PDA

View Full Version : Houston, San Antonio, Austin Area Ryders

glynnk
01-08-2010, 09:13 PM
I know this may be a reach, but assuming the weather is warmer January 16th or 17th, anybody interested in a meet/eat somewhere between here and there (S.A./Austin)? I have no idea what the long range forecast is, but surely by then it will have warmed up a good bit....:shocked:

Anybody interested in taking a shot at this with a possible location and day?

Glynnk

BMikiten
01-09-2010, 01:11 AM
I know I'm available Monday but may be in a sailboat race Saturday/Sunday. Too many toys....

Brian

glynnk
01-09-2010, 04:21 PM
I know I'm available Monday but may be in a sailboat race Saturday/Sunday. Too many toys....

Brian
LOL---do they make ice breaker sailboats? Had a 17' sailboat a number of years ago; enjoyed it a lot until I found motorcycles!:2thumbs:

Glynnk

glynnk
01-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Those S.A., Austin and Houston folks may be interested in a SCRC chapter ride to Fayettville on Sunday, January 17th See early details below.

1512.1 (http://forums.delphiforums.com/ccscrc/messages?msg=1512.1) 508 Chapter Ride

When: Sunday January 17
Where: Joe’s Place -
We will Meet at Bucees (Hwy 290 @ Mueschke Rd) at 9:00am with KSU at 9:30.
This will be a ride on the back roads to Fayetteville for lunch.
I will be watching the weather and a go/no go notice will be posted on Saturday the 16th if the weather looks to be not suitable for riding on Sunday.

Dust off the seat, get out the gear, gas up the bike and let’s ride.

Arch
01-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Glynn,

If I have my new spyder ready, I'll be interested. Looks like you got your RT, how do you like it? I went back with the GS got a good price on a new 09, waiting on back rest now. Looking forward to being back in the saddle again.

Ed

Brevet05
01-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Sorry, can't make this one. We're headed to Mobile Bay for the commissioning of the LCS-2, USS Independence. Hope for all of us that great weather returns for the weekend.:pray:

glynnk
01-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Glynn,

If I have my new spyder ready, I'll be interested. Looks like you got your RT, how do you like it? I went back with the GS got a good price on a new 09, waiting on back rest now. Looking forward to being back in the saddle again.

Ed
Ed---That's great to hear. I assume it's red,right? What about the trailer? With respect to the RT, I really like it. Hope you can make it Sunday.

Glynnk

glynnk
01-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Sorry, can't make this one. We're headed to Mobile Bay for the commissioning of the LCS-2, USS Independence. Hope for all of us that great weather returns for the weekend.:pray:
When you get back we need to plan another group meet somewhere.

Glynnk

TonyMac
01-12-2010, 09:42 AM
I'd love to as well but am getting in the last weekend of regular deer hunting season. I'll keep an eye out for other rides. This spring will be a priority to do more of this type of riding. Thanks, Tony

glynnk
01-12-2010, 11:53 AM
I'd love to as well but am getting in the last weekend of regular deer hunting season. I'll keep an eye out for other rides. This spring will be a priority to do more of this type of riding. Thanks, Tony
Good luck on your hunt. Let's try and pull together another meet/eat over the next month or so.

Glynnk

sts
01-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Hi guys and gals
Cant make this one but VWATSON just started a Spyder Meetup.com page. This is a great place for us in Houston, Austin and San Antonio to hook up and plan rides as well. Check it out and join it is free

http://www.meetup.com/San-Antonio-Spyder-Ryders/

glynnk
01-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi guys and gals
Cant make this one but VWATSON just started a Spyder Meetup.com page. This is a great place for us in Houston, Austin and San Antonio to hook up and plan rides as well. Check it out and join it is free

http://www.meetup.com/San-Antonio-Spyder-Ryders/
Thanks for the heads up. I just signed up.

Glynnk

Yazz
01-14-2010, 08:50 AM
Count me in for the ryde!

Hope the weather is good...:pray:

Arch
01-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Ed---That's great to hear. I assume it's red,right? What about the trailer? With respect to the RT, I really like it. Hope you can make it Sunday.

Glynnk

Not looking good, they called today and still waiting for the back rest. Yes of course it's red is there any other color? The trailer is going to have to wait till later, as usual having to start all over again:gaah: which really bites. Thought about a used bike with accessories, but decided to go with a new one. It'll just take a little longer to get it put back like I like it, just very blessed to be here and still able to have the ability to ride. If I miss this one I'll catch up with y'all on the next one, looks like its going to be nice.

Ed

glynnk
01-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Not looking good, they called today and still waiting for the back rest. Yes of course it's red is there any other color? The trailer is going to have to wait till later, as usual having to start all over again:gaah: which really bites. Thought about a used bike with accessories, but decided to go with a new one. It'll just take a little longer to get it put back like I like it, just very blessed to be here and still able to have the ability to ride. If I miss this one I'll catch up with y'all on the next one, looks like its going to be nice.

Ed
LOL...When I asked the color question, I knew what the answer was going to be! Had lunch today with YAZZ and her husband, Jeff. Nice folks. She rides a Phantom and he rides a Harley. They're planning on showing up for the ride tomorrow. Hope you can make it.

Regards to Dianne.
Glynn

Yazz
01-17-2010, 07:05 PM
glynnk,

Hubby and I had a great time on the ryde today.:2thumbs:

Can't wait for the next one!

glynnk
01-17-2010, 11:38 PM
glynnk,

Hubby and I had a great time on the ryde today.:2thumbs:

Can't wait for the next one!

Today was great...glad you and Jeff were able to make it. We gotta do this again soon!:clap:We need to plan another get together with the San Antonio, Austin, Killeen folks. 3Wheel, Chris, Ozzie, Ed, Steve, what do y'all say?

Glynnk

ozzie
01-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Today was great...glad you and Jeff were able to make it. We gotta do this again soon!:clap:We need to plan another get together with the San Antonio, Austin, Killeen folks. 3Wheel, Chris, Ozzie, Ed, Steve, what do y'all say?

Glynnk

I’m ready lets do something this weekend. I’m free on the 23rd even if its just a breakfast or lunch meet.

glynnk
01-18-2010, 10:55 PM
I’m ready lets do something this weekend. I’m free on the 23rd even if its just a breakfast or lunch meet.
Ozzie--That sounds good for me---this Saturday, January 23rd. Let's make it a lunch somewhere. You pick the spot. Heads up Ed, 3Wheel, Chris, Steve and Yazz and any other Houston area riders out there!

Glynnk

ozzie
01-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Ozzie--That sounds good for me---this Saturday, January 23rd. Let's make it a lunch somewhere. You pick the spot. Heads up Ed, 3Wheel, Chris, Steve and Yazz and any other Houston area riders out there!

Glynnk

The usual place sounds good to me. Buffalo Grill, 1301 S. Voss Road at Woodway at 12:00 noon. Saturaday January 23

ps. ill start a new thread in the General discussion area.

3wheeldemon
01-19-2010, 04:08 PM
I will join you guys in the Buffalo grill this Saturday!:yes:

3WD

Batmobile
01-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Will have to catch you guys next time. Wouldn't be able to make it til later. Have a good time.

Ghost_Ryder
01-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Sorry guys... I have a Bystander Assistance Program (BAP) A Crash Course for the Motorcyclist that's offered by the ASMI in Lytle, Texas. Maybe next time.

glynnk
01-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Sorry guys... I have a Bystander Assistance Program (BAP) A Crash Course for the Motorcyclist that's offered by the ASMI in Lytle, Texas. Maybe next time.
We need to do another meet between here (Houston) and there (S.A./Austin). You folks come up with a location and date. The weather may start working in our favor.

Glynnk

Yazz
01-20-2010, 10:28 AM
The usual place sounds good to me. Buffalo Grill, 1301 S. Voss Road at Woodway at 12:00 noon. Saturaday January 23

The Buffalo Grill sounds great. Hubby won't be able to go this time.

Arch
01-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Well parts are supposed to be in tomorrow, if they are I'm going to get the break in done over the weekend and be ready for the first oil change next week. Heading to Kingsville for the weekend, sure hate missing this one too. Glad to see more spyder riders showing up. Let me know on the tri-city meet and greet, work is killing me and I need to ride, let the wind strip some of this stress off. Hope to see and ride with y'all soon.

Ed

glynnk
01-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Well parts are supposed to be in tomorrow, if they are I'm going to get the break in done over the weekend and be ready for the first oil change next week. Heading to Kingsville for the weekend, sure hate missing this one too. Glad to see more spyder riders showing up. Let me know on the tri-city meet and greet, work is killing me and I need to ride, let the wind strip some of this stress off. Hope to see and ride with y'all soon.

Ed
Ed, we'll miss you, but have a good trip to Kingsville.

Glynnk

3wheeldemon
01-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Wheather not as good as we thought but still going to the Buffalo Grill. See you guys at noon:ohyea:

3WD

3wheeldemon
01-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Great meet!:ohyea::yes:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5216&thumb=1&d=1264282554 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5216&d=1264282554) http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5217&thumb=1&d=1264282564 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5217&d=1264282564) http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5218&thumb=1&d=1264282578 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5218&d=1264282578)

3WD

glynnk
01-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Enjoyed seeing everyone...great get together and 3Wheel, thanks for the pics.

Glynnk

Yazz
01-24-2010, 06:39 PM
It was great getting to meet everyone!

3Wheel, thanks for the pictures.:thumbup:

3wheeldemon
01-27-2010, 05:20 PM
I had to reduce the resolution of the pictures to be able to post them, but I still have the originals from this and some of our previous meetings. I will burn a few CD's to hand out next time we see each other.

3WD