PDA

View Full Version : Is SpydersNest a legit vendor or was I just scammed for < $500?

jsmiley
01-18-2010, 10:06 PM
I just did a search for spydersnest.com here and to my horror i found the following closed thread.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10408&highlight=spydersnest

From reports on other sites a sticky would be appropriate. Maybe I could have avoided them.

I ordered over 2 weeks ago and have received no status, no responses to my emails, and no call backs. I was just going to check if anyone else had done business with them.

I just left them a last VM to call me by tomorrow else I am calling my CC company and reporting it as fraud. :cus:

Smylinacha
01-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Ouch! I just went thru something similar w/ an online vendor when I was ordering chaps - never answered the phone - it never went to voice mail - just rang and rang. Sent several emails and my last one to them was how I was going to call my credit card company and report them for fraud. I did hear back - got my money back. Took a while though.

Hope you get your money back! And you can go to ripoffreports.com and report it to the BBB where they are located.

BLACK WIDOW
01-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Ouch! I just went thru something similar w/ an online vendor when I was ordering chaps - never answered the phone - it never went to voice mail - just rang and rang. Sent several emails and my last one to them was how I was going to call my credit card company and report them for fraud. I did hear back - got my money back. Took a while though.

Hope you get your money back! And you can go to ripoffreports.com and report it to the BBB where they are located.
I ordered from them once and after several weeks I found the item was never shipped. They kept telling me it was. I cancelled the order, called my credit card company and informed them to accept no charges from Spyder nest. Haven't heard from them since and hope I never do. :f_spider:

Michael:doorag:

Tripod
01-19-2010, 12:16 AM
I had problems with them as well. Finally got my stuff after way to much calling. Steer clear of them.

Tripod :doorag:

Firefly
01-19-2010, 12:25 AM
I just did a search for spydersnest.com here and to my horror i found the following closed thread.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10408&highlight=spydersnest

From reports on other sites a sticky would be appropriate. Maybe I could have avoided them.

I ordered over 2 weeks ago and have received no status, no responses to my emails, and no call backs. I was just going to check if anyone else had done business with them.

I just left them a last VM to call me by tomorrow else I am calling my CC company and reporting it as fraud. :cus:

Your CC company will back you 100% on this kind of thing - had it happen quite a few times and they usually reverse the charges immediately.

retired1
01-19-2010, 12:54 AM
I ordered my handlebar risers and cee williams windshield from them and never had any problems with the order. They also own another business, wingdreams.com, which stocks Goldwing accessories. Just relating my experience with them.

retired1
01-19-2010, 01:21 AM
After my first posting I went back and read the referenced closed forum. In April about the time of that posting I had just bought my :spyder:and knew nothing about "Spyderlovers" or the vendors on this forum. I'm sorry to hear about those who had problems with Spydernest, I guess I was one of the lucky ones!

jrbloise
01-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Thanks to the heads up on Spydersnest.com to all the folks who posted. I have never ordered from them, but I have visited their site a few times and placed thier URL in my Favorites folder for possible future orders.

After reading all this, I have DELETED them!

John

Donzo
01-19-2010, 11:59 AM
I ordered from them early in 09 - they said product was shipped, then got lost - then they said they re-shipped, waited 3 weeks no product showed up. Then i called them again and they got defensive and said I need to be patient.......I called my credit card company had their charge removed and ordered from Kewlmetal - I had the product in 4 days.

Do Not do business with these folks at Spydersnest.

irish2themax
01-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Before odering online. I ALWAYS check the Internet for negative comments about the vendor. SpydersNest gets negative comments in various forums

XXX 74
01-19-2010, 04:01 PM
wow... sorry to hear that...

that is why most of my stuff comes directly from Kewlmetal...
you simply cant go wrong with them...

dont waste your time. call the CC and end the agony...

jsmiley
01-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Well I got my call today and though there were a lot of reasons why they did not call me or write me back (e.g. they have issues sending to gmail, there processing system blew my phone number out of my profile, etc.).

Tim did seem genuine and was very apologetic and amicable. He sent me tracking info for one package that has my order minus one piece that is still coming. He sent me USPS tracking number that has it in Sterling VA 2 days ago. It is a little suspicious though as ther is no delivery address on the tracking detail and I live only 25 miles from Sterling. I expect i am a bit guarded right now and everything looks suspicious.

The other part should be coming next week from what he said. I guess time will tell.

I did talk to him about the level of communication on the order. I can tolerate fumbling, long as I know what is going on. If the package doesn't arrive my CC will take care of it, they always do a good job.

Im gonna stay optimistic and I will report how it turns out.

:pray:

BajaRon
01-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Even the best vendors can have issues. But there is never a reason for no contact or the run-around.

Sounds like these guys have a track record. A few hits but a lot of misses. Doesn't sound like a good place to shop.

jnt
01-19-2010, 09:36 PM
You do have an alternative - dispute the charge with you credit card company. Not receiving goods is a valid dispute, and you should get your money back. I had a similar issue with a vendor (not Spyder-related). Took 3 months, but got full refund.

HTH

Firefly
01-20-2010, 12:31 AM
You can simply have your CC cancel the charges--- and if a package does show up just refuse it---- if they have to bite the shipping charges-- so be it---- sounds like they need to learn better business practices.