PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the BRP seat cover?

Webhead
01-07-2010, 12:38 PM
I think the stock seat is pretty comfortable, but was thinking about adding the seat cover for a better look. I'd love feedback from anyone who has it on their :spyder:. Was it a PITA to install? Has it held up, or has it stretched/wrinkled over time? Do you like the look of it installed?

Any help or other suggestions would be great....

Thanks,

Steve

jeff0110
01-07-2010, 02:06 PM
I installed the seat cover over a year ago. The install was easy. It has held up and it does give the bike a better look. However it does not make the seat any more comfortable. I would recomend to buy the new comfort seat, which I will be doing this year. So yes my seat cover will be for sale when I get the new seat.

sabunim5
01-07-2010, 04:02 PM
I think the stock seat is pretty comfortable, but was thinking about adding the seat cover for a better look. I'd love feedback from anyone who has it on their :spyder:. Was it a PITA to install? Has it held up, or has it stretched/wrinkled over time? Do you like the look of it installed?

Thanks,

Steve

Search this site and you will find pictures, installation tips etc. Sorry but I don't have one or I would comment more. :thumbup:

BRPjunkie
01-07-2010, 04:34 PM

Thanks,

Steve

Installing the skin is easy, if you get it nice and warm. Removing the seat to install it is a pain, especially if you have the sport rack and Givi cases installed. Once it's on and in the sun for an hour, all creases disappear. It is for looks only and, it does nothing for comfort. You may sit a bit lower in the seat if you take $200 out of your wallet to buy it. I am happy with mine, but I got it for half price and at 150 pounds, don't challenge the foam in the stock seat as much as some may.
http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o440/mjshore/seat.jpg?t=1262899552

ntxYguy2009
01-07-2010, 04:38 PM
I agree with the others. It is mainly a cosmetic item. I purchased it to protect the original seat from damage.

David