PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Lamont, Carlo called

dltang
01-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Well, for those of you that know my plight, I have been spyderless for about 4 months now and so has Brian. There have been real reasons and excuses along the way. Lamont put in a request with BRP on our behalf. Carlo just called this morning and spoke with Brian. He filled him in on the Reader's Digest version of our story. Carlo is trying to contact the service manager at our dealership as I type this post. We have had a pretty mild winter in this part of Michigan and both Brian and I could be riding our spyder. I have been patient beyond my normal limits. I am not going to get all negative now and go into any downward spiral on BRP or my dealership. I just want my issues wrapped up and to be riding my spyder again. I appreciate Carlo's quick response and customer service. I truly do not know where any or all of the fault lies in this whole saga. I know some of it is parts, some of it is service at the dealership and probably a whole lot of other things thrown into the mix. The worst is that they haven't even started work on Brian's spyder and if they took the same amount of time for his as they have for my, he would be spyderless for 8 full months, that is not acceptable. Brian discussed various possibilities for a solution with Carlo. Now we will see if this process speeds up. I truly miss riding my spyder and can not wait for it's return.

Mo Lee
01-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Good luck I hope they get you two Spydering again soon. Meeting you two last summer I know how much you love your Spyders, and I can not believe you've been that tolerant. BRP needs to recognize how much your trip and blogs last summer did to promote the Spyder.

WackyDan
01-18-2010, 01:05 PM
I'd say you've been more than patient. I would have already blown a gasket on a four month wait.

RTGENE
01-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Mo-Lee
Has understated your patience-----!!!!!!
Our brief lunch together in Saint Louis firmed up a friendship for years to come.
If at any point you think that a few hundred emails form your friends and fellow spyder riders would help just mention it.
You have been good for BRrP and we are all hoping/watching how they treat you.
Gene

Lamonster
01-18-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm truly sorry it's taken this long to get you back on the road no matter who's fault it was. For sure it wasn't yours or Brian's. Hope we can put some miles on together this year. Take care

docdoru
01-18-2010, 01:39 PM
I considered you both my friends and I'm deeply concerned for the unacceptable delay in repairing your Spyders. :shocked:

Smylinacha
01-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Hope you guys get your Spyders fixed soon - it has been a very long time and you guys definitely have alot of patience!

DynamoBT
01-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Sure hope you are back on the road soon!! 4 months about 3 1/2 months too long to wait!

fastfraser
01-18-2010, 03:46 PM
WOW !!!!

Hope you two are back riding soon .

tatt2r
01-18-2010, 04:23 PM
That's it you people are too nice .... I'm not .... I'd go down and start swinging call me if u need me to go down there and kick the crap out of someone :D

musicarcade
01-18-2010, 04:38 PM
I'd say you've been more than patient. I would have already blown a gasket on a four month wait.
:agree:
I've only waited 2 weeks (hoping its back tomorrow) and I am antsy! It's been 4 weeks since I reported the problem but I couldn't get my :spyder: picked up until the first of the year. So far I've been impressed w/ Action Powersports of Savannah- they seem to be on the ball and doing what they can to get me back on my :spyder:.

freebob
01-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Hi there musicarcade, We met a while back at Sunset Pizzeria Bluffton/Okatie I was on the PE full moon we chatted some and I was just curious as to what kind of problem you are having with your Spyder:gaah:

Freebob

Big Arm
01-18-2010, 08:21 PM
That's it you people are too nice .... I'm not .... I'd go down and start swinging call me if u need me to go down there and kick the crap out of someone :D

I heard that he could do it too. :roflblack:

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc325/larryspic/jpbig.jpg

Roaddog2
01-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Stories like this or should I say Facts reale want me to run to a dealer and order another one :joke: are you listening BRP wake up :mad:

musicarcade
01-18-2010, 10:25 PM
The Incredible Tatt2R !!!!! That's funny:roflblack:

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc325/larryspic/jpbig.jpg
OMG :yikes: that's funny!:clap:
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

dltang
01-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks for all the support everyone. Hopefully, I will have better news sooner than later and I won't have to send tatt2r after them. :D

Roaddog2
01-18-2010, 10:29 PM
Thanks for all the support everyone. Hopefully, I will have better news sooner than later and I won't have to send tatt2r after them. :D:agree:But us East Coasters need a excuse for a ride :doorag:

Smylinacha
01-18-2010, 10:40 PM
He needs to be green
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=141&pictureid=7320

Firefly
01-19-2010, 12:42 AM
Well, for those of you that know my plight, I have been spyderless for about 4 months now and so has Brian. There have been real reasons and excuses along the way. Lamont put in a request with BRP on our behalf. Carlo just called this morning and spoke with Brian. He filled him in on the Reader's Digest version of our story. Carlo is trying to contact the service manager at our dealership as I type this post. We have had a pretty mild winter in this part of Michigan and both Brian and I could be riding our spyder. I have been patient beyond my normal limits. I am not going to get all negative now and go into any downward spiral on BRP or my dealership. I just want my issues wrapped up and to be riding my spyder again. I appreciate Carlo's quick response and customer service. I truly do not know where any or all of the fault lies in this whole saga. I know some of it is parts, some of it is service at the dealership and probably a whole lot of other things thrown into the mix. The worst is that they haven't even started work on Brian's spyder and if they took the same amount of time for his as they have for my, he would be spyderless for 8 full months, that is not acceptable. Brian discussed various possibilities for a solution with Carlo. Now we will see if this process speeds up. I truly miss riding my spyder and can not wait for it's return.

I sure hope you guys can get these fixed and put all this behind you. Your patience is beyond amazing. I've never been a big fan of winter riding - but I did do 60 miles the other day and it really wasn't that bad at all.

One concern I would have is them putting the whole thing back together after having it all sit apart for so long. From the various projects and machines I work with - I can tell you it's always best to re-assemble things while they are fresh in your head from tearing them down.

Perhaps BRP will see the light and decide to send an engine out to you in order to get you on the road spreading the good word of the Spyder again!

Good Luck!

mxz600
01-19-2010, 10:19 AM

WOW :yikes:
I haven't been reading the forum much lately (it's a different season for me now), but when I read this I couldn't believe it. I am a BRP fanboy, I love my ski-doos and my Spyder, but this on so many levels is unacceptable. If this had happened in May your whole summer would have been shot. If BRP is building Spyders and the 990 Rotax, it would seem there are parts available to fix yours. I think the least your dealer and BRP could do would be to give you and Brian demos to ride until you got yours back. Good luck Deb, I hope Carlo can get the ball moving.

SpyderGirl
01-19-2010, 12:30 PM
I am so sorry to hear about what has happened to you guys. I know you both really love your Spyders and it's ridiculous what they are putting you guys through. I hope it is resolved quickly so you can get back on the road.

caser
01-19-2010, 01:39 PM
One of the several sad things here is you consider the Carlos responce after four mos. to be "quick". When did your dealer call them for help? or did they ever call them? Although Lamonts help is alway appreciated it should'nt come to that. Your dealer should be ashamed. This whole thing is sad and you guys deserve better.

tatt2r
01-19-2010, 03:26 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........Incredible TATT2R needs a new Avatar:thumbup:

and bigger shorts:opps::opps::opps:

Smylinacha
01-19-2010, 03:35 PM
:roflblack::thumbup:

and bigger shorts:opps::opps::opps:

sabunim5
01-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Best of Luck and Warmest Wishes to you both. :2thumbs:

SpyderByter
01-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Good Luck, I hope you get quick results now

dltang
01-19-2010, 09:20 PM
One of the several sad things here is you consider the Carlos responce after four mos. to be "quick". When did your dealer call them for help? or did they ever call them? Although Lamonts help is alway appreciated it should'nt come to that. Your dealer should be ashamed. This whole thing is sad and you guys deserve better.

We did not call Carlo before. We have been sitting around accepting all the reasons and excuses that our service manager has given us up to this point. He has always been a stand up guy and we have always had great service. We had no reason to believe anything other than what we were being told. Lamont contacted Carlo on our behalf.

Right now, I am finally mad though. Brian spoke with Carlo again today and it seems that the latest hold up is just that they are not getting to our spyders, it is snowmobile season after all. Well as Brian pointed out, we ride potentially 5-7 days a week, year round, snowmobiles ride a long weekend every week or so. So who needs their machine more, I think we do. We plan on calling the owner tomorrow, and inform him of how unhappy we are now. How we have recommended them in the past and how we are not sure that would be the case now. Carlo is giving as much pull as possible but this is not a franchise dealership so BRP really doesn't have any pull in the matter. I think it is time for me to be on the phone every day and visiting the dealer once or twice a week until they are so tired of me they fix my spyder.

Big Arm
01-19-2010, 09:35 PM
You both deserve to be mad and with good reason.
Here's wishing you and Brian the best.

Lamonster
01-19-2010, 10:01 PM
We did not call Carlo before. We have been sitting around accepting all the reasons and excuses that our service manager has given us up to this point. He has always been a stand up guy and we have always had great service. We had no reason to believe anything other than what we were being told. Lamont contacted Carlo on our behalf.

Right now, I am finally mad though. Brian spoke with Carlo again today and it seems that the latest hold up is just that they are not getting to our spyders, it is snowmobile season after all. Well as Brian pointed out, we ride potentially 5-7 days a week, year round, snowmobiles ride a long weekend every week or so. So who needs their machine more, I think we do. We plan on calling the owner tomorrow, and inform him of how unhappy we are now. How we have recommended them in the past and how we are not sure that would be the case now. Carlo is giving as much pull as possible but this is not a franchise dealership so BRP really doesn't have any pull in the matter. I think it is time for me to be on the phone every day and visiting the dealer once or twice a week until they are so tired of me they fix my spyder.
:gaah:

Smylinacha
01-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Wow! How did Carlo find this out - the dealer admitted that to him? "well gee Carlo, since it's sled season here we've been too busy to get to the :spyder2:s but we will once the snow melts" WTH?! &)(*&$$$^&^%$

Well at least it's been found out and now yeah - go get 'em! We got your back!:thumbup:

NancysToy
01-19-2010, 11:03 PM

If you need me to bring over the trailer so we can load either (or both) Spyders (and parts) and take them elsewhere, under Carlo's direction, let me know. I know it's not a preferable option, but it may give you a bargaining chip.

WackyDan
01-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Right now, I am finally mad though. Brian spoke with Carlo again today and it seems that the latest hold up is just that they are not getting to our spyders, it is snowmobile season after all.

Funny... I had that same thought at the start of this thread. Remind them that the Spyders are Snowmobiles with wheels????:dontknow:

Problem is... they took it apart... How would you even know that you had everything if you took it to another dealer. Best bet is to have them finish the job. Another bet is to pay a lawyer to write a letter to the dealership. Might be worth the investment to get something done. -after all, making payments on something for four months and not having use of it is kinda crappy eh? It would be a like a game of chicken though.

Can Carlo threaten to get another dealer involved and threaten to not pay them for the warranty time they've got invested so far? On the other hand, they may try sticking you with a bill given they haven't completed the warranty work and you could pull the bike to another dealer. You are in an almost no win situation... play the game carefully.

widowmaker2011
01-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Deb- Perhaps a reminder that It sure wasn't snowmobile season when they took them apart.....??????????
My dealer is a big sled dealer also and has 2 spyders and 3 motorcycles apart now working on them right along with the sleds. (has 4 techs total, one is prep so really 3) I am shocked at the old school thinking of some dealers. In my book this would be so far past acceptable at this point ....

I've seen two spyders torn down completely this summer and fall at his shop (one melted a clutch, rider error and filled the motor with aluminum and fiber clutch material, that motor was taken out, taken apart down to the last bolt , new bearings , clutch etc and was running in 5 business days, the other was the same teardown repair but due to oil starvation and required way more parts and was out of service 10 days.) Absurd isn't the word of what you're going through. If this is a BRP sled dealer and does not sell bikes you may have a good diagnostician but asking a guy that has limited bike motor tear downs under his belt to do any major motor work would be like asking a dentist to set a broken ankle. Most sled techs (and weekend warriors) can have a 2 stroke sled motor apart and back together completely rebuilt in about 4 hours. Drop the 990 motor on them and they start babbling funny words in a broken dialect and find a million excuses why they need to fix someone elses sled first. Trust me been there done that.

Firefly
01-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Funny... I had that same thought at the start of this thread. Remind them that the Spyders are Snowmobiles with wheels????:dontknow:

Problem is... they took it apart... How would you even know that you had everything if you took it to another dealer. Best bet is to have them finish the job. Another bet is to pay a lawyer to write a letter to the dealership. Might be worth the investment to get something done. -after all, making payments on something for four months and not having use of it is kinda crappy eh? It would be a like a game of chicken though.

Can Carlo threaten to get another dealer involved and threaten to not pay them for the warranty time they've got invested so far? On the other hand, they may try sticking you with a bill given they haven't completed the warranty work and you could pull the bike to another dealer. You are in an almost no win situation... play the game carefully.\]

:agree:

If you switch mid-stream to another dealer you're just asking for trouble. If anything ends up wrong they will both end up pointing the finger at the other. I still contend warranty repairs might get put on the back burner because the dealer doesn't make as much on them.

I would have flipped a cap by now!

docdoru
01-20-2010, 12:32 AM
If you need me to bring over the trailer so we can load either (or both) Spyders (and parts) and take them elsewhere, under Carlo's direction, let me know. I know it's not a preferable option, but it may give you a bargaining chip.
:agree: with the destination West Coast Powersport in Clearwater, FL!

Smylinacha
01-20-2010, 12:54 PM

:thumbup: I like that idea - get them outta there!

tatt2r
01-20-2010, 01:19 PM
:thumbup: I like that idea - get them outta there!

I agree I remember cars sitting apart in garage for long periods of time when I was a mechanic .... Not good ...,, old stuff or difficult cars to get parts for ...
I would tell them straight out box it up I'm picking it up

Smylinacha
01-20-2010, 01:27 PM
I agree I remember cars sitting apart in garage for long periods of time when I was a mechanic .... Not good ...,, old stuff or difficult cars to get parts for ...
I would tell them straight out box it up I'm picking it up

I'd want them out of there - not sure if there is a better dealer around them or not. They should ship their Spyders to my dealer on their dealer's tab!

caser
01-20-2010, 08:27 PM

Boy I feel your pain. I've had my issues with services depts and know what I feels l . But nothing as long as you.

Just as a side note, was it snow season 4 mos. ago? These guys don't sound to good to me. They don't seem concerned with future sales.

dltang
01-20-2010, 09:45 PM
:agree: with the destination West Coast Powersport in Clearwater, FL!

Now there is an idea worth entertaining:D

dltang
01-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Well, I spoke with the owner of the shop and strongly voiced my displeasure. He assured me I will be at the front of the line, no waiting for snowmobiles or otherwise. He also promised that they will start on Brian's and if his engine appears to have any of the problems mine had, they will not do a teardown, they will insist on a whole new engine for Brian. My concern right now is weather or not my engine will run properly or well once they have it all back together. This is the first complete tear down of a spyder this dealership has done. Keep that in prayer for me everyone. Thank you all for such support, this group is fantastic.

Smylinacha
01-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Hey Deb! Glad you talked w/ your dealer. I totally understand your concern about your engine working properly since they never tore one up before and also since it's been sitting doing nothing for months upon months.

Is there a way Carlo could authorize BRP to have it all crated up and shipped to a dealer that has done this and who is experienced with it and will get it done in a timely fashion? After hearing they never did a tear down, that would freak me out.

Our dealer has torn down engines and had them back together within days. I know others have said leave it with who started it but if someone could work on it that has done it more than once. ya know?

Well, I spoke with the owner of the shop and strongly voiced my displeasure. He assured me I will be at the front of the line, no waiting for snowmobiles or otherwise. He also promised that they will start on Brian's and if his engine appears to have any of the problems mine had, they will not do a teardown, they will insist on a whole new engine for Brian. My concern right now is weather or not my engine will run properly or well once they have it all back together. This is the first complete tear down of a spyder this dealership has done. Keep that in prayer for me everyone. Thank you all for such support, this group is fantastic.

caser
01-21-2010, 04:10 PM

If the problems with your bike necessitates a new engine for Brain then you should get a new one too. This guy is trying to make it look like he's the good guy by going to bat for you guys with BRP. They are the ones who have let this thing drag on this long. Shame on them.

Smylinacha
01-21-2010, 04:39 PM
If the problems with your bike necessitates a new engine for Brain then you should get a new one too. This guy is trying to make it look like he's the good guy by going to bat for you guys with BRP. They are the ones who have let this thing drag on this long. Shame on them.

Now that would be a nice - a new engine. I agree w/ ya - shame on them!

I'd still be pushing to get both machines out of their hands and into a place good mechanical know how - even putting a new engine in.

caser
01-21-2010, 05:15 PM

Now that would be a nice - a new engine. I agree w/ ya - shame on them!

I'd still be pushing to get both machines out of their hands and into a place good mechanical know how - even putting a new engine in.

Maybe we should send that female bike club over there and put the fear of God in them.

Smylinacha
01-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Maybe we should send that female bike club over there and put the fear of God in them.

:2thumbs: I will be more than happy to go and do that! I am in a club but not the 1% biker chick one but we have crazies in our club and we'll all come out for the ride :)

caser
01-21-2010, 06:17 PM
:2thumbs: I will be more than happy to go and do that! I am in a club but not the 1% biker chick one but we have crazies in our club and we'll all come out for the ride :)

Should we start taking up a collection for bail? :yikes::yikes:

widowmaker2011
01-21-2010, 07:48 PM
I'd demand 2 new engine assemblies. Period. This has been done for other owners. The squeaky grease gets the wheel. I would put zero faith in a sled dealer that has never had a 990 4 stroke apart. Absurdity. You DESERVE 2 new engines. Not "lets hope and pray it goes together ok". Again , there have been several instances where people with IDENTICAL inner engine problems as yours have received assemblies, not repairs , simply by demanding. You paid too much for those machines to get anything but new motors. :yikes:

Smylinacha
01-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Nah! Cops love me cuz I'm cute :2thumbs:

Should we start taking up a collection for bail? :yikes::yikes:

Smylinacha
01-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Yep. I used to have patience but I don't anymore. It's nice to try and have everyone happy but there is no such thing. Just doesn't exist without one party getting the shaft - ususally the consumer. Either two new engines or have BRP ship her Spyder elsewhere to get fixed - I wouldn't want mine at a dealer who tells me it's snowmobile season so the Spyders kinda sat there. Oh we'll get to them, don't you worry.

I'd demand 2 new engine assemblies. Period. This has been done for other owners. The squeaky grease gets the wheel. I would put zero faith in a sled dealer that has never had a 990 4 stroke apart. Absurdity. You DESERVE 2 new engines. Not "lets hope and pray it goes together ok". Again , there have been several instances where people with IDENTICAL inner engine problems as yours have received assemblies, not repairs , simply by demanding. You paid too much for those machines to get anything but new motors. :yikes:

effgjamis
01-21-2010, 08:49 PM
GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Lets send Vieto. or better yet D'Magic Man.....
Just might scare the :cus: out of the dealer......

Hope to see you both on the rode again SOON....

mvengineer
01-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Deb
If you decide to go to another dealer at some point, I would recommend Ray C's in Lapeer, Michigan may be 20 miles from you. They have been servicing my spyder and have done truly an outstanding job. They typically pick my spyder from my house and transport it to their shop, a 60 mile one way trip, in an enclosed trailer. Bring it back the next day and even put it in my garage while I am at work, all free of charge. Now that is some service. Their mechanics are well trained and service manager Bill is truly professional. I have had no problems with their work at all. Just thought to mention in case you decide to go elsewhere close. Good luck.

bjt
01-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Deb
If you decide to go to another dealer at some point, I would recommend Ray C's in Lapeer, Michigan may be 20 miles from you. They have been servicing my spyder and have done truly an outstanding job. They typically pick my spyder from my house and transport it to their shop, a 60 mile one way trip, in an enclosed trailer. Bring it back the next day and even put it in my garage while I am at work, all free of charge. Now that is some service. Their mechanics are well trained and service manager Bill is truly professional. I have had no problems with their work at all. Just thought to mention in case you decide to go elsewhere close. Good luck.

Thanks for bringing up Ray C's. I forgot about them and they aren't that much farther from us than NordRide is. We may start using them.

Just to clarify to some of the previous commentors, NordRide isn't a snowmobile dealer that sells Spyders. They are a Kawasaki dealer also and probably sell more motorcycles than anything else. It's just that they've sold less than 20 Spyders locally and no Spyder that they've sold has more mileage than ours. Though they've let us down on this repair, they have otherwise been great and knowledgable. They did a great deal of work in helping BRP fix the early shifting problems on the SE5 that was a result of a spring being too light to actuate properly. The ability is there.

mxz600
01-22-2010, 01:10 PM
I I would put zero faith in a sled dealer that has never had a 990 4 stroke apart. :

Why all the hate for sled dealers. You make it sound like they're a bunch of incompetent back yard mechanics. Sleds are very sophisticated machines and a lot of them run four strokes these days. I myself am not a wrench head but I'm not really seeing the difference between a "V" or "inline" four stroke, call me stupid. :dontknow: