PDA

View Full Version : 2 juice or not 2 juice

brutus450
01-04-2010, 07:35 PM
OK, got a 2bros single pipe for Christmas now wondering if I need to get a juice box.

How many people run aftermarket pipes without any other mods? and do you have any problems because you didnt adjust the fuel?

I have no other mods

dave01
01-04-2010, 07:46 PM
If you keep the stock intake filter, all you are doing with the pipe is relieving some back pressure and getting a good sound. You are very safe not running the Juice Box. I ran the 2Bros pipes on my B-king for over a year and the plugs never showed a sign of running lean. Modern injected bikes/Spyders do a pretty good job of correcting themselves for A/F, such as going from sea level to mountains.

groundeffect
01-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Newbie questions alert:

What is a juice box and what does it do when added to the spyder?
thank you.

j45p3r
01-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Newbie questions alert:

thank you.
http://www.twobros.com/Perf_Products/Juice_Box/JuiceBox.htm

It's basically a means of modifying fuel delivery to complement engine mods like free flowing intake and exhaust. Doing those mods without modifying fuel delivery will create a lean burn condition.

groundeffect
01-04-2010, 08:10 PM
http://www.twobros.com/Perf_Products/Juice_Box/JuiceBox.htm

It's basically a means of modifying fuel delivery to complement engine mods like free flowing intake and exhaust. Doing those mods without modifying fuel delivery will create a lean burn condition.

Wow, seems like a great way to boost performance.

Thank you for your reply.

brutus450
01-04-2010, 08:13 PM
THANKS DAVE:2thumbs:

just what I wanted to hear!

might get one in the future but my wife would kill me if I spent 300 frog skins right now

Smylinacha
01-04-2010, 08:25 PM
I fot the 2 bros single can and I found that it popped quite a bit. Put the JB on and all is well. Don't even have to warm up the Spyder - just start and go.

OK, got a 2bros single pipe for Christmas now wondering if I need to get a juice box.

How many people run aftermarket pipes without any other mods? and do you have any problems because you didnt adjust the fuel?

I have no other mods

Smylinacha
01-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Sort of like a Power Commander. I'm sure a gear head will chime in at some point :)

Newbie questions alert:

thank you.

RoadHammer
01-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Did you have to fiddle with the JB alot to get it working good or just use the stock settings provided?
I have the JB unit since last summer but havn't bothered with it yet. I might sell it.

I fot the 2 bros single can and I found that it popped quite a bit. Put the JB on and all is well. Don't even have to warm up the Spyder - just start and go.

Smylinacha
01-04-2010, 08:40 PM
HDX tweaked it a little bit but there was a thread on here where Lamonster posted his settings - you might wanna ask him.

Did you have to fiddle with the JB alot to get it working good or just use the stock settings provided?
I have the JB unit since last summer but havn't bothered with it yet. I might sell it.

dave01
01-04-2010, 08:43 PM
THANKS DAVE:2thumbs:

just what I wanted to hear!

might get one in the future but my wife would kill me if I spent 300 frog skins right now

The JB does make the Spyder run somewhat smoother, but if you dont mind the occasional pop when decellerating, its not a necessity. I had mine on and off many times tweaking with stuff. Here in Fl, at low altitude, I found it not necessary. JMHO though

Smylinacha
01-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Mine popped so much it sounded like I was gunning someone down - the juicebox really helped.

The JB does make the Spyder run somewhat smoother, but if you dont mind the occasional pop when decellerating, its not a necessity. I had mine on and off many times tweaking with stuff. Here in Fl, at low altitude, I found it not necessary. JMHO though

RoadHammer
01-04-2010, 08:46 PM
I have the MBRP exhaust and the green filter. I found the green filter did the trick for smoother running and response. It still pops every now and than deexxxcelerating but it don't bug me.

RoadHammer
01-04-2010, 08:47 PM
LMAO:roflblack: my buddies behind me think there getting shot at, i do it on purpose sometimes. I know exactly how do fire it:yes:

I have the MBRP exhaust and the green filter. I found the green filter did the trick for smoother running and response. It still pops every now and than deexxxcelerating but it don't bug me.

Smylinacha
01-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Now it would be pretty cool when it popped sparks and flames would shoot out!

LMAO:roflblack: my buddies behind me think there getting shot at, i do it on purpose sometimes. I know exactly how do fire it:yes:

brutus450
01-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Ok, so how loud is the popping?

Smylinacha
01-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Well mine seemed to happen more on damp humid days. And it was LOUD, like a bunch of firecrackers going off on decel. Always did it more on decel.

Ok, so how loud is the popping?

brutus450
01-04-2010, 09:01 PM

if you sell it, how much would you want?

RoadHammer
01-04-2010, 09:03 PM
hmmmmm ya your right bones. Maybe I'll throw that JB on there in Feb when it warms up.

Loud enoughto annoy, but I'd be more concerned about the lean condition that the popping is a symptom of......

Homeslice
01-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Would the Juice Box be necessary with the Hindle and green air filter??

RoadHammer
01-04-2010, 09:06 PM
i might or might not sell it. Not sure yet. If i did sell it it would be same as a new unit but i'll cover shipping.

if you sell it, how much would you want?

brutus450
01-04-2010, 09:07 PM
I guess I will wait to see how it does in the spring. I found a jb on eBay for 220 bucks

Smylinacha
01-04-2010, 09:21 PM
The settings are in the trunk of my Spyder but that is buried because it's way back in the garage and I can't get to it. If you are willing to wait, I can dig it out at some point and give you the settings.

hmmmmm ya your right bones. Maybe I'll throw that JB on there in Feb when it warms up.

RoadHammer
01-04-2010, 09:32 PM
sure no problem.

The settings are in the trunk of my Spyder but that is buried because it's way back in the garage and I can't get to it. If you are willing to wait, I can dig it out at some point and give you the settings.

Smylinacha
01-04-2010, 09:46 PM
You'll have a pm in a minute

sure no problem.

bone crusher
01-04-2010, 09:50 PM
sure no problem.

I don't think there are universal settings for the JB as you have to see what does best for you. I have tweaked mine several times and still play with it, if nothing for just to see some changes. I didn't get the second update, but did get the first (no need for second for me)...the fourth setting might be the most important for the popping as it affects the cruising and if you let off the throttle and still push a lot of fuel (high number for fourth mode), it might create the popping issue...I found that with the fourth mode no higher than 4, it greatly diminished my hindle popping when decelerating through 4th gear...

BajaRon
01-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Some mild popping on decel is not a big deal. But a lot of popping can really give the muffler fits. It is designed to dappen exhaust pulses, not exploding fuel (which is what the pop really is).

Some cans handle the explosions better than others but most all of them will fail prematurely if the problem is persistant.

The Juice Box is not difficult to install or adjust. There are baseline settings for different setups that can usually get you in the ballpark. And it isn't necessary to have the JB spot on for it to be effective.

If you have altered the intake/exhaust enough to get significant popping and you're sure gasket leaks are not the cause then I think the JB is a good investment.

Not only will the JB give you smoother and more power but adjusted correctly it can also improve fuel mileage.

On a stock Spyder it is a waste of money though.

bone crusher
01-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Some mild popping on decel is not a big deal. But a lot of popping can really give the muffler fits. It is designed to dappen exhaust pulses, not exploding fuel (which is what the pop really is).

Some cans handle the explosions better than others but most all of them will fail prematurely if the problem is persistant.

The Juice Box is not difficult to install or adjust. There are baseline settings for different setups that can usually get you in the ballpark. And it isn't necessary to have the JB spot on for it to be effective.

If you have altered the intake/exhaust enough to get significant popping and you're sure gasket leaks are not the cause then I think the JB is a good investment.

Not only will the JB give you smoother and more power but adjusted correctly it can also improve fuel mileage.

On a stock Spyder it is a waste of money though.

I thought the hindle eliminated the gasket (as is on the stock) or are we referring to something else? I think too many keep the cruising fuel number high on the JB...I think this is where most mileage will be lost...why keep the mixture rich when you're coasting? Why keep pumping in fuel when you're not accelerating? I keep the accel and full throttle at a decent number, but lay off of the cruising and time for kick-in for accel/full throttle...settings 5 and 6 don't seem to do as much to me as settings 2,3, and 4...JMHO...

BajaRon
01-05-2010, 09:48 PM
I thought the hindle eliminated the gasket (as is on the stock) or are we referring to something else? I think too many keep the cruising fuel number high on the JB...I think this is where most mileage will be lost...why keep the mixture rich when you're coasting? Why keep pumping in fuel when you're not accelerating? I keep the accel and full throttle at a decent number, but lay off of the cruising and time for kick-in for accel/full throttle...settings 5 and 6 don't seem to do as much to me as settings 2,3, and 4...JMHO...

There are other gaskets in the exhaust system besides the muffler to pipe connection. Any air leak in the system can aggrevate popping issues. It's important to be sure this is not the problem before you try to fix popping with fuel mix changes.

bone crusher
01-05-2010, 10:17 PM
There are other gaskets in the exhaust system besides the muffler to pipe connection. Any air leak in the system can aggrevate popping issues. It's important to be sure this is not the problem before you try to fix popping with fuel mix changes.

Interesting...I found that altering the mix helped with the popping...a little backfiring is generally okay...major booms are an indication of a problem, no?