PDA

View Full Version : MPG2

Desert Spyder
01-16-2010, 03:53 PM
My :spyder2: on the last fillup (no topping) averaged just over 21mpg, basically city driving. Acceleration is fine, no misfires, sounds normal, uses regular, has had all the updates. Fwy is about 30. This is quite a spread. This has been going on for quite awhile. No gas fumes. I didn't buy this to save on gas, however .... any thoughts?

RShrimp
01-16-2010, 04:32 PM
My thought is ......Ride it! I have heard a bunch of bad things about Ca. blend Gas with respect to mileage. If it runs good, run it.

QuadManiac
01-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Not too far from mine... I find that my fuel mileage is very strongly linked to how heavy my right hand is.

bone crusher
01-16-2010, 09:51 PM
I don't look at city/highway...I just average it out and I stay around 28-31. Some here are in the mid/upper 30s but I have no idea how if they're actually riding the thing and not just coasting around.

It's like my hybrid. Some get 35-40 with their Lexus 400h...I'm lucky to get 25...I don't change my driving habits because I have a hybrid, as many others do...I need a hybrid that keeps up with my driving method! I can't just coast around everywhere and take all day just to see how high the MPG goes...I need some performance with better mileage.

Enjoy your spyder...if you're in your first 1000 miles of usage, it's not going to do too well anyway...I was averaging maybe 26 mpg for the first 1000 miles...has gotten much better with time, along with mods like better exhaust, better air filter, and the JB...

Desert Spyder
01-17-2010, 08:46 AM
I don't look at city/highway...I just average it out and I stay around 28-31. Some here are in the mid/upper 30s but I have no idea how if they're actually riding the thing and not just coasting around.

It's like my hybrid. Some get 35-40 with their Lexus 400h...I'm lucky to get 25...I don't change my driving habits because I have a hybrid, as many others do...I need a hybrid that keeps up with my driving method! I can't just coast around everywhere and take all day just to see how high the MPG goes...I need some performance with better mileage.

Enjoy your spyder...if you're in your first 1000 miles of usage, it's not going to do too well anyway...I was averaging maybe 26 mpg for the first 1000 miles...has gotten much better with time, along with mods like better exhaust, better air filter, and the JB...

Oh no, I'm a vet. Over 9K mi. Just wunderin if anybody else has has their MPG slackin a little. I knew this machine could be a thirsty devil and I do have a heavy hand at the light. Its no fun not to...

WaltH
01-17-2010, 09:37 AM
On my 2008 Spyder with the Hindle and no updates I would get 33 to 35 mpg depending upon how fast I was going. On my 2009 Spyder with no Hindle and one update I get 30 to 33 mpg. If I push the speed to 85 mph, I could get as little as 29 mpg. If I don't go over 70 mph, I can consistently get 33 mpg. The worst mileage ever recorded was 28 mpg. I am not into fast acceleration from a standing stop. I just stay with the flow of the traffic.

LDFIREWORKS
01-17-2010, 12:32 PM
who cares just ride it and love it:gaah: :yikes: :roflblack:

boborgera
01-17-2010, 01:18 PM
who cares just ride it and love it:gaah: :yikes: :roflblack:

:agree::agree: If you worry about MPGs you'll go nuts, It's almost impossible
to fill the gas tank to the same level each time you get gas. A little more
one time a little less the next time and your MPGs will be all over the map.:shocked:

Roger
01-17-2010, 01:20 PM

:agree: i want to get the best preformance with the best mileage i can
without to much sacrafice i drive a scion xb 2009 which i traded from a 2009 corolla i needed room but gave up a little on mileage now i need something that sits a little higher to help my knee out. So now i'am thinking RAV4 more room and a little better mileage than the XB. :chat:

truck 85
01-17-2010, 02:05 PM
:agree::agree: If you worry about MPGs you'll go nuts, It's almost impossible
to fill the gas tank to the same level each time you get gas. A little more
one time a little less the next time and your MPGs will be all over the map.:shocked:

that is why i use fuley i can look back over my mileage and compare it to others. but at the end of the day ryde it like you stole it and have fun that's why you bought it is it not?

(click on the fuelly bage and go look for your self mine has all the fule i have ever put in it sence new 3000 miles know)