from all of you,, I just want to invite you Spyder members out if your interested.. Lots of fun going to be going on for sure.. See links below..

Joe (X)

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&ie=UTF8&q=Nashville+Indiana&fb=1&gl=us&ei=532eS8vxI5mgjQPjiLXSAw&ved=0CBEQ_wY&view=map&f=d&daddr=Nashville,+IN&geocode=CRlHmkwcO2k-FdEwVgId5Bvc-g&sa=X

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17547

Trickie Dick
03-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Working with my dad, I've picked up all the words and I highly doubt I would be embarrassed by something someone else said...I might be embarrassed about what I said....when things go wrong...bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep:yikes:!

I am on track to get things completed by Saturday of this week, so long as nothing else goes wrong! Thanks for the offer though and I may at some point have to take you up on it, but hopefully not this time! I've only got a few things left: picking up my parts and getting the powdered coated stuff put on, putting the alarm on, putting two 12v on, and if my highway pegs come then getting those on as well. Wheels are off waiting as are panels...now it is just waiting until I get my parts back hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday.
Believe me that embarrassing me was "tongue in cheek". Looking forward to seeing all your new mods next month.
I see you're already to take on the next challenge with a new bike. Wait til you get back on that spyder. Sounds like it going to be great.
Dick

Amanda B
03-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Yep. I think I'll be getting a Rebel at this point to practice on. I don't want to spend too much money because I'm sure I'll drop it at some point.

Just a few more weeks until the get together! Can't wait and I hope it doesn't rain!

Charlotte
03-20-2010, 08:00 PM
I would like to participate. I am the "Paula" that Trickie Dick is speaking of.:yes:

CincySpyder
03-20-2010, 08:26 PM
If you Don't mind someone from Ohio tagging along me and my wife might make the trip...:dontknow:

Amanda B
03-20-2010, 08:31 PM
If you Don't mind someone from Ohio tagging along me and my wife might make the trip...:dontknow:

I don't think anyone would mind! I don't anyway.

Trickie Dick
03-20-2010, 09:14 PM
I would like to participate. I am the "Paula" that Trickie Dick is speaking of.:yes:
welcome Glad you joined us. Check out the other post and add anything you like.
Dick

Trickie Dick
03-20-2010, 09:20 PM

welcome We would love to have you join us. More details will be posted as we get closer.

8LEGS
03-21-2010, 06:09 PM

welcome

8LEGS
03-21-2010, 06:11 PM

I don't think anyone minds at all. :2thumbs: I'll add you two to the list.

retread
03-21-2010, 08:13 PM
After a lap on the route I had planned, I'm planning again. Seems the map that showed "paved roads" also showed country lanes and cow paths. So, after cleaning my Spyder, I'll be working with a friend from the area and coming up with another, hopefully just as interesting route. I'm trying for a ryde between 2 and 3 hours, if a longer one is okay, let me know.

john

Amanda B
03-21-2010, 08:57 PM
After a lap on the route I had planned, I'm planning again. Seems the map that showed "paved roads" also showed country lanes and cow paths. So, after cleaning my Spyder, I'll be working with a friend from the area and coming up with another, hopefully just as interesting route. I'm trying for a ryde between 2 and 3 hours, if a longer one is okay, let me know.

john

I guess I need to get the mud tires after all! FYI, I vote pavement! I don't have time for any more mods...lol!

8LEGS
03-22-2010, 12:42 PM
I guess I can put my spyder plates on my yamaha raptor!!:yikes: now that would be fun. :2thumbs:

Amanda B
03-23-2010, 06:51 AM
I went in to get mine and they gave me a temporary one. I still haven't received my permanent one and the temp. is about it expire???

My bike is together and running. Seemed fine today, I got my first ride in! YEAH!

8LEGS
03-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Glad you finally got a ryde in!!! :2thumbs:

I'm taking my spyder in to the dealer tomorrow for an oil change and recall +update, and whatever else needs done. I'm guessing they'll need to keep it.

Amanda B
03-24-2010, 06:23 AM

I'm taking my spyder in to the dealer tomorrow for an oil change and recall +update, and whatever else needs done. I'm guessing they'll need to keep it.

If I take mine in, it is a two week waiting period. Hopefully, you'll get yours back quick!

Which recall is it? I had two done (ground wire and steering update), is that what you are getting done?

NewRider
03-24-2010, 06:55 AM
[QUOTE=Amanda B;191100]If I take mine in, it is a two week waiting period. Hopefully, you'll get yours back quick!

Two Weeks?! Good grief...my dealership (Action Motorsports, Lafayette) has my servicing and tech work done in a few hours. All I have to do is call ahead, to get a time slot on a specific day.:ani29:

Amanda B
03-24-2010, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE=Amanda B;191100]If I take mine in, it is a two week waiting period. Hopefully, you'll get yours back quick!

Two Weeks?! Good grief...my dealership (Action Motorsports, Lafayette) has my servicing and tech work done in a few hours. All I have to do is call ahead, to get a time slot on a specific day.:ani29:

I've always been displeased with my dealership, I've bought other toys from them as well, and it has been a hassle then as well. They are very unorganized and uninformed. You can't make appointments, and I bought the service plan which I was told means I take it in, and it is done ahead of those that don't have the service plan. They say to show up as soon as they open and it would be first if I got there first, but apparently not now. They said due to the early riding season all they are doing is prepping stuff for spring, no diagnostic work is being done right now. All I wanted them to do was to check the parking break and rear break, which would probably take half an hour at the most.

8LEGS
03-24-2010, 08:59 AM
I purchased my spyder from Action Motorsports in Lafayette. I'm having the recall done and they are going to check to see if I need the ground wire. I'm leaving it there for them. I won't have an opportunity to get it until next Tuesday anyway. Hopefully they won't need it any longer.:yikes:

Trickie Dick
03-24-2010, 09:17 AM

I'd be interested to know what they charge for an oil change after you have it done. Are you getting both filters changed on the SE or just the main one?
Dick

8LEGS
03-24-2010, 10:05 AM
My last oil change was 169.90. I don't know about the filters or what they changed.

Amanda B
03-24-2010, 03:09 PM
My last oil change was 169.90. I don't know about the filters or what they changed.

Do you just do the regular scheduled maintenance? That is all that I have been doing, I have a service contract for three years so I just take it in when needed and they do whatever it is they do free of charge unless I have to buy certain parts, which hasn't happened yet. So, I don't usually know exactly what they do!

Questions
03-27-2010, 10:49 AM
My wife and I are planning to attend. We would trailer the Spyder down because my wife can't ride that far with her bad knees. We are looking for a campground close to the meeting place. Could anyone suggest one?

retread
03-27-2010, 11:10 AM
My wife and I are planning to attend. We would trailer the Spyder down because my wife can't ride that far with her bad knees. We are looking for a campground close to the meeting place. Could anyone suggest one?
Brown County State Park is a stone's throw from Nashville, they should have a campground, I'll see if I can get some info for you.

john

NancysToy
03-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Heaven knows I'd like to ride down and intrude on this, but we have a family wedding that day. Sorry folks!

8LEGS
03-28-2010, 12:18 AM
Heaven knows I'd like to ride down and intrude on this, but we have a family wedding that day. Sorry folks!

Bummer .... You can intrude any time Scotty!! :2thumbs:

BTW ... I'm sure we'll be planning a ride to Northern Indiana in the near future. :yes:

Trickie Dick
03-28-2010, 07:24 AM
It would be great if you could make it. Love to have you. If wedding plans change:yikes:, come on down.
Dick

retread
04-01-2010, 07:02 AM
The meet will be at Casa del Sol, 51 Parkview Road. It's a good Mexican restaurant, east of Nashville on the south side of 46, between the southern part of 135 and the Brown County Park entrance. You can see it from 46, and if I can figure out how to do it, I'll get a map posted.
The southern loop I wanted to take would be a 4 to 5 hour run; I'm working on a shorter route that will give us some time to check out things in Nashville. Any ideas/suggestions would be welcome.

john

Trickie Dick
04-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Retread, the restaurant & route sounds good. It may be a good idea to get the restaurant a headcount and maybe we can have our own little private room:thumbup:

Also if we know who is coming for sure and from where, maybe we can set a meeting place around Indy somewhere and ride down together:dontknow:

So can we get a head count again and make sure everyone is still in from when we started planning back in Jan. I hope our friends from out of state can still make it.

Questions
04-01-2010, 07:40 PM
My wife and I are coming from Mishawaka, IN. We are camping at the Last Resort RV Park. It sounds like the restaurant is close by. See you on the 17th.

funon3
04-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Barring some kind of disaster, I will attend the ride on the 17th.

funon3

superfly3
04-02-2010, 12:41 AM
welcome funon3

superfly3
04-02-2010, 12:44 AM
I was really hoping to make this one but I have plans,hey Indiana terry I am in Elkhart we should get together and go riding sometime.

Trickie Dick
04-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Barring some kind of disaster, I will attend the ride on the 17th.

funon3
welcome Nice to have you aboard. What part of Indy do you live? Hope to see you on the 17th.
Dick

Amanda B
04-02-2010, 08:33 PM
What time are we meeting again? I may end up having to take my spyder to the shop. Are we going to eat lunch and then ride? If we are doing that and my spyder is in the shop I'll drive my car to at least have lunch. Hopefully, I'll be there on my bike though. I plan on bringing a friend.

8LEGS
04-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Welcome Funon3. I've added you to the list.:2thumbs:

Amanda, hopefully the issue you were having was just caused by the road. I picked my Spyder up on Tuesday and no problems. They had it done very quick, but I couldn't get off work or find a ride until Tuesday. :2thumbs:

Amanda B
04-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Welcome Funon3. I've added you to the list.:2thumbs:

Amanda, hopefully the issue you were having was just caused by the road. I picked my Spyder up on Tuesday and no problems. They had it done very quick, but I couldn't get off work or find a ride until Tuesday. :2thumbs:

Glad to hear you got it back quickly!

Are we meeting at 11:00??

retread
04-06-2010, 07:14 AM
Okay, it looks like we'll meet at Casa del Sol, 51 Parkview, just east of Nashville; it's on the south side of the 46, you can see it from the road.
Tentative time is 11 AM, we'll greet, eat, look over the ryde, and all that stuff.
I tried to set up a southern loop, but couldn't find decent roads that would give us less than a 4 hour run, so we'll be going north through Peoga, then close to Trafalgar, through Morgantown, Helmsburg, and end up in Nashville. I'll have maps and directions.

john

8LEGS
04-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Sounds good John. :ohyea:

Lavardi
04-12-2010, 09:55 AM
I live in Evansville, Indiana and I possibly will be attending this meet and greet. If anyone else is in the Evansville area send me a PM or something and let me know not alot of Spyder riders around here. lol

superfly3
04-12-2010, 10:54 AM
welcome lavardi

retread
04-12-2010, 02:01 PM
welcome bunch of good people here, hope to see you Saturday.

john

retread
04-12-2010, 02:05 PM
I probably could use a count of how many we've got planning to meet Saturday, so the reastaurant can be prepared. This might be the biggest group so far.:2thumbs:

john

8LEGS
04-12-2010, 09:30 PM
This might be the biggest group so far.:2thumbs:

john
:2thumbs::2thumbs:

So far this is what I came up with:

AmandaB
8Legs
Trickie Dick
Retread
IndyBill
jeremy taflinger
rocketcarwash
IndianaTerry
Charlotte
CincySpyder
funon3
Mark_Rees

Woods428 - maybe
NewRider - Maybe
Indyrobb - maybe
Lavardi - maybe
nightcruiser - maybe

NewRider
04-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Sorry to tell all of you...cannot make the Ride. Wife has medical issues, and I managed to pop my left leg out of hip socket...:yikes: Boy, did that smart! Still kinda tender, but healing. Please post pics afterwards; would love to see everyone, even if only vicariously...have a great time and ride!:2thumbs:

Trickie Dick
04-13-2010, 04:58 PM
If any of you from the Indy area would like to meet up Saturday morning to ride down to Nashville, please post on here or PM me. 3 of us from north Indy and points north are planning on riding down together. If you like, meet us at Southport Rd and 37 at the BP station on the southeast side of the corner. (2025 W Southport Rd on your GPS dial). Plan on being there around 9:45-10:00. From there we will go on over to 135 south and take that down to Nashville.
Again, please let me know as we don't want to wait around if no one is going to show up. If we know you're coming, we'll be there for you.
Looking forward to seeing everyone. :2excited::yes::yes:

funon3
04-14-2010, 12:19 AM
Dick,
Would be nice to ride down as a group so I will plan to meet up with you guys at the BP on Sat. morning. Hope the weather cooperates and I am looking forward to the ride.

Tom--funon3 :2thumbs:

Lavardi
04-14-2010, 07:53 AM
It looks like I may not be able to make this one guys. But wish you all the best of ride.

retread
04-14-2010, 04:54 PM
I just got back from checking with the restaurant, on Saturdays, they open at 12 noon. I will try to be there earlier than that, probably around 11, for any of you that want to meet up then.

john

Trickie Dick
04-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Dick,
Would be nice to ride down as a group so I will plan to meet up with you guys at the BP on Sat. morning. Hope the weather cooperates and I am looking forward to the ride.

Tom--funon3 :2thumbs:

Ok, Tom:2thumbs: See ya there. Let's say 10 since the restaurant doesn't open till noon.
Anyone else???

8LEGS
04-14-2010, 08:19 PM
I'll meet you at your house Dick. I'm not sure Jeremy & his girlfriend are going to be able to go. Their son is home from the Marines. Hopefully he will chime in and let us know, if not I have his phone #.

I'll try to be at your place around 9 .... give or take a few .... unless I should be there earlier. :2thumbs:

superfly3
04-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Wish I was going:(,but have fun ride safe and someone take pics so we all can see how it went. I will make the next ride for sure!:yes:

Indyrobb
04-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Unfortunately my maybe has turned into a no. I'm on call this weekend as our IT Admin is on vacation - so I'll be thinking of you guys and gals as I'm sitting here at the house, just anxiously awaiting someone to call me needing a password reset or something. :gaah:

Everyone have a good trip and stay safe. Hope to see some pictures when you all get home.

CincySpyder
04-15-2010, 09:03 PM
my wife and myself will not be able to make it either. my son has a baseball game:(

Questions
04-15-2010, 10:45 PM
I'll be there,,,any place in peticuler and what time ?:spyder2::spyder2:

8LEGS
04-15-2010, 11:30 PM
I'll be there,,,any place in peticuler and what time ?:spyder2::spyder2:

Okay, it looks like we'll meet at Casa del Sol, 51 Parkview, just east of Nashville; it's on the south side of the 46, you can see it from the road.
I tried to set up a southern loop, but couldn't find decent roads that would give us less than a 4 hour run, so we'll be going north through Peoga, then close to Trafalgar, through Morgantown, Helmsburg, and end up in Nashville. I'll have maps and directions.

john

retread
04-16-2010, 08:34 AM
The restaurant opens at noon on Saturdays, I'll be there at 11, just in case somebody misses this post. See you all tomorrow.

john

Questions
04-16-2010, 06:42 PM
My wife and I are here, staying at the Last Resort Campground. We drove around, found the restaurant and then drove around Nashville. Beautiful area and the flowering trees and shrubs are in full bloom. Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow.

Trickie Dick
04-16-2010, 07:15 PM
My wife and I are here, staying at the Last Resort Campground. We drove around, found the restaurant and then drove around Nashville. Beautiful area and the flowering trees and shrubs are in full bloom. Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow.
Glad you made it. Stay warm tonight. supposed cool down. See you tomorrow.
Dick

8LEGS
04-16-2010, 08:16 PM
See you all tomorrow. Dick, I'll see you in the morning around 8:45 - 9:00 ish.

Trickie Dick
04-16-2010, 09:16 PM
:thumbup: Coming alone?
BTW for your GPS, the second leg of your trip is:
2025 W. Southport Rd
Indianapolis, In 46217

Questions
04-17-2010, 12:52 AM
:spyder2:
:2thumbs:Semper Fi

8LEGS
04-17-2010, 04:48 AM
:thumbup: Coming alone?
BTW for your GPS, the second leg of your trip is:
2025 W. Southport Rd
Indianapolis, In 46217

Yes, I'll be coming alone. Jeremy is unable to make the trip. I knew it was going to be chilly this morning, but ...... it's 38 degrees. Brrrrrrr. I'm going to leave a little early so I can fuel up before I head out of town. I might be at your place a little earlier than planned.

Trickie Dick
04-18-2010, 07:27 AM
It was great to meet/see everyone. I hope everyone enjoyed lunch:chat: and the ride. I especially liked seeing all the mods on the spyders. We got some real talented spyderlovers here in Indiana.
So, When and Where is the next one:popcorn:
Dick

Trickie Dick
04-18-2010, 07:29 AM
It was great to meet/see everyone. I hope everyone enjoyed lunch:chat: and the ride. I especially liked seeing all the mods on the spyders. We got some real talented spyderlovers here in Indiana.
So, When and Where is the next one:popcorn:
Dick
P S
Thanks to retread(john) for arranging the lunch and setting up the ride. They were both well done.

retread
04-18-2010, 12:20 PM
P S
Thanks to retread(john) for arranging the lunch and setting up the ride. They were both well done.
Aww, shucks.:roflblack:

john

superfly3
04-18-2010, 12:24 PM
any pics:popcorn:

Amanda B
04-18-2010, 04:00 PM
a couple pictures. I kind of have this thing where I think if I'm taking pictures than I'm actually missing out on the experience so I usually don't take many if I take any at all. I'll post what I have. Someone took a video of all of us pulling out (except for themselves anyway) that I'd like to see.

superfly3
04-18-2010, 05:04 PM
:thumbup: looks like everyone had fun.

retread
04-19-2010, 02:13 PM
do it again?:yikes:

john

funon3
04-19-2010, 03:40 PM
I had a great time on Saturday. Fun to meet everyone and check out their machines. Lunch was great and the ride was a lot of fun. Thanks to Dick & John for all the work to help set this up. Hope we can do something like that again.

Tom--Funon3 :2thumbs:

Amanda B
04-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Did anyone get some nice pictures to post?

Until I get my spyder looked at I don't think I'll be doing any more rides. It was fun, but since the pulling problems I've been having I have to say I trust my spyder about as much as I'd trust a strange pit bull alone in a room with a two year old. So, I've been taking curves slower, which I wasn't able to do on the ride or I would have gotten lost! :yikes: I had another incident on the way home, and if they can't figure it out I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it at this point. Hopefully, it will be figured out and I'll be good to go shortly.

I did get a phone call from BRP regarding the DPS/steering issues as they are reading the posts here. I wasn't home, but they left an extremely long message.

Anyway, I'd like to do it again but I've gotta get the spyder fixed first.

8LEGS
04-19-2010, 05:45 PM
I posted some pictures in the general discussion thread. Would write more but I'm at work taking a quick break. Thank goodness for my blackberry!

Trickie Dick
04-19-2010, 07:56 PM
I had a great time on Saturday. Fun to meet everyone and check out their machines. Lunch was great and the ride was a lot of fun. Thanks to Dick & John for all the work to help set this up. Hope we can do something like that again.

Tom--Funon3 :2thumbs:
Hey Tom, sorry we lost you on the ride back. Tina and I got off at 86th and turned into the BP station on the right to wait for you. Saw you ride by. We tried to hail you but you headed on by. I'm glad you came. Look forward to riding with you again.
Dick

Questions
04-19-2010, 08:38 PM
here are my pics and video from nashville,,I hope i can get them uploaded

Questions
04-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Guess I figured it out..LOL

Honker
04-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Here are some more pictures from the Indiana meet!

Questions
04-19-2010, 08:46 PM
this should be the last of them

jima1153
04-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it. Still planting corn. Hopefully next time. :2thumbs:

8LEGS
04-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Nightcruiser ..... thanks for the pics. Did you get the video uploaded yet?
I posted pictures here .... http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18703

:2thumbs:

Questions
04-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Meet and greet at Nashville In.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYqR31oBEG8:spyder2:

superfly3
04-20-2010, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the post nightcruiser,great turn out and looks like a good time was had.:thumbup:

Questions
04-20-2010, 06:44 AM
Im not sure what your problem is but a buddy of mine here had to have a steering shaft replaced account of a bent spindle. Dont ask me any more about it but it might be something to look into if they cant figure it out. he said he had a lot of vibration on one side in peticuler and didnt say anything about having curbed it or not.:spyder2:

Did anyone get some nice pictures to post?

Until I get my spyder looked at I don't think I'll be doing any more rides. It was fun, but since the pulling problems I've been having I have to say I trust my spyder about as much as I'd trust a strange pit bull alone in a room with a two year old. So, I've been taking curves slower, which I wasn't able to do on the ride or I would have gotten lost! :yikes: I had another incident on the way home, and if they can't figure it out I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it at this point. Hopefully, it will be figured out and I'll be good to go shortly.

I did get a phone call from BRP regarding the DPS/steering issues as they are reading the posts here. I wasn't home, but they left an extremely long message.

Anyway, I'd like to do it again but I've gotta get the spyder fixed first.

8LEGS
04-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Here are some more pictures from the Indiana meet!

HONK HONK ............................. Who Dat?? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: