PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Meet

Trickie Dick
01-15-2010, 08:49 AM
:chat:Everybody is going nuts with this cold weather an no ryding. So to occupy our time, let's plan a party. Lets try to get as many as possible together(with our spyders) and swap winter lies, show off those Christmas mods etc. 8legs, you have the weekend work schedule so you get to pick a date. Someone suggest a place and we can put this thing together. Will probably need a rain date as well. Amanda, you can be in charge of decorations since you like the dress things up:roflblack:.
We have one of the most active state forums on spyder lovers. Let's all get together and meet each other.
John,:bowdown: you be charge of this whole thing. Someone needs to come up with a name for this motely crew. Me, I'm just going to suggest it and sneak out the back door.:yikes:
Dick

Amanda B
01-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Now I wanna get those parts on ASAP!!! Gotta get to work!

8LEGS
01-16-2010, 11:50 AM
Sounds good, but right now there is no panels on the spyder. They are getting painted. Did you have an idea as to how soon you wanted to party? I'm in.

I could definitely use a Spyder attitude adjustment.:2thumbs:

Trickie Dick
01-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Sounds good, but right now there is no panels on the spyder. They are getting painted. Did you have an idea as to how soon you wanted to party? I'm in.

I could definitely use a Spyder attitude adjustment.:2thumbs:
I'm thinking April. Heck if we do it too soon, we won't have anything to do again. Besides, I ain't riding in this cold weather. :yikes:
What color you paintin?
Dick

8LEGS
01-16-2010, 08:33 PM
I still haven't decided on a color. I'm going between black, sunset orange metallic, & blue. I have until next saturday to make up my mind. I still have those decals, not sure if I'll install them or not, if not I'll sell them.

April sounds good. Has anyone decided where we're going? :chat:

Amanda B
01-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Is sunset orange like a burnt orange color! I love the oranges, was thinking of doing it myself at one point. I wanted Beryllium orange like the 2007 Saleen mustang, but went phantom instead.

April sounds good to me too as long as I'm not working and the weather cooperates!

8LEGS
01-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Yes, it's like a burnt orange. I love the color. I would eventually like to get another set of panels and paint them gloss black. :-)

NewRider
01-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Hokay...as I posted on the other recent blog...Tim at Nine Irish Brothers, in Lafayette, where we had a minimeet, asked me two weeks ago, when we were coming back.:clap:I told him I would with you folks. He enjoyed our visit the last time, and so did the waitresses.;)

I was also thinking of rescheduling the meet in Burlington, postponing it when the weather turned foul...to sometime this spring. Any interest?

By that time Kathy's and my new puppies should be ready to meet some civilized trike ryders...:f_spider:

8LEGS
01-19-2010, 12:27 AM
I'm thinking April. Heck if we do it too soon, we won't have anything to do again. Besides, I ain't riding in this cold weather. :yikes:
What color you paintin?
Dick

April is good! My birthday is in April. If you want to set a date now I can request the weekend off, and if the weather is bad I'll work something out with my other assistant manager. How about April 17th? Need a location too. It would be nice to have ALL Indiana Spyders to attend if possible. If the date is good, I'll contact the other riders. Just need a location and an awesome ride to follow. :chat:

Trickie Dick
01-19-2010, 03:53 PM
April is good! My birthday is in April. If you want to set a date now I can request the weekend off, and if the weather is bad I'll work something out with my other assistant manager. How about April 17th? Need a location too. It would be nice to have ALL Indiana Spyders to attend if possible. If the date is good, I'll contact the other riders. Just need a location and an awesome ride to follow. :chat:

April 17th sounds good to me. Let's have others weigh in. I suggest we try to meet somewhere in the middle since we probably will have people coming from south and north. Why don't we start a registration thread to see who will come. Try to get a number. I hope this comes out better than last year when John tried to get everyone together and only 3 showed up. If people aren't interested then why bother.
Dick

8LEGS
01-20-2010, 12:25 AM
Sounds good Dick. Start the thread. or I can, and we'll go from there.

Amanda B
01-20-2010, 09:43 AM
As long as the weather cooperates, I'm in. Feverishly working on Mods. so it will be all put back together! If only a few are interested, let's bother anyway it's nice to see other Spyder riders and check out their mods!

8LEGS
01-20-2010, 10:52 PM
As long as the weather cooperates, I'm in. Feverishly working on Mods. so it will be all put back together! If only a few are interested, let's bother anyway it's nice to see other Spyder riders and check out their mods!

I'm in too, no matter how many attend. :clap:

Amanda B
01-21-2010, 02:28 PM
So, at least we know there are 2......:yes::yes:

Trickie Dick
01-21-2010, 08:03 PM
:yes::yes::yes:

retread
01-21-2010, 08:45 PM
:ohyea:

8LEGS
01-22-2010, 12:41 AM
:2thumbs: 4 is a good start :yes::yes::yes::yes:......

I know I'm ready. Greg will want to join us too! Just waiting for him to chime in.

YOOOO HOOOOO GREG ......... WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!

I'm off this weekend sooooo .... I'll write something up and start an "official" thread.

superfly3
01-22-2010, 02:29 AM
sure I will if my schedule allows,I have been working alot of hours,no time to put on mods I have them sitting around but no time yet.:doorag:

Trickie Dick
01-22-2010, 07:54 AM
sure I will if my schedule allows,I have been working alot of hours,no time to put on mods I have them sitting around but no time yet.:doorag:
Hey Greg, nice to hear from you. We haven't seen much of you lately. Busy, busy, huh.
Hope you can make it. BTW we gotta schedule another lunch up in your area again this summer.
Dick

Amanda B
01-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Where r we gonna meet??:popcorn:

superfly3
01-22-2010, 11:47 AM
I was thinking maybe somewhere in shipshwana or we meet at the farmers market right there on the us 20 bypass which is closer,but we have time to decide where.:clap: just can't wait for summer and get out there and ride:yes::yes:

Trickie Dick
01-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Where r we gonna meet??:popcorn:
don't know yet. Greg(superfly) was talking about lunch later this summer in northern Indiana. We did that last year.
Our April17th meeting place hasn't been decided. Let's see who is coming from where and then meet in the middle as much as possible. I'm thinking maybe Nashville if noone comes down from the north. Great riding in the area. Any suggestions??
8legs is putting out a registration sheet this weekend.
John chime in.
Dick

8LEGS
01-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Went into my Indiana Spyderlover contact list tonight. There are too many members that haven't even signed on to the site this year. We might just have to settle for a meet with the "currently active" members. I don't know how to get in touch with the others. :dontknow:

retread
01-22-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm just sittin' here, figure if we post it here, and at least 2 other sites, we might get a crowd. I want to see where the heaviest concentration of Spyders is, and try to get something going close to them, get a bigger turnout that way.

john

Trickie Dick
01-22-2010, 10:12 PM
I'm just sittin' here, figure if we post it here, and at least 2 other sites, we might get a crowd. I want to see where the heaviest concentration of Spyders is, and try to get something going close to them, get a bigger turnout that way.

john
I posted on the other site last year to invite to our meeting. I got no response. I figure our best bet is here. Even if they are not on our users list they may monitor the Indiana thread. :dontknow:

8LEGS
01-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Sounds good John. :2thumbs: I'm not a member of the other sites, so posting there will be up to someone else. GREAT idea!!!

8LEGS
01-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Even if they are not on our users list they may monitor the Indiana thread. :dontknow:

I sure hope so!!