PDA

View Full Version : Driving Light Mounts - Need Bolt Info

lawrenc454
01-07-2010, 09:59 PM
I don't have my RT yet so this is a question for one of you that does and is both mechanical and can get thread pitch/sizing.

Working on two possible mounts for driving lights. One off of the wheel hub using the two large bolts. Got the basic design but don't have the bolt dimensions and thread pitch and BRP's parts catalogue only lists a part number. These are the two larger bolts on either side of the front fender support arm.:dontknow:

The second one could attach to the bottom of the top A-Frame arm. Think we have that one possibly ready for machining at the driving light supplier. :yes:

Can anyone check this out?:helpsmilie:

As soon as we get the mockups done and set the angles we'll get some machined and powercoated and I'll send photos.:D

Lonnie

NancysToy
01-07-2010, 10:11 PM
I don't have my RT yet so this is a question for one of you that does and is both mechanical and can get thread pitch/sizing.

Working on two possible mounts for driving lights. One off of the wheel hub using the two large bolts. Got the basic design but don't have the bolt dimensions and thread pitch and BRP's parts catalogue only lists a part number. These are the two larger bolts on either side of the front fender support arm.:dontknow:

The second one could attach to the bottom of the top A-Frame arm. Think we have that one possibly ready for machining at the driving light supplier. :yes:

Can anyone check this out?:helpsmilie:

As soon as we get the mockups done and set the angles we'll get some machined and powercoated and I'll send photos.:D

Lonnie
Don't know what model RT you ordered, but be aware that in some states more than four lights up front is illegal (like Michigan). If you have an RT-S with the foglights, or add optional foglights to another version, you would be in violation.

lawrenc454
01-08-2010, 01:35 AM
Thanks, did not know that. I live in CA and Arizona and have not had that problem in the western states. But I will look for information on that. My plan was to use one or the other but unless it was really bad like the dust storms I have been in while in AZ I wouldn't use all. Saw a lot of accidents and deaths as a result of vehicles not being seen in the storms.

My plan is to have the driving lights switched so that I can avoid the legal issue.

As usual Scotty, you are fountain of information. Thanks, Lonnie:clap:

boborgera
01-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks, did not know that. I live in CA and Arizona and have not had that problem in the western states. But I will look for information on that. My plan was to use one or the other but unless it was really bad like the dust storms I have been in while in AZ I wouldn't use all. Saw a lot of accidents and deaths as a result of vehicles not being seen in the storms.

My plan is to have the driving lights switched so that I can avoid the legal issue.

As usual Scotty, you are fountain of information. Thanks, Lonnie:clap:

In Jersey more than 4 light's are illegal also, Lit or not. Any more than 4
they must be covered.
Good law,
too many Yahoo's running around with a :gaah:
half dozen lights on pickups.

lawrenc454
01-12-2010, 01:53 PM
If I go to states where it is against the law I put on covers for them. Before a long trip usually look at AAA info on applicable laws in the states I going through. Being an ex-police officer does that to you.

By the way these lights have switch that allows you to turn them full bright or all the way off or somewhere in between.

I really do appreciate the advice folks.:clap:

Ride safe Sypder Lovers, Lonnie

WackyDan
01-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Don't know what model RT you ordered, but be aware that in some states more than four lights up front is illegal (like Michigan). If you have an RT-S with the foglights, or add optional foglights to another version, you would be in violation.

I fall into that camp right now with my motolights. I have 6 forward facing lights...The Moto's use the MR-16 halogens, and I can order some that are yellow, making them pass for "fogs"...but still useful.

So far, I haven't gotten pulled over for the 6... but I'll have the amber/yellow before I do too much more riding. I think it would take a real picky LEO to nail you for 6... but I know some states are far more strict about enforcement.

Mad Matt
01-30-2010, 12:31 AM
I love my driving lights, mounts are in production and ready to bolt on.

http://www.kewlmetalstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=5_37&products_id=101

Matt