PDA

View Full Version : Salty Spyder

nickcaro
01-04-2010, 07:03 PM
the iPhone pic came out better than expected, but in reality it was way more intense. This is what my Spyder looked like when I got to work this morning. I spent the holiday weekend scurrying around CT and playing in the snow, but things change drastically when I get in to the salt on the parkways in NY.

Not sure what's funnier; the look on the faces of drivers on the parkway or the look on the guys at the car wash this evening when I was hosing it down. Best part is pulling away as the water freezes in place.

Dudley
01-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Nic,
BRP should really consider working out a deal with you to enable them to ship your Spyder to the factory and really tearing into it. You have tested it to the extreme...they would benefit from this.

truck 85
01-04-2010, 07:57 PM
wow no wonder few of you will not ride in the winter. to much salt for me i am on a salt free ryde.:shemademe_smilie::roflblack::roflblack:

docdoru
01-04-2010, 08:17 PM
:yikes::2thumbs:

groundeffect
01-04-2010, 08:28 PM
the iPhone pic came out better than expected, but in reality it was way more intense. This is what my Spyder looked like when I got to work this morning. I spent the holiday weekend scurrying around CT and playing in the snow, but things change drastically when I get in to the salt on the parkways in NY.

Not sure what's funnier; the look on the faces of drivers on the parkway or the look on the guys at the car wash this evening when I was hosing it down. Best part is pulling away as the water freezes in place.

Wow, that is some serious salt on there!

GLAD you washed it off quickly, that stuff will eat away at the metals and things.

Good stuff on riding in the cold winter conditions! :D

Cheers.

NancysToy
01-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Nic,
BRP should really consider working out a deal with you to enable them to ship your Spyder to the factory and really tearing into it. You have tested it to the extreme...they would benefit from this.
+1

burg650
01-05-2010, 12:25 AM
Nick I know you might hate me after reading this but it's the low 90's today in Bangkok, a bit too hot for me but better then 20's - 30's will have to deal with that soon anyway. I Spyder will never see such weather, I miss riding it and hope all the snow/salt will be gone when I get home so I can take it out for a spin . BRP should trade you up to a new Spyder, I think you have put the most miles on a Spyder and they should take yours to tear it apart and see how things held up.

BumbleBee
01-05-2010, 05:30 AM
:yikes::spyder2:

the nicko
01-05-2010, 08:47 AM
wow :popcorn:

nickcaro
01-05-2010, 08:36 PM
A few BRP folks did bring up the topic of doing a tear down on it and we played around with the idea earlier in 09'.... so we'll see if anything develops from it.

I push through some ugly conditions and park outdoors, so when I reach my 2 year mark, this Spyder will have aged about 7-9. It's almost like dog years and better than any simulated endurance testing. Although I don't routinely wash it, I'm fanatical about changing the oil and do it once a month on the first weekend. Other than that, I just put in gas and go.

M2Wild
01-20-2010, 02:25 PM
A few BRP folks did bring up the topic of doing a tear down on it and we played around with the idea earlier in 09'.... so we'll see if anything develops from it.

I push through some ugly conditions and park outdoors, so when I reach my 2 year mark, this Spyder will have aged about 7-9. It's almost like dog years and better than any simulated endurance testing. Although I don't routinely wash it, I'm fanatical about changing the oil and do it once a month on the first weekend. Other than that, I just put in gas and go.
Ummmm ... do you mean Spyder years? :popcorn:

Roadkill
01-20-2010, 08:01 PM
+After experiencing the crap I've been through riding this winter, I think it's unwise to have removed your fenders. I get lightly covered by spray, so you've got to be tossing it back on you in quantity.

Leather upkeep is also a bear.

Other than that, keep on keepin' on.

Ride on.
Roadkill