PDA

View Full Version : I went trailer shopping.

jima1153
01-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Here is some crazyness. I went shopping for an enclosed trailer yesterday. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted, but I was thinking a 16' enclosed should work for now (1 HD and 1 Spyder). Eventually I would like to be able to haul my RS, RT,(and trailer) and 2 HD's. I found a good looking 16' motorcycle trailer with tiedowns and wheel chalks installed. $5200.00. Well I kept looking around the lot and found some "bankruptcy trailers". I called back to the office for some pricing and I ended up with a 28' new car hauler/finished inside for $6000.00. Well my problem solved. had them put some E-track on the floor front to back and instant Spyder Hauler. Thats what we will be taking to TX next week. As I was pulling it home I realized that there is only $2001.00 difference between my new 28' Roadmaster and my soon to arrive (I hope) BRP trailer for my soon to arrive (I hope)RT-s PE . Something just doesn't sound right about that. O well.:popcorn:

txknight67
01-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Here is some crazyness. I went shopping for an enclosed trailer yesterday. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted, but I was thinking a 16' enclosed should work for now (1 HD and 1 Spyder). Eventually I would like to be able to haul my RS, RT,(and trailer) and 2 HD's. I found a good looking 16' motorcycle trailer with tiedowns and wheel chalks installed. $5200.00. Well I kept looking around the lot and found some "bankruptcy trailers". I called back to the office for some pricing and I ennded up with a 28' new car hauler/finished inside for $6000.00. Well my problem solved. had them put some E-track on the floor front to back and instant Spyder Hauler. Thats what we will be taking to TX next week. As I was pulling it home I realized that there is only $2001.00 difference between my new 28' Roadmaster and my soon to arrive (I hope) BRP trailer for my soon to arrive (I hope)RT-s PE . Something just doesn't sound right about that. O well.:popcorn:

That's funny, when I told someone about the prices I was seeing for Spyder trailers he said the same thing. I only paid $2000 for a 4X8 enclosed trailer myself.

My BIL built a trailer for his Goldwing himself. Went to Harbor Freight and bought one of their complete trailer frames, then bought a car roof top carrier and bolted it to that frame. Worked like a champ from OK City up to Niagara Falls and back. Not sure of the total cost, but I am sure it was well below the $5K - $6k I am seeing for purpose built motorcycle trailers.

BTW, where ya headed in TX?

jima1153
01-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Hdd to Weslaco - Down in the RG Valley. I used to work down there occasionally and now my dad spends his winters there. Down for a weeks getaway.

txknight67
01-05-2010, 11:58 PM
Hdd to Weslaco - Down in the RG Valley. I used to work down there occasionally and now my dad spends his winters there. Down for a weeks getaway.

Have fun. Weather should be nice.

Doubt you'll come through the panhandle though. Thinking it would be a good chance to do a meet and eat, but I suspect you'll be coming down through DFW? Or crossing the border even further east and south?