PDA

View Full Version : alarms/mods

vwatso
01-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Wanted to see if anyone has any reviews on alarm systems for the new rts? also wanted to check and see if anyone is has any new mods out for the rt's? I know kewl has the highway pegs. Please add any that come up with?

vwatso 194

NancysToy
01-05-2010, 08:38 AM
The existing ESI mudflap lights will fit.

Roaddog2
01-05-2010, 04:34 PM
The existing ESI mudflap lights will fit.Good Mod 1 of the best Ive done :thumbup:

2Gunns
01-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Don't know if will work on the RT, but it looks really cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjFicG_L-2s

BumbleBee
01-06-2010, 05:36 AM
The existing ESI mudflap lights will fit.

I was told yesterday that the ESI mudflap and fender tips will not fit on the RT-S. Wires are too short.

NancysToy
01-06-2010, 09:02 AM
I was told yesterday that the ESI mudflap and fender tips will not fit on the RT-S. Wires are too short.
Interesting, Evan told me otherwise last week. Guess he has had a chance to look a little closer. Maybe he can chime in here and tell us for certain......or maybe he is too busy waiting delivery of his own RT-S. :D

lawrenc454
01-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Confirmed and ordered.

the nicko
01-07-2010, 05:59 AM
nice
:popcorn:

BumbleBee
01-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Interesting, Evan told me otherwise last week. Guess he has had a chance to look a little closer. Maybe he can chime in here and tell us for certain......or maybe he is too busy waiting delivery of his own RT-S. :D

Confirmed and ordered.

I called ESI myself yesterday (was planning on placing a order for the mudflaps and fender tips), "unless I mis-undrstood", I was told that the mudflap wires are a bit short :dontknow:

PS: It wasn't MM I spoke to, so I don't know.....

NancysToy
01-07-2010, 08:00 AM
I called ESI myself yesterday (was planning on placing a order for the mudflaps and fender tips), "unless I mis-undrstood", I was told that the mudflap wires are a bit short :dontknow:

PS: It wasn't MM I spoke to, so I don't know.....
I thought Evan told me that about the Tipz wires. I see no reason for the mudflap light wires to be short, since they just attach to the fender tip lights, within the fenders. MM, please chime in and set us straight.

BumbleBee
01-07-2010, 08:17 AM
I thought Evan told me that about the Tipz wires. I see no reason for the mudflap light wires to be short, since they just attach to the fender tip lights, within the fenders. MM, please chime in and set us straight.

:agree: Maybe I mis-understood, so help us out please :thumbup:

Sopher
02-14-2010, 11:49 PM
Don't know if will work on the RT, but it looks really cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjFicG_L-2s

I actually have this Viper 5901 alarm on my Ford F150. Great Alarm.
But for my Spyder I used the Scorpio i900 becuase it has the feature of the Viper two way keyfob, PLUS a perimter sensor alarm.

aka1004
02-16-2010, 06:06 PM
wow that or some viper alarm lets start your vehicle with iphone!!!
they charge 30 bucks a year but will be nice to pre-heat/cool your vehicle before you get to your vehicle. also, let spyder warm up, especially if you live in cold climate.

Lamonster
02-16-2010, 06:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG_zTIRR3cI

strats
02-16-2010, 07:12 PM
wow that or some viper alarm lets start your vehicle with iphone!!!
they charge 30 bucks a year but will be nice to pre-heat/cool your vehicle before you get to your vehicle. also, let spyder warm up, especially if you live in cold climate.

Will never happen legally in Australia. Illegal for any vehicle to be started or left running (Turbo Timer) whilst no one occupying.

Scorpio SRi900 on my RS, which I have removed prior to trading... just waiting for my RT-S to be delivered and I'll see if the connectors are the same.