PDA

View Full Version : Test Ride RTS

westgl
01-21-2010, 09:14 PM
I just test rode the RT-SE5 today, I noticed that It seemed to do more body rocking side to side than the RS.

I went for about a 50 mile ride up into some mountains with a pillion but no other added weight.

It seemed to be plenty of power on flat but when we went up into the mountains it was a little lacking of power.

My Goldwing just keeps begging for more, I twist the throttle on the Goldwing and it give you all you want.

Too bad they did not use the Rotax 1100 motor with 6 spd motor.

the rocking back and fourth while riding kinda bugged me. Maybe this is too soft a setting on the front suspension??

Anyone try adjusting their front suspension?

Other than these two thing the RTS was a pleasure to ride

thanks

westgl

Big Arm
01-21-2010, 09:30 PM
welcome westgl

More than likely they have the demo Spyders set up for the softer ride.

Lamonster
01-21-2010, 10:17 PM
welcome
This is a common complaint on the test drives. The front shocks need to be cranked all the way up to take out the role.

frank3
01-22-2010, 11:23 AM
When I picked up my RT, I had asked the dealer to set the front at the next to highest setting but he didn't do it telling me that would be too stiff. I based my request on reading the info in the on line owners manual and the fact that I am 6'5" and weigh 225. Book clearly says that it should be set at different levels for different loads. Oh well, I cranked it up and after reading Lamont's post, I may set it to max but need some ridding time to evaluate. Weather hasen't allowed time to ride. Lamont, how stiff is your ride? Looking at your on line photo's, I'm guessing your weight might be close to mine, no offense.

westgl
01-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi

The Dealer said that the front suspension was set at the factory setting and that was position #1 the softest setting.

from reading some other posts I will try the following;

1. Boosting the air pressure in the tire to 20psi
2. Crank the front shocks to number 4 position
3. Add some air to the rear shock raise it to 75psi

Now if I could only get another 30-h.p. & 40-lb/ft more torque out of the motor, I would be happy.

Westgl

Ken5517 / Wish Again
01-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Hi

The Dealer said that the front suspension was set at the factory setting and that was position #1 the softest setting.

from reading some other posts I will try the following;

1. Boosting the air pressure in the tire to 20psi
2. Crank the front shocks to number 4 position
3. Add some air to the rear shock raise it to 75psi

Now if I could only get another 30-h.p. & 40-lb/ft more torque out of the motor, I would be happy.

Westgl

This will be a good starting point for you! :2thumbs: