PDA

View Full Version : Handy capeable

Roger
01-19-2010, 06:37 PM
I know this question maybe a little early but figured i would ask because we spyderlovers can be pretty clever. Has anyone designed plans or already figured out how to strap a wheelchair to the new RT for our handicapeable riders. :chat:

RoadHammer
01-19-2010, 07:28 PM
I think the RT will be a little tougher to do than the RS. too much protruding from the RT. The only solution I see now is the rear mount via Racketdave , or carry it in a trailer.

I am rethinking my current chair holder setup to something different for my spyder.

Donzo
01-19-2010, 07:49 PM
Seems like having a 2" reciever hitch like what is available from MMG would work great for this - You can set up something similar to a reciever hitch bicycle carrier......

RoadHammer
01-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Ya that should work

Roger
01-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Seems like having a 2" reciever hitch like what is available from MMG would work great for this - You can set up something similar to a reciever hitch bicycle carrier......

That seems like a good idea but will the ryder beable to reach it from the seat. :dontknow:

NancysToy
01-20-2010, 06:31 PM
That seems like a good idea but will the ryder beable to reach it from the seat. :dontknow:
I had the same concerns.....that the luggage and the stepped seat could be a difficulty. Not much way to move about, reach, or adjust your position on the RT. Seeing what people have accomplished, though, where there's a will, there's a way, even if the RT is not as adaptable as the GS/RS.

RoadHammer
01-20-2010, 11:34 PM
im working on putting my chair right beside the driver seat. kind of sitting on a small permanent skeleton frame.

NancysToy
01-21-2010, 08:43 AM
im working on putting my chair right beside the driver seat. kind of sitting on a small permanent skeleton frame.
Looking forward to seeing the results. :clap:

obiwanbill
02-09-2010, 11:45 PM

MMG welded/bolted a carrier along the left side of their hitch for me. I wheel up, jump onto the bike, turn sideways and fold up the wheelchair and slip it in the rack. With the RT, you'd have to extend the mount outward to clear the saddlebag.

I had to get the mirror extentions as the chair blocked the left mirror's view

NancysToy
02-10-2010, 07:30 AM
MMG welded/bolted a carrier along the left side of their hitch for me. I wheel up, jump onto the bike, turn sideways and fold up the wheelchiar and slip it in the rack. With the RT, you'd have to extend the mount outward to clear the saddlebag.

I had to get the mirror extentions aas the chair blocked the left mirror's view
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Looks like it came from the factory that way!

tjfischer
02-10-2010, 08:01 AM

What about something like the Surfboard Racks.

http://www.surferpeg.com/index.htm

RoHo
02-11-2010, 07:51 PM
This wheelchair rack woul accomodate the new RT's. The mounting arms might need to be lengthened to clear the saddle box.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=644